Thread: Beta aspects of IEI?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hibiscus View Post
    I'm curious about why you say that. Any examples? Socionics dictates that every type is limited in some way. But I would say I have a more nuanced view of the future than most anyone I know.
    It's iffy to make a statement like this about a whole quadra since every quadra has types with varying abilities to imagine the future.
    That would take too much writing. Let me summarise:

IEI - impetuous in an OCD type of way, and not save for a rainy day
    EIE - idealists with focus on the system not giving much thought to the practical costs of their ambition
    SLE - living in the moment and not worrying much about consequence
    LSI - maker/follower of plans and rules, rarely looking beyond the immediate situation

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: Have you read: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ription-by-I-O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 05-21-2020 at 10:26 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post

EIE - idealists with focus on the system not giving much thought to the practical costs of their ambition
    LSI - maker/follower of plans and rules, rarely looking beyond the immediate situation

a.k.a. I/O

lol so flattering, your views on Beta

...Btw I'm a mix of SLE and LSI according to you, I don't mind your way of summarising this stuff. I'd be interested in an EIE article too, lol

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

a.k.a. I/O

Yes. I'm not impulsive or spontaneous by many definitions though, In fact I really am not. It's not like I'm consistently on complete randomness mode- I just make plans and do the opposite if I feel like turning my world upside down... in a good way lol.

I'm not able to objectively look at the outcomes of my decisions, at all... which almost makes me Ni polr, but really I just dislike applying Te to my Ni. There's no such thing as a bad outcome for me, I just like to barely make it through and either make a poem about it or forget it ever happened and move on.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'IEI - impetuous in an OCD type of way, and not save for a rainy day'

-I suffered from a type of actual OCD for many years so it's interesting you say that.
    -I didn't care about saving money for a long time, but always had a plan at the back of my mind to find a secure, comfortable job (which I now have).
    -'Impetuous in an OCD way'. I put a great deal of thought and care into some things (I recently made a master plan to save a dying friendship (sad story) and I think it's worked ) and there are some things I'm useless with (cooking..) I just find it so hard to remember things about cooking..I think the same probably applies to bigger problems too. It's like this super ability to imagine different ways things could work out, but an inability (sometimes) to foresee how other issues could come along and get in the way or me resolving the first issue.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bethanyrose View Post
    ........ I just find it so hard to remember things about cooking..I think the same probably applies to bigger problems too. It's like this super ability to imagine different ways things could work out, but an inability (sometimes) to foresee how other issues could come along and get in the way or me resolving the first issue.
    IEIs seem to have impatience for things outside of a very narrow range of interests (often their obsessions). Likely, it's not that you can't remember or understand; it's that you don't care to remember or understand even though you may realize that it would be advantageous for you to do so and that you are actually able to do it if it were important to you.

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs seem to have impatience for things outside of a very narrow range of interests (often their obsessions). Likely, it's not that you can't remember or understand; it's that you don't care to remember or understand even though you may realize that it would be advantageous for you to do so and that you are actually able to do it if it were important to you.

a.k.a. I/O
    If you're telling me I'm capable of things, then thanks, I appreciate the encouragement. But there have definitely been loads of things I've struggled with that I really did care about. Sometimes, yeah things have gone wrong, because my heart wasn't in it. But often it's to do with me making a few silly little mistakes (due to lack of understanding) and then things spiralling. By silly, I don't mean careless (although I'm sure they can be sometimes), I just mean things that I thought were right and made correct sense but turned out to be wrong. This could be to do with anxiety though, so might be more an anxiety thing rather than an IEI thing.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 05-28-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a.k.a. I/O

Can I ask..what do you think are the ‘problems’ of the other types/quadras? If Beta are image conscious with limited views of the future what are the other quadras? I know you’ve said somewhere else that beta focus on their own world too much..

what do you think the other quadras are guilty of?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyR View Post
    ......what do you think the other quadras are guilty of?
    They're slight tendencies rather than something of which they're guilty. Most Alphas tend to be doomed to support roles never seeming to have the ambition or test their limits or use their full potential. Lots of Gammas seem to accumulate unresolved issues that destroy most of their relationships; whereas most relationships are compromised by outside factors and incompatibilities, theirs seem to originate from personal disappointments with what life is doing to them in general. Many Deltas seem to be indignant, disgusted and or enraged at a lot of things, which simmers just below the surface; most never let it show but it does seem to influence many of their decisions.

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're slight tendencies rather than something of which they're guilty. Most Alphas tend to be doomed to support roles never seeming to have the ambition or test their limits or use their full potential. Lots of Gammas seem to accumulate unresolved issues that destroy most of their relationships; whereas most relationships are compromised by outside factors and incompatibilities, theirs seem to originate from personal disappointments with what life is doing to them in general. Many Deltas seem to be indignant, disgusted and or enraged at a lot of things, which simmers just below the surface; most never let it show but it does seem to influence many of their decisions.

a.k.a. I/O
    Thank you, that's really interesting. I know I should read and observe things myself but it's good having some guidance. Ok- so they are tendencies which can cause problems for individuals (but other types may feel the negative effects too I guess as a kind of knock on effect). This is something good to be aware of certainly- for understanding and helping people (and being less harsh on myself and others).
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 12-05-2020 at 06:28 PM.