Thread: LSE-ESTjs and their demonstrative Se

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Idk my husband will shop and buy me a pretty dress every so often. He’s into fashion and has great style. I don’t care for clothes. He knows what he likes and dislikes in food. He can stick up for himself and is no pushover, opposite of me.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Idk my husband will shop and buy me a pretty dress every so often. He’s into fashion and has great style. I don’t care for clothes. He knows what he likes and dislikes in food. He can stick up for himself and is no pushover, opposite of me.
    I can see LSEs wanting their mates to dress certain ways and being overly particular about their food; many seem to like possessions, and or to be seen as important and well cared for. I can see EIIs as not overly fussy about style or food but I haven't met one who was a true pushover although they may sometimes feign weakness for effect. Between a self-righteous EII and an angry LSE, I'd give even odds.......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I can see LSEs wanting their mates to dress certain ways and being overly particular about their food; many seem to like possessions, and or to be seen as important and well cared for. I can see EIIs as not overly fussy about style or food but I haven't met one who was a true pushover although they may sometimes feign weakness for effect. Between a self-righteous EII and an angry LSE, I'd give even odds.......

a.k.a. I/O
    You do know how EIIs are unable to say no or resist people if their ethics doesn't flag an issue. And some people can just ignore the ethical protests and then the EII cannot do anything at all.

The ones I've known are very readily obedient and will do everything they are told to do even when that is not in their own interest whatsoever, they'll do it all just because they think the other person has authority. This easily turns into tolerating too much abuse too.

Also, some of them don't seem to be able to discipline even their own kids and believe unconventional theories about how to raise children by allowing them to do everything, yes literally EVERYTHING.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    You do know how EIIs are unable to say no or resist people if their ethics doesn't flag an issue. And some people can just ignore the ethical protests and then the EII cannot do anything at all.

The ones I've known are very readily obedient and will do everything they are told to do even when that is not in their own interest whatsoever, they'll do it all just because they think the other person has authority. This easily turns into tolerating too much abuse too.

Also, some of them don't seem to be able to discipline even their own kids and believe unconventional theories about how to raise children by allowing them to do everything, yes literally EVERYTHING.
    Well, I've met EIIs who were selfish and said "no" more than anything else, and certainly wouldn't let themselves be subjugated; one ran the family like a strict religious order. Altruism has more to do with how one is raised and influenced, and has little to do with type although type can facilitate it given the right set of circumstances. Another possible factor is that all types can be cowed or made obedient or turned into a servant; look at some of the types around the American president....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've met EIIs who were selfish and said "no" more than anything else, and certainly wouldn't let themselves be subjugated; one ran the family like a strict religious order. Altruism has more to do with how one is raised and influenced, and has little to do with type although type can facilitate it given the right set of circumstances. Another possible factor is that all types can be cowed or made obedient or turned into a servant; look at some of the types around the American president....

a.k.a. I/O
    I've not met EIIs like that so far. How did these EIIs achieve that about not getting subjugated when some people really just don't give a rats ass about the moralising? I'm actually curious.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've not met EIIs like that so far. How did these EIIs achieve that about not getting subjugated when some people really just don't give a rats ass about the moralising? I'm actually curious.
    I don't know much of their history. The confident ones seemed to be intelligent and educated well beyond a high-school level, and raised to be independent. Now, I've met educated idiots of all types. Ij-types need to be given a lot of space to grow properly and if they're not given it, they seem to get smothered rather easily. Eps also need significant space but they don't seem to be as easily smothered having a more rebellious nature - but they too can get beaten down by circumstance - like trees that can grow straight and tall, or stunted and twisted depending on their environments......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those EIIs of yours I would type as ESI with the ability to not get totally subjugated and with enough ability for strict discipline. What I talked about has nothing to do with altruism or selfishness or amount of times saying "no". I was speaking of obedience and deference to authority. And about lack of assertiveness in the face of abuse & lack of discipline in terms of how EIIs try to have discipline for themselves sure, but they can't enforce it for others like ESIs can.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

........... I was speaking of obedience and deference to authority. And about lack of assertiveness in the face of abuse & lack of discipline in terms of how EIIs try to have discipline for themselves sure, but they can't enforce it for others like ESIs can.
    All Ijs tend to defer to authorities, regulations and or any other sources of stability - I've seen copies of the four types in enforcement roles. The ESIs that I've worked with tended to threaten by playing psychological games where EIIs seemed to become outright bullies and could tolerate confrontation a lot better than ESIs. EIIs also tended to be closet rebels who occasionally get on soapboxes and let it all hang out while more than a few ESIs seemed to be secretive (perhaps a little more unsure or insecure?), but both types were known to blow gaskets and overreact in some confrontations. In office politics, I'd bet on EIIs because they tended to focus on the big picture and cover all their bases whereas many ESIs often didn't look beyond their noses.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Ijs tend to defer to authorities, regulations and or any other sources of stability - I've seen copies of the four types in enforcement roles. The ESIs that I've worked with tended to threaten by playing psychological games where EIIs seemed to become outright bullies and could tolerate confrontation a lot better than ESIs. EIIs also tended to be closet rebels who occasionally get on soapboxes and let it all hang out while more than a few ESIs seemed to be secretive (perhaps a little more unsure or insecure?), but both types were known to blow gaskets and overreact in some confrontations. In office politics, I'd bet on EIIs because they tended to focus on the big picture and cover all their bases whereas many ESIs often didn't look beyond their noses.....
    As for your first sentence. What do Ejs do instead?

About the EIIs and ESIs you are talking of.... I see ESIs as more realistic and knowing when they can win in a confrontation and when they can't plus they have related material concerns that the EIIs just don't. (Also this hardly equates to ESIs not looking beyond their noses, to me.) I read an article on here, where the EII tried to tell someone else at the workplace what to do while he/she was barely in the position to do so, he/she was just morally indignant enough to talk like that, and ofc the other person really easily rebuffed the EII and didn't follow his/her "order". That's how I experience EIIs in real life too. Unless the other person is open enough to the moralistic tone of theirs to be willing enough to follow it, it doesn't work. I've certainly seen that work on *some* people, though, sure. Also I've seen EIIs break down under enough forceful pressure in a way I've never seen ESI do it. EIIs wanting some things for themselves and their ability to feel envy and selfish needs and such - yes I've seen EIIs have that and I never debated this part - doesn't equate to them being able to do open confrontations effectively. As for the office politics parts, are you sure that wasn't IEIs? They do that sortof thing totally. I don't see how EII would be concerned with finding advantages for themselves like that.

Ps. Yes as you can see, I've spent some time watching Fi types lol (not just them but yeah).

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    It must be so nice to just admit that all willy nilly .