Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attacks on the Point of Least Resistance (PoLR)

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I wish that's all they were.
    Exactly what objective evidence makes you think they’re more than that? When it comes to you and your Se Polr.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Exactly what objective evidence makes you think they’re more than that? When it comes to you and your Se Polr.
    All I have is past memories and regrets of moments where I should have done something and didn't, could I protect myself, maybe maybe not, will I though? Looking at past habits I hate to say I might not again, and I used to not know wtf was wrong with me. I used to feel like the piece of people that makes them fight back I didn't get when I was born.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    All I have is past memories and regrets of moments where I should have done something and didn't, could I protect myself, maybe maybe not, will I though? Looking at past habits I hate to say I might not again, and I used to not know wtf was wrong with me. I used to feel like the piece of people that makes them fight back I didn't get when I was born.
    Did this result in any serious permanent injuries though?

And do you have any memories of situations where you were unable to protect others?

I’m gonna go ahead and guess no.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think people tank for people in different ways. You can protect somebody more physically 'in there here and now' Se way, the way a street smart ESTp male does it (wipes the drool out the side of his mouth) or u can protect somebody's dignity or reputation from afar. You don't really have to be a Se person to make a contribution in this way.

LIIs make good priests and mages. Don't try to be a Warrior class when your Se polr won't let you. <3

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that I am either Ne PoLR, Si PoLR, or even Fi PoLR.

How I Relate To Ne PoLR:
    I can be incredibly black-and-white in my thinking. I tend to think that "there is the one right way" that life should be lived and tasks should be completed. I have unchanging moral opinions, and sometimes it can even take a while for facts to change my mind. That being said, listening to facts is important.

I used to have trouble with adjusting from school to summer when I was younger. Life could have handed me a PoLR hit.

How I Relate To Si PoLR:
    I may overemphasize and try to get better at Si PoLR. I may overfocus on details. That being said, I am not the best person at relaxing, even though I try to be orderly.

How I Might Be Fi PoLR:
    I used to struggle with social skills and relations for years. I used to be bad at reading people and relating to them. That being said, I have very strong and rigid morals. I can sometimes be morally self-righteous.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have that same sort of "I don't know what I'm capable of physically" thing, but my attitude towards it is that it sucks I would be in a situation where I would have to do this, because I feel no real passion towards it and it's annoying people can't control themselves and/or would be so base, and less like I want to do it but just can't.

I used to wrestle people as a kid/teenager, play football, do fake boxing matches, etc. but whenever I have to deal with someone who is using bullheadedness to get their way, I have zero idea of what to do. A lot of it is more fear of public censure than it is fear of the fight itself.

As far as protection, there was one time my friend stole a guy who was crowdsurfing's shoe and the dude came after my friend. I didn't get involved, I just kinda watched while my friends beat the shit out of the shoeless guy.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Polr is an IE you're very self conscious about. You may obsess with it, but you'll never be great at it (I'm not considering practice. With practice you can do everything). You also DON'T enjoy getting involved with it. It's not like accomplishing something in it's field gives you happiness. You just try to avoid damage in that field. You'll probably involve in it just to avoid criticism and similar stuff.
    You may avoid getting shit done in it's domain, but you'll still feel the mental pain of knowing you're piling up problems because of your deficit.
    Also, polr hits example may all sound relatable. You may feel sadness with those sentences. But a polr hit is not just sadness or rage. It may make you feel like your head is exploding, and you may feel TRUE DESPERATION.

A Fe polr may for example attempt faking a smile sometimes, if it's evident that others expect it, but won't feel any satisfaction in getting involved in the improvement of the emotional atmosphere. It will feel cringy, fake and painful. Most of the time a Fe polr will fail noticing such stuff, and will get criticized.
    Polr hit example: "Why are you so serious? Laugh more! Tell us something at least". Every type can be told similar stuff, especially introverts. But they wouldn't feel bad as much as a Fe polr.

A Se polr may fake being decisive in character. But when there are no unfamiliar people around they'll be the softest people. Very live and let live kind of people. They hate every form of pressure. They may for example force themselves to answer to offenses, but never take pleasure in the adrenaline of battle. For them it's just stressful to get exposed to the harshness of society.
    "I don't think you'd be able to do better than him. He's way more decisive and active. But you're soft and very nice so just keep doing your thing."

A Ne polr may fake being open minded and flexible. They just want to stick to their favorite course of action and see no point in looking for fancy alternatives. Very no nonsense people. They may even get involved in silly humor and conversations and they'll try to fit in the situation, but they'll feel very uncomfortable.
    "Oh you're working with this method since 2010? It makes no sense. Why would you need to do it like this? Look, my way is way better. Come on, your way makes absolutely no sense."

A Te polr may fake being efficient and effective. They may feel very incapable of accomplishing goals and finishing tasks but since they're so self conscious about it they'll try avoiding the situations, or may not talk about them. They easily take offense even if other people try to give them tips on the stuff they're struggling at, especially if it's work related.
    "What? You're still jobless? You failed your exams too? Jeez. You have to be consistent. Your poor life choices really make no sense to me, no offense."
    Good write up.. can you do the rest of the polr?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12