Making peace.
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Transtypers don't exist

There is no such thing as a transtyper. "I was once an LII, but now I am an SEI." No such thing.

A gun manufactured, if it is a shotgun type gun, remains a shotgun type gun. Shaving its muzzle isn't going to change it into a handgun. That's kind of the whole point of having types at all!
    Socionics is not behaviorist!

"This is the bizarre thing about being a superhero — you've even got to save the bad guys." -- Captain Planet.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that the "transtype" thing isn't about changing your type, it's about realizing that you behaved / appeared like a different type. But after some time these people could discover, that the cognitive behaviour behind their actions was different than they thought.

Or some people that got into abusive / threatening situations, might overuse some functions, and believe those are their "true" functions, because they didn't get to properly develop their best ones.

Just like when the light goes out, you can find the way by using smell, touch etc., and after a long time / when you were born in the dark you might believe you're blind, but when the light gets back, you return back to the "best" sense (sight).

Also, not everyone is good at reading themselves, and they could identify with the type they want to be, or with what someone else tells them, which may not be true. Or they could read too simplified descriptions.
    So I guess it's more like mistype than transtype.

Like when you cover the shotgun you've described with snow and roll it around for a while, you could say it's a snowball, but when the snow melts you realize it's a gun.

At least that's how I see it, and it might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SocietyOTLittleFlower View Post
    There is no such thing as a transtyper. "I was once an LII, but now I am an SEI." No such thing.

A gun manufactured, if it is a shotgun type gun, remains a shotgun type gun. Shaving its muzzle isn't going to change it into a handgun. That's kind of the whole point of having types at all!
    just another cistyper trash

TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Transtypephobe.

and what about being 2 types at once or not being one at all? And being undefined or being in the middle of two?