Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI-INFp profile by Gilligan

Esenin
    IEI, INFp

Ego

Primary Introverted Intuition - Personal Analysis of Conceptual Properties - Perception of Development
    Aware, Invested, Accessible, Receptive

Esenin is constantly monitoring the progression of time and the consequences of his actions. He formulates models of observations in his head about how people react to his various emotions, storing them for use in social situations. Not infrequently is he caught daydreaming about the possibilities of his future, and what life has in store for him. He accepts the flow of time as it is, often fascinated by the perceptions of sequential occurance that occur to him by the careful study of consequence.

Secondary Extroverted Ethics - Universal Analysis of Relational Properties - Judgment of Ethics
    Aware, Invested, Accessible, Unreceptive

For Esenin, the emotional atmosphere around him is one of malleability and potential. He always seeks to produce the maximum level of comfort in communication, regardless of the cost to himself. This often results in his taking on the role of a counselor to his friends and loved ones. However, attempts of others to comfort him in times of distress are often ill-received, as he feels that his emotions are his own responsibility.

Super-Ego

Tertiary Introverted Sensation - Personal Analysis of Physical/Volitional Properties - Perception of Sensations
    Aware, Uninvested, Inaccessible, Receptive

Esenin is hyper-aware of the sensations conferred upon him by his environment, and, as such, is both easily slaked in his quest for comfort, as well as easily perturbed from his ideal state. He is attentive to matters of style, as he believes that they reflect upon his status. However, when he experiences internal discomfort, either mental or physical, he is often caught unprepared, and feels helpless to improve his situation. As such, he is prone to think of matters of health as secondary.

Quarternary Extraverted Logic - Universal Analysis of Logical Properties - Judgment of Efficiency

Aware, Uninvested, Inaccessible, Unreceptive

Esenin always likes to take his time. He judges his methods not by their efficiency, but by the satisfaction they afford him along the way to the production of an outcome. He is not readily able to come up with a more efficient way of completing a task, even if it specifically requested of him. He frequently requires advice in this area, but is loath to seek it out, because he would rather do things "his way."

Super-Id

Quinary Extraverted Sensation - Universal Analysis of Physical/Volitional Properties - Perception of Power
    Unaware, Invested, Inaccessible, Receptive

While Esenin is not usually found at the helm of a social clique, his influence inside it cannot be overestimated. He makes a habit of ingratiating himself with those in positions of power, although he is often completely unaware that his behavior consistently produces this effect. He readily accepts advice concerning will power, and appreciates the initiative of others in helping realize his ideals for the world around him.

Senary Introverted Logic - Personal Analysis of Logical Properties - Judgement of Structure
    Unaware, Invested, Inaccessible, Unreceptive

Esenin greatly values the ability of others to analyze a system logically. Deep down, he craves understanding of a higher order, but is not always able to provide the method for it by himself. While he tends to disregard comlete explanations and detailed analyses that are presented to him, he longs for someone to provide for him a mechanism by which he can acheive his own understanding.

Id

Septenary Extraverted Intuition - Universal Analysis of Conceptual Properties - Perception of Possibilities

Unaware, Uninvested, Accessible, Receptive

Esenin has a storehouse of ideas and connections made subconsciously that only make themselves known when called upon by others. He has very realistic ideas about the talents of others, but has a tendency to be overly critical of his own abilities, often overlooking his own potential in various areas. If depressed or antagonized, he can even become dismal, lacking faith in his own uniqueness of character, and merely hoping to do the minimum to avoid falling in with the status quo.

Octonary Introverted Ethics - Personal Analysis of Relational Properties - Judgment of Intimacy
    Unaware, Uninvested, Accessible, Unreceptive

Often seeming to harbor overly romantic or unrealistic expectations of what relationships should be like, Esenin's true interpretations of relations are only ever understood by those who become involved with him. He is confident in how he wants relations to be conducted, and dislikes anyone telling him how to treat or behave around a partner.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very nice description of INFp, I like how you broke down all the different sections of Ego, Super-Ego, Super-Id and Id functions for the type. This was very helpful to a socionics n00b such as myself

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to be of service

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very accurate description, in my experience w/INFps.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it a very insightful and accurate description, especially this point:

However, attempts of others to comfort him in times of distress are often ill-received, as he feels that his emotions are his own responsibility.
    This is something I had observed but not quite realized.

The one bit I don't think I quite agree with is the Id.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    The one bit I don't think I quite agree with is the Id.
    Yeah, I struggled with that a bit as well. These descriptions are all works in progress ATM, and I don't think I'll be fully satisfied with the fine tunings for a while.

The one part of this particular description that I was rather proud of was the PoLR; I thought it was a bit more of an objective way of looking at it, at least as opposed to how PoLR is traditionally conceived.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: IEI Gilligan)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Quarternary Extraverted Logic - Universal Analysis of Logical Properties - Judgment of Efficiency

Aware, Uninvested, Inaccessible, Unreceptive

Esenin always likes to take his time. He judges his methods not by their efficiency, but by the satisfaction they afford him along the way to the production of an outcome. He is not readily able to come up with a more efficient way of completing a task, even if it specifically requested of him. He frequently requires advice in this area, but is loath to seek it out, because he would rather do things "his way."
    OMFG!!!!! This is SOOOOOOOOOO true for me!!!! No, I lie, it's not just true, it's true squared, no,no,no,no, true to the N-th power!!!!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helps to be able to see both sides of the equations. "Weak" functions are really just functions whose use is not within the accepted norm; it's not a question of impairment, but rather perception. This sounds WAAYY too PC for my taste, but I actually find it rather true.

Under cerulean skies...