Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
No? I think it's pretty accurate, at least when I make my own observations of how people use their strengths in different jobs.
This is becoming a Byzantine discussion and it needn't be.

You said “cooking” involves more than . You shoot down many jobs because they involve more than that IE and now a professions list that has ‘cook’ in it is good? The possibility of being in a standing position for hours in a hot restaurant kitchen does not contradict how you view Si? For many SEIs it’s easier to internalize and implement moderate Thinking in another type of job than going through that hell every day of their lives.

Being a tourist guide too is actually better than the also included ‘teacher’. The latter involves repetitive work and oftentimes being in control of a big group of youngsters. The former is enjoyable, you get to meet new people everyday so things are kept socially light (the SEI way) and you provide them with a good experience (also SEI) while also enjoying the sights, the sun and the wine yourself. How do you pick up the social skills if you aren’t the best at that? The same way a very inspired EIE has to pick up the pedagogy of teaching nonetheless: you go to school. (Gee, even if you’re an informally educated guide, it takes less than an hour to figure out a way to deal with people).
As it is with nutrition: you need to ‘be good’ at the job? This is what is actually taught during the last year of the study plan (at least where I live).

Tallmo, I think the way you’re going about this is a bit off. I can materialize the list provided for SEIs and object every option given the way you do. My understanding is that there’ll always be some adaptation you’ll have to go through. But the same is true for other types.