Thread: Attacks on the Point of Least Resistance (PoLR)

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    That's very true, normally I just treat most people as shallow acquaintances since it is pretty hard to establish close relationships.
    If you already have some close relationships then that's great! You're set then, right? You can work on deepening those until you're completely comfortable and would trust them with your life, IMO. Is there anything that's holding you back still?

Feel free to get into more detail. I am a female SLE, who is possibly older and likely more experienced with emotions than you because of it, and want to help. It can be difficult for guys (I'm assuming you are one?) to feel close to other people as easily as girls can, especially, in our culture.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    If you already have some close relationships then that's great! You're set then, right? You can work on deepening those until you're completely comfortable and would trust them with your life, IMO. Is there anything that's holding you back still?

Feel free to get into more detail. I am a female SLE, who is possibly older and likely more experienced with emotions than you because of it, and want to help. It can be difficult for guys (I'm assuming you are one?) to feel close to other people as easily as girls can, especially, in our culture.
    Thank you! I'm actually female as well haha. Right now I don't really have those, in school it's just two slightly closer friends (EIE and LSI most likely) but we aren't as close as the friends I used to have. My current closest friend is online, eeeeek. What do you think about online friends?

What's holding me back is 1) EIE is from another class, we can't interact often, it won't benefit much and 2) with LSI we usually talk about less emotional stuff. It's not as easy to emotionally open up, since she doesn't as well.
    Hmm... in girl culture it can be hard to fit in, sometimes. What are some of your experiences?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! I'm actually female as well haha. Right now I don't really have those, in school it's just two slightly closer friends (EIE and LSI most likely) but we aren't as close as the friends I used to have. My current closest friend is online, eeeeek. What do you think about online friends?

What's holding me back is 1) EIE is from another class, we can't interact often, it won't benefit much and 2) with LSI we usually talk about less emotional stuff. It's not as easy to emotionally open up, since she doesn't as well.
    Hmm... in girl culture it can be hard to fit in, sometimes. What are some of your experiences?
    Is there anyone who you feel like you could turn to in times of need or stress really, such as family members?

Personally I think I would not be able to be completely fulfilled if I only had close friends online, but then again I am probably slightly older than you at least, which is light years in internet time.

I agree that it can be hard to fit in as a girl with Fi polr lol.

Also, personally, I have not had any very close long term friendships with EIEs or LSIs. My closest friends are SEE, LIE, IEI, ILE, ILI, SLE, maybe LII and SEI kind of. I have been close to EIEs and LSIs at times but it hasn't been terribly consistent. For some reason with those two types I always remain distant in a way even if we "get" each other and feel close when we do interact.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anyone who you feel like you could turn to in times of need or stress really, such as family members?

Personally I think I would not be able to be completely fulfilled if I only had close friends online, but then again I am probably slightly older than you at least, which is light years in internet time.

I agree that it can be hard to fit in as a girl with Fi polr lol.

Also, personally, I have not had any very close long term friendships with EIEs or LSIs. My closest friends are SEE, LIE, IEI, ILE, ILI, SLE, maybe LII and SEI kind of. I have been close to EIEs and LSIs at times but it hasn't been terribly consistent. For some reason with those two types I always remain distant in a way even if we "get" each other and feel close when we do interact.
    Well, sometimes it's my mum, but she doesn't seem to understand much, so I'm not exactly comfortable talking about it. Good for emotional comfort, though it comes with the price of her asking what's wrong. Usually I just vent somewhere and try to think of solutions with my friends.

I see. What's your age? I bet you're almost twice of mine

Interesting, I feel the same way. We can understand each other well, but there's not really a "flow", if you get what I mean. I normally have flows with Ixxps, especially the Fe valuing ones. But unfortunately I lost some of those friends. shrugs

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, sometimes it's my mum, but she doesn't seem to understand much, so I'm not exactly comfortable talking about it. Good for emotional comfort, though it comes with the price of her asking what's wrong. Usually I just vent somewhere and try to think of solutions with my friends.

I see. What's your age? I bet you're almost twice of mine

Interesting, I feel the same way. We can understand each other well, but there's not really a "flow", if you get what I mean. I normally have flows with Ixxps, especially the Fe valuing ones. But unfortunately I lost some of those friends. shrugs
    I absolutely don't feel any (or much, to constitute turning to them for support of any kind) emotional solidarity with my family members. If you can say "sometimes" to your mom, then I'm guessing you have a somewhat more solid foundation with your Fi intrinsically, compared to me actually.

I'm in my mid 20s.

It might be worth thinking about what exactly you're looking for or need from people, or what specific behaviors from people make you feel insecure about your relationship with them, in any case. Just an idea for starting the brainstorming process.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely don't feel any (or much, to constitute turning to them for support of any kind) emotional solidarity with my family members. If you can say "sometimes" to your mom, then I'm guessing you have a somewhat more solid foundation with your Fi intrinsically, compared to me actually.

I'm in my mid 20s.

It might be worth thinking about what exactly you're looking for or need from people, or what specific behaviors from people make you feel insecure about your relationship with them, in any case. Just an idea for starting the brainstorming process.
    Ah, upbringing influences it a little as well I'd say. Yep, I tried to start noticing what helps me emotionally and what doesn't, to eliminate some of my "polr hits" xD But I don't think I did it intentionally here. I just saw my mum as a good source of comfort.

Guessed it! You're almost twice my age.

I think I know that, answering questionnaires and learning about Socionics pretty much developed my self awareness haha. I talked about that in my type me thread a little, basically uncertainty in relationships and where I stand with them can cause quite a bit of insecurity, especially when the person doesn't show anything that I can deduce.