Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bethanyrose View Post
    @Rebelondeck That's really interesting. I relate to what you've described, and it's oddly reassuring to read. Thanks. Luckily, I have found a nice job and have seen a therapist to help with my mental health problems. Discovering socionics has also been helpful..until it started making me feel crazy. Talking on here was probably a good idea. I do think discovering those enneagram instinct stacks was one of the biggest shifts in myself I have ever felt though. Restored my confidence in my ability to deal with and help people and made me want to make art in a way I haven't felt in a long time. I suppose discovering all this stuff is a big deal for most people.
    I don't actually think any of what he said there was type related. More like astrology

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also had the problem of setting myself very low expectations because I have ‘failed’ at other stuff. That is just as unhelpful as setting expectations which are too high. Low self-esteem can lead to someone not pushing themselves, in the same way idealism can set someone up for failure. You could see it as a vicious cycle. I practice meditation which focuses on self-compassion in order to deal with my self-esteem issues, which I find very helpful.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bethanyrose View Post
    I have also had the problem of setting myself very low expectations because I have ‘failed’ at other stuff. That is just as unhelpful as setting expectations which are too high. Low self-esteem can lead to someone not pushing themselves, in the same way idealism can set someone up for failure. You could see it as a vicious cycle. I practice meditation which focuses on self-compassion in order to deal with my self-esteem issues, which I find very helpful.
    Me too.. at this point I've been practicing trying not to even have any expectations to begin with.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I test ILE and I relate to everything stereotypical Beta.. beats the fuck outa me why..

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Re. "revolutionary"-ness, I recommend trying to look at Alphas and Betas together and contrasting them with Gammas and Deltas. The former are much more socially oriented (because they value Fe/Ti), and tend to think of social causes (political, religious, etc.) as being more important than Gammas and Deltas tend to. Exceptions of course exist, and you also have to examine motivations: if a Delta is involved in a political organization, it's more likely that he likes to feel like an important part of a "tribe" than that he feels a particular ideological convincement that this cause is important.

Once you do this, it's quite easy IMO to separate Alphas from Betas. Betas are like Deltas in that they enjoy being part of something larger than themselves, but because it's coupled with more ideological and emotional motivation, they tend to be the ones organizing and spearheading movements -- think Lenin, for instance, an SLE who was a perceptive thinker in his own right, but organized thousands of people into an effective revolutionary force. Or Mao, who, despite being a delusional narcissist and not a very deep thinker, was nevertheless able to unite millions of Chinese in a shared vision. Or Gandhi, or Jesus, or Hitler.

Alphas, in contrast, are more wispy, and drift in and out of social organizations more or less at will. They're less likely to be inclined to put down permanent roots in them, and even less likely to be effective at or willing to manipulate people and try to "herd" them in a general direction, which is generally in the realm of Se.
    ok, that makes sense as Alpha then.
    Last edited by SGF; 06-23-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12