Thread: Please type me based on my answers to the 40q questionnaire

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please type me based on my answers to the 40q questionnaire

I think I belong to the Gamma quadra but that's it.

Te:

1. How do you work? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters that determine whether you can do work or not? What are they?

I wouldn’t say there’s a conspicuous approach to how I work. From my perspective, work is a means of survival and sustainability in adulthood. It can often be in confluence with your passions or hobbies in which case it can be quite fulfilling because you’re doing something you enjoy while also obtaining the resources which you can then spend on other sources of enjoyment. However, it is primarily a necessity and that’s why people go to work. Of course, there are exceptions but those are reserved for the especially privileged. Obviously there are parameters to determine whether you’re fit for the work, from hard qualifications to soft skills.

2. How do you determine the quality of work? How do you determine the quality of a purchase? Do you pay any attention to it?

I determine the quality of work primarily by the result. If it produces valuable output, especially of a sustainable nature in the sense that it’s not some temporary solution or quick fix you stumbled on. I would say I determine the quality of a purchase by a combination of its subjective value to me and the price in the context of other similar products. Something that is also important is how long can I use the product for and whether that’s proportional to the price. When purchasing games, for instance, I am more drawn towards those that I can keep playing even after finishing the main story mode or the like. I don’t pay as much conscious attention to assessing the quality of a purchase as I’d like to. I’ve been quite wasteful and careless with my purchases in quite a few instances. Mostly because I have a tendency to trial and error. I can also give in easily to my temptations and impulses.

3. There is a professional next to you. How do you know they are a professional? How do you evaluate their skill?

Maybe I know about their qualifications, maybe I observed something about the attire which indicated that, maybe they literally just said it. Strange question. I suppose I would evaluate their skill by considering their achievements and qualifications, the type of work they have done in the past and the experience they’ve accumulated. There are lots of ways. The fact that they’re a professional in the first place should be indicative of their skill unless you’re skeptical about the system.

4. If you struggle to do something, how do you fix that? Do you know if your performance is better or worse than others?

Well, my first thought would be that I’m lacking something, whether it is a skill or a resource. So I’d either educate myself on that area or consult someone more qualified than me for guidance. Alternatively, I don’t have any particular interest in performing that task and my struggle to do it is reflective of my lack of motivation. There are many ways to know if you’re doing a better or worse job than others. The most obvious one is comparing the results. Another is the ease or fluidity with which you’re performing the task. If you constantly encounter obstacles and have to deal with minor challenges while the other person is working like a steady and uninterrupted stream, it is likely that they’re better at that specific task. Then there are various objective parameters like grades and marks.

5. How do you measure the success of a job? What standard do you use? Do you pay attention to it? When should you deviate from this standard?

If it fulfills you. That is my primary concern, at least. Of course within that there are your usual factors such as salary, benefits, work/life balance, growth opportunities, etc. Essentially, if working in that job contributes to making you feel good about your life. I don't emphatically pay attention to any particular standard, I'm just aware of it. It's self-evident. I suppose the deviating bit is referring to people who think only getting rich means you have a successful job and ignore how it actually makes you feel and the quality of life?

Ti:

1. What is a whole? Can you identify its parts? Are the parts equivalent to the whole?

A whole is the entirety of an entity. A domain that incorporates every aspect or feature. The universal set. You can identify its parts by their similarity to the whole. The parts can be fundamentally equivalent to the whole in that they convey the same kind of information.

2. What does “logical” mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view? How do you know you are being logical?

Logical to me is basically having the most rational interpretation of an event. Formally, it’s an adherence to the rules of logic with the propositions and inferences, ANDs and ORs, etc. I think the common view of logic is simply oriented around what makes sense or in some cases, what’s the most efficient way to resolve a situation. It is more about your actions being motivated by clear and valid reasons. I haven’t ever thought about how I know I’m being logical because that’s what I am all the time.

3. What is hierarchy? Give examples of hierarchies. Do you need to follow it? Why or why not? Explain how hierarchy is used in a system you are familiar with.

A hierarchy is essentially a pyramid or tier used for ranking people or objects according to criteria such as importance or influence. Any corporate ladder is a good example. There isn’t really a need to follow it, it’s just one of those systems that arise naturally and inevitably. Society innit.

4. What is classification? How does classification work? Why is it needed and where is it applied? Give examples.

Classification is a way of separating things by groups in a way that each group represents some common characteristic or feature, and assigning labels to them. Classification works because we don’t live in an entirely random world where everything is totally unique. We are also naturally inclined to look for similarities. So it’s an inherent concept, unfortunately it can be easily misused for nefarious purposes. It’s needed for facilitating our understanding of the world and the things that occupy it. It can be applied literally anywhere. You can start by observing things in your room and grouping them according to any attribute.

5. Are your ideas consistent? How do you know they are consistent? How do you spot inconsistency in others’ ideas?

I guess so, I try not to be a hypocrite.

Se:

1. Can you press people? What methods do you use? How does it happen?

Yes, I can be quite persistent when I want. Occasionally I have to make sure that I’m not overdoing it to the point of discouraging that person entirely, although perhaps that’s just my anxiety. Most often, I get people to do something by talking about how it could lead to a beneficial situation or just the reasons behind it. Do not rely on me to make an emotional and inspiring speech, or convince people using the raw passion in my words or whatever.

2. How do you get what you want? What do you do if you have to work to get what you want?

If it involves another person, I'll make them see how they can benefit from the situation. If it doesn't... I just get it? If it's worth the effort, I'm willing to put in the work.

3. How do you deal with opposition? What methods do you use to defend your interests?

By defending and explaining my viewpoint while also considering theirs, although perhaps not to the same degree. To be honest, at times I’m even thrilled at the prospect of encountering opposition and treating it as an opportunity to strengthen my own perspective. I don’t use any particular methods, it depends on the situation. I generally just stand my ground.

4. When do you think it’s ok to occupy someone’s space? Do you recognize it?

Maybe when you have some sort of agreement with that person because of the strength of your relationship, and even that's kind of risky. Although there are times when perhaps they themselves are not equipped to deal with a certain predicament and that entails intervention. You just have to be sensitive to the right place and the right moment.

5. Do others think you are a strong-willed person? Do you think you have a strong will?

I don’t know, maybe not. I’m not seen as an assertive person and I agree with that. But I can be strong-willed about things that I’m really invested in, such as my goals, interests, and opinions.

Si:

1. How do you satisfy your physical senses? What examples can you give? What physical experiences are you drawn to?

I don’t pay much attention to satisfying my physical senses. I know what kind of stuff pleases or displeases me but that’s it. For instance, being drawn to a certain type of food. I don’t know if this is relevant but I always have a difficult time with recognising my favourites, other than colour perhaps. I mentioned a tier list before and that’s how I tend to see my favourites. When someone asks me what my favourite film is, I’m inclined to instead mention a genre or a filmmaker because he’s directed multiple films I liked. I’m drawn to hot showers and cold winds, notably.

2. How do you find harmony with your environment? How do you build a harmonious environment? What happens if this harmony is disturbed?

I am in harmony with environments occupied by things I value or activities I enjoy, like a football stadium or a theater. I build a harmonious environment by surrounding myself with objects of interest.

3. What does comfort mean to you? How do you create it?

Comfort to me is feeling completely at ease with myself. No shackles, complete liberty to do whatever I want. The absence of discomfiting aspects.

4. How do you express yourself in your hobbies? How do you engage yourself with those things?

My hobbies are an expression of myself.

5. Tell us how you’d design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself, or trust someone else to do it? Why?

I’ll give some instructions to anyone who actually does this professionally.

Fe:

1. Is it acceptable to express emotions in public? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.

Sure. It’s unacceptable if it’s inappropriate or perhaps incongruent with the atmosphere. A classic example of inappropriate expression of emotion is laughing at a funeral.

2. How do you express your emotions? Can you tell how your expressions affect others in a positive or negative way?

I’m not expressive at all. I can be quite monotonous and impassive, with a perennial poker face. Most of my efforts to emote in public feel forced. I guess my deficiency of expression can affect some people in a negative way because they think I’m in a bad mood or angry. I’ve been told I look mean and intimidating in my photos when I’m just assuming a neutral expression. I can be quite careful with my words so that I'm conveying the appropriate emotions or feelings. For instance, I understand how using a certain phrase in an argument could lead to further conflict while simply changing a few words could help make them see your point. I know what the trigger words are.

3. Are you able to change your demeanor in order to interact with your environment in a more or less suitable way? How do you determine what is suitable?

Yes, at least I try to. I determine what is suitable by observing other people in that situation and having a general idea of how people are expected to behave. This can often lead me to being even more rigid and reticent than usual because I’m primarily acting on basically a textbook understanding of how to behave in that situation, so I struggle to let loose for fear of possibly offending someone or committing a faux pas. I don’t feel comfortable thinking outside the box in social situations so I'm just minimising my personality.

4. In what situations do you feel others’ feelings? Can you give examples of when you wanted to improve the mood of others?

I guess when I resonate with what they're going through. I don't really tend to improve the mood of others. I'm pretty bad at it anyway.

5. How do others’ emotions affect you? How does your internal emotional state correlate or contrast with what you express?

I tend not to get swayed by emotions and I can tell when someone is trying to deliberately alter my emotional state or get me to feel a certain way.

Fi:

1. How can you tell how much emotional space there is between yourself and others? How can you affect this space?

Like I said earlier, by the strength of the relationship. How well we know each other, how our interactions are, etc. I know when someone is my friend and when someone is just an acquaintance. I don’t try to affect this space, in fact, I am quite passive when it comes to taking the initiative in building relationships. I prefer to let them develop organically.

2. How do you determine how much you like or dislike someone else? How does this affect your relationships?

I don’t have a way of determining it, I just know it and that’s good enough. It’s not like I conduct some thorough quantitative analysis.

3. How do you move from a distant relationship to a close one? What are the distinguishing characteristics of a close relationship?

As I said previously, I tend not to take the initiative in these situations so I wouldn’t know. I think the most distinguishing feature of a close relationship is understanding and the fluidity in communication it brings.

4. How do you know that you are a moral person? where do you draw your morality from? Do you believe others should share your beliefs on what’s moral? Why?

I think you know it intrinsically. Of course, there are lots of external indicators of morality but you have a personal sense of it as well. I'm not sure I would consider it morality though. It's more of a sense of internal congruity. If I do something immoral, I'll experience this strange, discordant feeling. I'm not particularly concerned about morality in the sense that I'm constantly evaluating reality through such a prism but I recognise my internal morality in situations where it plays a significant role. For the most part, I don't get fussy about whether others share my beliefs on morality but I can get quite angry when I feel they're doing something that I consider to be wrong.

5. Someone you care about is acting distant to you. How do you know when this attitude is a reflection of your relationship?

Well, if the person is acting distant specifically towards me or in a way that seems to be directed towards me, it is probably a reflection of our relationship at the moment. I will try to understand what I might have done to bring about this change in attitude or whether the person changed their opinion about me for some reason. In both cases, I'll look towards our recent interactions and developments to understand what went wrong. From another perspective, they could be acting distant simply because they're upset about something in their life and they need to spend some time alone. There could be various reasons, really.

Ne:

1. How can you tell someone has the potential to be a successful person? What qualities make a successful person and why?

In my experience, the biggest sign of a successful person is their willingness to get involved and get things done. People who make the most of their time and fill it with useful and productive activities. People who seem to have a clear idea of what they want and how to get there. They have a certain drive or energy that others do not.

2. Where would you start when looking for a new hobby? How do you find new opportunities and how do you choose which would be best?

I’ll look for something that’s somewhat congruent with my current set of hobbies and which can also have a beneficial effect on the quality of my life. If I’m going to deliberately look for a hobby, I would like it to be something that contributes to my personal development.

3. How do you interpret the following statement: “Ideas don’t need to be feasible in order to be worthwhile.” Do you agree or disagree, and why?

I don’t have a strong opinion. In casual or relaxed situations I guess it’s fun to come up with ideas but if they’re not realistic, they’re rather pointless.

4. Describe your thought process when relating the following ideas: swimming, chicken, sciences. Do you think that others would draw the same or different connections?

The first thing I thought of was Breaking Bad. Or at least the first coherent thing. Swimming relates to the use of the swimming pool in the show in some important scenes, particularly one towards the end. Chicken obviously relates to Los Pollos Hermanos. Sciences to the protagonist being a chemistry teacher. As for others drawing the same connections, well, that already rules out the crowd that hasn't watched at least the first three seasons of the show and even then, it's quite improbable that they will arrive at the exact connections.

5. How would you summarize the qualities that are essential to who you are? What kind of potential in you has yet to be actualized and why?

I don’t know how to summarise them. I feel like a chaotic assemblage.

Ni:

1. How do people change? Can you describe how various events change people? Can others see those changes?

Change is everywhere. It's not just people, but also the objects around you, circumstances, trends, culture, etc. A continual, dynamic worldwide shift that is mental, psychological and physical. People are changing all the time. They acquire new perspectives, experience new situations, suffer setbacks, witness significant events, question their life, etc. Ironically, as people change, they also develop a stronger grip on who they really are, at least in most cases. Events that directly change people are those that make them question life as they'd known it until that point. Others can see these changes in people if they know them quite well.

2. How do you feel and experience time? Can time be wasted? How?

I'm feeling and experiencing all the time. Even now as I write this questionnaire, I'm having intermittent thoughts about how much time it's going to take, whether this is the optimal way to spend my time at the moment, what should I do next, how I should organise my time throughout the day, etc. You could even say I'm obsessed with it. Before writing this questionnaire, I had to make a decision as to whether this was the right time to do the questionnaire and consider the consequent effects of it. Like, whether I would be somehow preoccupied with it throughout the day in a way that will affect the other events I had in mind and push them towards tomorrow. Time can absolutely be wasted. It can be intentional in the sense that you're doing something simply to fill up the time needed for another, probably more important event to occur. The much more common way is, of course, unintentional. I don't have to elaborate on it.

3. Is there anything that cannot be described with words? What is it? If so, how can we understand what it is if language does not work?

There are a lot of things you know on a fundamental level but struggle to describe with words. In this very questionnaire, you will see examples of that. Abstract and primordial concepts. Some things can't be quantified.

4. How do you anticipate events unfolding? How can you observe such unfoldments in your environment?

Well, it just comes naturally. You basically see the consequences of events in sequential order. If A happens, that would cause B to happen, which will affect C in such a way that D will happen.

5. In what situations is timing important? How do you know the time is right to act? How do you feel about waiting for the right moment?

In a variety of situations where the window to act is small or sensitive. I'd like to say I know exactly the right time to act but I'm just really lazy. I'm forever waiting for the right moment. Somehow I do end up acting in, maybe not the right time but definitely an appropriate time.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this questionnaire just shit? I don’t have quite the energy to write my life story at present.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Magic 8-Ball says ILI. So do your answers and so does your avatar picture.

Now you can get down to the business of learning to code, taking short trips with a camera, shopping for a fast car (preferably a BMW), investing in the stock market and, most importantly, going to sex parties (dressed in black with a camera and some weed) to look for hot SEE's.*

Prepare to be amazed.

Actual composite of most of the male ILI's I know.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Now you can get down to the business of learning to code, taking short trips with a camera, shopping for a fast car (preferably a BMW), investing in the stock market and, most importantly, going to sex parties (dressed in black with a camera and some weed) to look for hot SEE's.*

Prepare to be amazed.

where are these sex parties that you speak of?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    where are these sex parties that you speak of?
    whoops.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Prepare to be amazed.

Can you expand a bit on why you think I’m an ILI? Like, exactly how my answers betrayed my cognition.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump