User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hello!

  1. #1

    Default Hello!

    For a while, I've been reviewing a lot of threads on here and today, I decided to make an account so I can have the ability to comment every once in a while (if I so choose to), to lurk (I may do that most of the time), and to learn more about Socionics as a whole (mainly about how functions manifest themselves in certain slot positions and to refine my visual identification skills/to learn more about visual identification).
    Last edited by The Majesty; 10-02-2020 at 12:00 AM. Reason: I wanted to make the font look more legible

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi and welcome! Have fun.
    You don't think the normal font is legible?

  3. #3
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,734
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what is your type?
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

  4. #4
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    8,714
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIE's generally self-identify with only two enneatypes; three and eight.

    ILI's generally self-identify with only two enneatypes; five and one.

    Welcome.

    Do you identify with Peridot, and if so, with which of her qualities?

  5. #5
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    8,714
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I've also heard of/seen posts/threads where they correlate 6w5 with those types, but yeah, I've noticed that too.

    Thanks!

    Also, I partly do, but not entirely. So, one reason I'll give is that in the show, she's said statements that weren't meant to offend others and do so anyways (so the blunt/forward nature). Have you typed the characters in Steven Universe or?
    No, I haven't typed the characters in Steven Universe. In fact, I had never heard of that show until I tracked your avatar picture to it. My questions were just intended to get you to talk more.

    If you don't know your enneagram type or instinct stacking, one way which can help sort them out is to talk to people on this forum. There are some really bad typers here (me, for instance), but there are also some really good ones, and if you exchange enough information, then eventually you will get some opinions on your type.

    As for LIE's being e6's, well, maybe. I don't think I've ever met an LIE whose dominant enneatype is e6, but I haven't really been looking. e6's have lost faith in authority but are still looking for something to believe in. This might have been a stepping stone on my way to becoming an e8 LIE, but it has since been swamped by e8 concerns.

    I believe e6 has a weak correlation to Si, in the sense that a lot of e6's scan the environment for threats against their bodies. LIE duals (ESI's with 4D unvalued Si) seem to come in that flavor, along with e9 and e4 (I've met all three flavors), and I have taken enneagram tests which said I have some e6 (issues), but you have to delve into tri-types to find that. My tri-type is 836.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-27-2020 at 09:37 PM.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    No, I haven't typed the characters in Steven Universe. In fact, I had never heard of that show until I tracked your avatar picture to it. My questions were just intended to get you to talk more.

    If you don't know your enneagram type or instinct stacking, one way which can help sort them out is to talk to people on this forum. There are some really bad typers here (me, for instance), but there are also some really good ones, and if you exchange enough information, then eventually you will get some opinions on your type.

    As for LIE's being e6's, well, maybe. I don't think I've ever met an LIE whose dominant enneatype is e6, but I haven't really been looking. e6's have lost faith in authority but are still looking for something to believe in. This might have been a stepping stone on my way to becoming an e8 LIE, but it has since been swamped by e8 concerns.

    I believe e6 has a weak correlation to Si, in the sense that a lot of e6's scan the environment for threats against their bodies. LIE duals (ESI's with 4D unvalued Si) seem to come in that flavor, along with e9 and e4 (I've met all three flavors), and I have taken enneagram tests which said I have some e6 (issues), but you have to delve into tri-types to find that. My tri-type is 836.
    What enneagram types do LIEs generally correspond to, in your opinion?

  7. #7
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    8,714
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    What enneagram types do LIEs generally correspond to, in your opinion?
    @citronnade, I know a lot of LIE's. Twenty-two or twenty three, at last count. They seem to fall mainly into three instinct types, sx/so, so/sx, and sp/sx.

    Note that none of them are sx-ignoring, which might account for, in conjunction with their low Fi, their famously inappropriate sexual humor.

    I think that the instinct types are not random, but rather transition when going from e8 to e3.

    e8's are mostly sx/so, with some so/sx. e3's have some so/sx, but are more likely to be sp/sx.

    It might be that the fear of being controlled (e8) drives an LIE towards a strong interest in interacting with other people (so), so they can't control the LIE, but rather the LIE controls them. And the showman, the e3, wants to acquire sp things in order to appear more successful and more impressive.* But this hypothesis is just a guess, based on how the LIE's that I know behave. I only know my own e8 sx/so reasons for doing things, not anyone else's.

    Also, please bear in mind that I believe that I'm fairly bad at guessing people's instinct stack. It isn't something I've spent a lot of time thinking about.

    *How this sp-ness manifests itself varies with the e3's target audience. I know an LIE e3 sp/sx professor who drives an average, non-descript car but he has a million-dollar house and the best lab, because those are the things that are seen by his peer group. The car isn't important, but entertaining and his professional standing are.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @citronnade, I know a lot of LIE's. Twenty-two or twenty three, at last count. They seem to fall mainly into three instinct types, sx/so, so/sx, and sp/sx.

    Note that none of them are sx-ignoring, which might account for, in conjunction with their low Fi, their famously inappropriate sexual humor.

    I think that the instinct types are not random, but rather transition when going from e8 to e3.

    e8's are mostly sx/so, with some so/sx. e3's have some so/sx, but are more likely to be sp/sx.

    It might be that the fear of being controlled (e8) drives an LIE towards a strong interest in interacting with other people (so), so they can't control the LIE, but rather the LIE controls them. And the showman, the e3, wants to acquire sp things in order to appear more successful and more impressive.* But this hypothesis is just a guess, based on how the LIE's that I know behave. I only know my own e8 sx/so reasons for doing things, not anyone else's.

    Also, please bear in mind that I believe that I'm fairly bad at guessing people's instinct stack. It isn't something I've spent a lot of time thinking about.

    *How this sp-ness manifests itself varies with the e3's target audience. I know an LIE e3 sp/sx professor who drives an average, non-descript car but he has a million-dollar house and the best lab, because those are the things that are seen by his peer group. The car isn't important, but entertaining and his professional standing are.
    that's funny, most of the LIEs I know/have identified are so/sp.
    a lot of them e3 (then again, a lot of 3s are Soc) one of them has tritype 369 (not sure of the core) (if you "believe" in tritype- there seem to be many people who reject it around here but it's always worked so well for me).
    I imagine the combination of 1D Fi and sx-blind might be a tough one to have!
    thanks for your reply.
    as for the others, i'm not sure.

  9. #9
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,557
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    LIE's generally self-identify with only two enneatypes; three and eight.

    ILI's generally self-identify with only two enneatypes; five and one.
    I think seven is very common for LIEs, especially female LIEs I've noticed are almost all sevens with a few eights here and there. Male LIEs are often eights, sometimes sevens, threes or nines.

    Most, if not all of the if the ILIs I know are fives, personally. I actually have not noticed any others! There isn't a great diversity of enneagram types for ILIs, lol. At least not in my experience...Edit: I can think of a few potential 8s for ILI.
    Last edited by Uncle Ave; 04-04-2020 at 03:43 PM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •