Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: LIEs and mistyping

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    ILI-C 5w4 so/sp
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default LIEs and mistyping

    Since ILEs and LIEs both have 4D Ne and Te with 1D Si and Fi, I imagine their superficial characteristics could resemble each other rather closely. However, the valued functions are even different; even then, were there any LIEs that had trouble deciding on their type / thought they were Ne bases rather than Ni-creatives?

  2. #2
    enmity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4 LEVF
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I still think you are ILE. No LIE would have that much trouble picking their type.

  3. #3
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    Bitch
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enmity View Post
    I still think you are ILE. No LIE would have that much trouble picking their type.
    No.

  4. #4
    khcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,871
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anthony Fauci - ESFP - Napoleon


  5. #5
    enmity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4 LEVF
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    No.
    Whatever you say drama queen

  6. #6
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    Bitch
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enmity View Post
    Whatever you say drama queen
    oop not an ad hom

  7. #7
    enmity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4 LEVF
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    oop not an ad hom
    No argument. No substance. No need to pretend to have civil discourse.

  8. #8
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    Bitch
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enmity View Post
    No argument. No substance. No need to pretend to have civil discourse.
    Well if you want an argument - it would make sense for a 4D Te/1D Fi type to have trouble finding their type. Not only that, but having trouble picking a type can be down to mostly non type related factors - eg. Disorders, Gender Dysphoria, Stress, Addiction etc.

  9. #9
    Frddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Livonian order
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think at the end it will depend on the stereotype you want to follow. If the ENTx is more comfortable with the goofy nerd stereotype then he goes with ENTp and if he prefers the alpha male business owner with a touch of sociopathy then ENTj. That's the thing with both types, their descriptions are so generic you're forced to choose between stereotypes.

  10. #10
    Making peace.
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Stereotypes are not capable of informing you of your type, because stereotypes are behavioral but types are not behaviorist. Type is based off of cognitive thought processes and your type can only be determined either by an expert at psychoanalysis, AI Prototyper, or yourself if you're self-aware and insightful enough. And not only that but the stereotypes are often wrong: ENTj is Hashirama from Naruto, not Blake from Glengarry Glen-Ross, which is more like ESTj.
    Socionics is not behaviorist!

    "This is the bizarre thing about being a superhero — you've even got to save the bad guys." -- Captain Planet.

  11. #11
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ips and Ejs do have difficulty viewing themselves objectively; they seem to need to get these perspectives from others because their own are rather myopic, but in order to accept such opinions, they have to trust someone implicitly, which can be a showstopper especially for Ips.......

    a.k.a. I/O

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    TIM
    LIE
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it is very easy

    one by polr/suggestive tell an ILE how you feel about something, he won't care or be upset about an polr hit, tell an LIE and he will probably be interested in this kind of information
    Quadra values and romantic behavior are also a good indicator; ILE are very goofy and childlike care more about short term and like to indulge in Si matters, they are not very much into fighting and are usually 'killing by word' as described for the alpha quadra. Also Alpha NTs are hard researchers more into Natural Sciences that don't have reallife application. Going deep into Ti concepts just for the sake of it while Gamma NTs as light researchers will most likely try to achieve some real world gain with their knowledge and will ponder topics closer to application and reality.
    LIEs will be more focused on their future and try to imbet their program/plans (EJ) temperament, while ILEs are a lot more easy going, not really focusing on the one best way possible but keeping options open, regarding single options by potential instead of a pathway to their goal.

    The business non business stuff is more likely instincts and Short term low investment Alpha vs long term high investment Gamma, but also merry/serious divide which seems to be more determining for the way of acting/working instead of the environment to find them in ime.

  13. #13
    Frddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Livonian order
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SocietyOTLittleFlower View Post
    Stereotypes are not capable of informing you of your type, because stereotypes are behavioral but types are not behaviorist. Type is based off of cognitive thought processes and your type can only be determined either by an expert at psychoanalysis, AI Prototyper, or yourself if you're self-aware and insightful enough. And not only that but the stereotypes are often wrong: ENTj is Hashirama from Naruto, not Blake from Glengarry Glen-Ross, which is more like ESTj.
    I was talking more about insufficient type descriptions than about how to seriously type yourself.

  14. #14
    Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI Ti E6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Honestly they look very different. LIE exerts more force to solve their problems, and ILE solves problems more indirectly. ILE tends to come off as consistently stern, impersonal, and professional, while ILE tends to create a more fun atmosphere. LIE values conscious 4D Te, so LIE respects established external logic (laws, policies, etc.) LIE devalues 4D unconscious Ne, so they downplay it and ultimately work it down into an introverted vision if what they want. In contrast, ILE devalues unconscious 4D Te, so they tend to downplay the external logic in favor of Ne and Ti.

  15. #15
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    TIM
    LIE-H sp/sx
    Posts
    4,370
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't seen much confusion in people trying to decide between the two types. I say "haven't seen it much" because I have seen it once on this forum back in the day.

    I personally never considered base Ne for myself, though I have considered all the Ni egos seriously (barring IEI).


  16. #16
    Chillaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    Entj-Ni 8w9 So/Sp
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see feeling this way. Probably an Ni sub. I was kinda torn for a while , especially after coming from MBTI and believed that I was an ILE. A lot of the stereo types can suit you.
    Last edited by Chillaxe; 04-09-2020 at 06:37 AM.

  17. #17
    sullutac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Ips and Ejs do have difficulty viewing themselves objectively; they seem to need to get these perspectives from others because their own are rather myopic, but in order to accept such opinions, they have to trust someone implicitly, which can be a showstopper especially for Ips.......

    a.k.a. I/O
    i have problems viewing myself objectively but im pretty sure im Ep. couldnt this also be an extroverted thing, an Fi polr thing, or just an everyone thing?

  18. #18
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sullutac View Post
    i have problems viewing myself objectively but im pretty sure im Ep. couldnt this also be an extroverted thing, an Fi polr thing, or just an everyone thing?
    Eps and Ijs generally look at everything objectively including themselves and their behaviour. Now Eps have been known to not give that much priority to thinking about themselves and why they do the things they do; they're usually too interested in seeing what's around the next bend. However, when it becomes serious or important enough for them, they can be very good at self-analysis - at least the ones that I've known....

    a.k.a. I/O

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •