Thread: What have you learned from life ?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Somewhat true and yet not. Corruption wins in an environment that supports it. If you live around people who condone and encourage cheating and abusing others, that's the kind of behavior that becomes the local "good." And in those cases, if you're not willing to participate or play the game everyone else is playing, you'll get excluded even if you're abiding by a higher moral standard. It's all relative to where you are, so there's no absolute justice.
    Ok, and the point being that the “local good” is just that—local. And things do not stay or remain in the same bubble for longer lol. Power is dependent on things moving and changing. It’s possible for those bad intentions to go on for a long time, but there are always consequences, so they don’t last forever. The powerful person may not always fall down and never get back up again, but they will get knocked down and trip up over things. I’ve had a series of rich Te leading bosses who exemplified that shit lol, I am speaking from my experience here.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Ok, and the point being that the “local good” is just that—local. And things do not stay or remain in the same bubble for longer lol. Power is dependent on things moving and changing. It’s possible for those bad intentions to go on for a long time, but there are always consequences, so they don’t last forever. The powerful person may not always fall down and never get back up again, but they will get knocked down and trip up over things. I’ve had a series of rich Te leading bosses who exemplified that shit lol, I am speaking from my experience here.
    Then they get replaced by other bad people with different bad intentions lol

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then they get replaced by other bad people with different bad intentions lol
    Touché lol. I can agree that those who reach for and attain great power do typically (but not always) have bad intentions. But still they’d have to be pure nihilistic sociopaths as kingslayer said otherwise they’d reap the psychological and emotional consequences of it.

Also I think that generally, the “bad” people that we encounter aren’t even typically that bad. It’s normally to do with wanting to hoard a bunch of superficial shit for themselves and sometimes their loved ones, which is based in regular, healthy desires for survival and prosperity of themselves and their own. It’s childish if it goes past an extent, but it’s not like they have urges to torture babies or anything worse like that generally speaking. Granted, it can be very destructive if left unchecked for those who have great power.

Btw @Aramas this is why I see you as ESI. I could see you spanking a capitalist over this stuff.
    Last edited by sbbds; 05-20-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Touché lol. I can agree that those who reach for and attain great power do typically (but not always) have bad intentions. But still they’d have to be pure nihilistic sociopaths as kingslayer said otherwise they’d reap the psychological and emotional consequences of it.

Also I think that generally, the “bad” people that we encounter aren’t even typically that bad. It’s normally to do with wanting to hoard a bunch of superficial shit for themselves and sometimes their loved ones, which is based in regular, healthy desires for survival and prosperity of themselves and their own. It’s childish if it goes past an extent, but it’s not like they have urges to torture babies or anything worse like that generally speaking. Granted, it can be very destructive if left unchecked for those who have great power.

Btw @Aramas this is why I see you as ESI. I could see you spanking a capitalist over this stuff.
    Lol. I knew you would see that as an ESI comment before I posted it. I still don't see myself as ESI though.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I knew you would see that as an ESI comment before I posted it. I still don't see myself as ESI though.
    You saw it through your all-seeing Ni HA eye?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You saw it through your all-seeing Ni HA eye?
    Unfair. Your statement assumes its own veracity. What Ni HA?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfair. Your statement assumes its own veracity. What Ni HA?
    Time will reveal with consequences if it was unfair or not.