Thread: Can someone explain the DCNH Subtypes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can someone explain the DCNH Subtypes?

What is the difference between Harmonizing and Normalising?

What is the difference between Creative and Dominant?

Why does Gulenko think that H and C are duals, and N and D are duals?
    On the contrary it seems to me that H and D should be duals, and N and C should be duals.

Also it seems to make even more sense to me, that an H should date an H, a C should date a C, an N should date an N, a D should date a D.
    So, EII-H dates LSE-H for example.

It might sound very stupid because I am not well-read on the subtype system.
    (I can already imagine individuals typing furiously on their keyboard to correct me and explain to me).

People who understand this, please enlighten me.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my own thoughts on this which probably aren't shared by Gulenko but I dunno:

Dominant Subtypes are mostly tall man, and very rarely tall woman. They initiate things, interact with their environment, work towards concrete goals for the society they feel connected to. I think the word "dominant" might not be ideal, as not every D sub will show "dominant" behaviour. They are just involved in life and more "extroverted.

Creative Subtypes mainly live for themselves. Although they can care about their community, the most important thing is their independence, and they will reject things that they don't want to do unless you force them. Very difficult to get along, but I also don't like the word "creative" for them, as not every person of this subtype is going to be creative. men who are above average in height and tall woman often fall into this category from my observation.

Normalizers are called normie for a reason. usually have a set of rules for themselves that they adhere to move through life. I think this is by far the most common subtype, especially among women. in america there's kinda the meme that women go for tall chads. on a biological scale, they might just be most attracted to D subs, hence the N/D duality

Harmonizers are short people who avoid conflicts and are very passive. can appear extremly friendly even in tense environments. the beggar that tells you to have a great day each time you walk past them.

D subs want to do things in the world, that's why they pair well with N subs who take care of the boring detailed work that D subs can't pay attention to. N subs are happy to be around people with more energy. C and N subs very often do not get along. C subs are very scattered and don't care about rules most of the time. they also don't care about showing appropriate behaviour and following norms or society as a whole. they find N subs very boring. N subs find C subs very distressing and unstructured most of the time in their daily life. C subs rarely have stable relationships. they kinda need a passive person that just accepts everything that gets thrown at them. identical subtypes are most attracted to each other, but it's hard to see that two dominant people will get along long-term, or two selfish (C sub) people. N and H subs are imo better at maintaining relationships.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simplylee View Post
    What is the difference between Harmonizing and Normalising?

What is the difference between Creative and Dominant?

Why does Gulenko think that H and C are duals, and N and D are duals?
    On the contrary it seems to me that H and D should be duals, and N and C should be duals.

Also it seems to make even more sense to me, that an H should date an H, a C should date a C, an N should date an N, a D should date a D.
    So, EII-H dates LSE-H for example.

It might sound very stupid because I am not well-read on the subtype system.
    (I can already imagine individuals typing furiously on their keyboard to correct me and explain to me).

People who understand this, please enlighten me.
    Have you read all the articles on DCNH? Maybe read those first.
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...tegory/47-DCNH
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This sort of alignment is your role in a society if you feel like it fits. For instance, if doing routine work is not a huge pain in your back in terms of relation to your coworkers, you are probably a normalizer.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The simplest way I understand it is, you overlay a gestalt of either Je, Ji, Pe, Pi on someone's base type- that covers two of the dichotomies. That's the first way I type someone.
    And then there's the third connecting/ignoring dichotomy, which is pretty fun/mind-bendy one to think about (and legit in my experience). That's the next way I type someone, I've gotten a pretty good feel for how interaction (as an Ignoring type) with another Ignoring type versus a more compatible Connecting type feels.

Also, I don't think Gulenko's descriptions are very good- the Vera Boriseva ones make a lot more sense to me. The quotes on top of each subtype sum it up well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by on a peaceful hiatus View Post
    Here are my own thoughts on this which probably aren't shared by Gulenko but I dunno:

Dominant Subtypes are mostly tall man, and very rarely tall woman. They initiate things, interact with their environment, work towards concrete goals for the society they feel connected to. I think the word "dominant" might not be ideal, as not every D sub will show "dominant" behaviour. They are just involved in life and more "extroverted.

Creative Subtypes mainly live for themselves. Although they can care about their community, the most important thing is their independence, and they will reject things that they don't want to do unless you force them. Very difficult to get along, but I also don't like the word "creative" for them, as not every person of this subtype is going to be creative. men who are above average in height and tall woman often fall into this category from my observation.

Normalizers are called normie for a reason. usually have a set of rules for themselves that they adhere to move through life. I think this is by far the most common subtype, especially among women. in america there's kinda the meme that women go for tall chads. on a biological scale, they might just be most attracted to D subs, hence the N/D duality

Harmonizers are short people who avoid conflicts and are very passive. can appear extremly friendly even in tense environments. the beggar that tells you to have a great day each time you walk past them.

D subs want to do things in the world, that's why they pair well with N subs who take care of the boring detailed work that D subs can't pay attention to. N subs are happy to be around people with more energy. C and N subs very often do not get along. C subs are very scattered and don't care about rules most of the time. they also don't care about showing appropriate behaviour and following norms or society as a whole. they find N subs very boring. N subs find C subs very distressing and unstructured most of the time in their daily life. C subs rarely have stable relationships. they kinda need a passive person that just accepts everything that gets thrown at them. identical subtypes are most attracted to each other, but it's hard to see that two dominant people will get along long-term, or two selfish (C sub) people. N and H subs are imo better at maintaining relationships.
    I don't agree with the height thing. People of any height can be any subtype.
    But the way you explain C and N interaction makes so much sense to me. And now because yor explanation, I can see why H and C pair as duals, and N and D pair as duals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    The simplest way I understand it is, you overlay a gestalt of either Je, Ji, Pe, Pi on someone's base type- that covers two of the dichotomies. That's the first way I type someone.
    And then there's the third connecting/ignoring dichotomy, which is pretty fun/mind-bendy one to think about (and legit in my experience). That's the next way I type someone, I've gotten a pretty good feel for how interaction (as an Ignoring type) with another Ignoring type versus a more compatible Connecting type feels.

Also, I don't think Gulenko's descriptions are very good- the Vera Boriseva ones make a lot more sense to me. The quotes on top of each subtype sum it up well.
    Thanks. That's a pretty neat way of thinking about it.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simplylee View Post
    I don't agree with the height thing. People of any height can be any subtype.
    But the way you explain C and N interaction makes so much sense to me. And now because yor explanation, I can see why H and C pair as duals, and N and D pair as duals.
    I think it's the other way around. Tall D-sub can become H due to disabillities or mental health issues, but Short people won't become D subs, at least in the way that I see them. In the end, we can all define things how we want
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by on a peaceful hiatus View Post
    I think it's the other way around. Tall D-sub can become H due to disabillities or mental health issues, but Short people won't become D subs, at least in the way that I see them. In the end, we can all define things how we want
    Interesting that you have this notion. Because I think there is no relationship whatsoever between height and subtypes.
    Short dominants, Tall harmonisers, they all exist naturally, because why not?