Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: What's my type? (Video attached)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type? (Video attached)


  2. #2
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Read up on ILI. I think that's the ticket. If your "inner world," as in your own [Ni] subjective archetypal themes/metaphors/abstractions/patterns, more often take precedence over your [Te] objective logic, then that signals ILI > LIE. Furthermore, if your [Fi] subjective tastes, values, interests, morals factor more prominently in your decision making, that might also signal ILI > LIE.

  3. #3
    a two horned unicorn renegade Homicidal Maniac 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    tickling your PoLR
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,656
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Heh, content itself makes no indications of LIE. Overall the doubt indicates lower preference for risk taking which is not very LIE like.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I do resonate with most aspects of the ILI descriptions. I thought that I had 4D Te, but I think the cut-off point for me was Fe-PoLR vs Si PoLR; the former fits me a lot better.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Heh, content itself makes no indications of LIE. Overall the doubt indicates lower preference for risk taking which is not very LIE like.
    If you had a guess for my type, what would it be?

  6. #6
    a two horned unicorn renegade Homicidal Maniac 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    tickling your PoLR
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,656
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by safsom2 View Post
    If you had a guess for my type, what would it be?
    I think you might be correct.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  7. #7
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    8,825
    Mentioned
    966 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, @safsom2. My first guess would be ILI, as almost everyone has previously stated.

    You speak in short, clipped, definitive thought-bits, which I’ve seen is a characteristic of many ILI’s. It is very well adapted to talking to people who doubt their own logic. It projects the idea “I’m right, and this is why. And this. And this.”

    It is interesting that you identify the largest difference between LIE and ILI to be risk-taking. It is certainly one of the larger differences, and is related, I think, to their different levels of Se and Fe. LIE’s are definitely more willing to stand up in front of a group, propose some crazy, half-baked scheme, ask obliquely if anyone can see flaws in it (dual seeking), implement it, fail spectacularly, admit failure and ask for helpful corrections.
    ILI’s hate to be wrong. They absolutely hate it, even to the point where it prevents them from doing many things which would work, if implemented and pursued.

    ILI’s also have stronger Ni than LIE’s do. I see Ni as a pattern sequence, like drumming your fingers. One event follows the other in time wise sequence, right into the future.
    When an ILI has very strong Ni, they will often speak in sequential sentence bits. “Here is the beam. It connects to the plate. The plate has a passage for water cooling. Of course I can calculate the heat flow. I have a PhD in CFD. You see? Here is the beam.....” and the cycle can repeat several times. It is as if they are imprinting a sequence of facts and events inside their heads, and incidentally are explaining things to an SEE.


    Best of luck to you in finding that SEE. I suspect that you will encounter some ESI’s first, though.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-21-2020 at 11:58 AM.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hi, @safsom2. My first guess would be ILI, as almost everyone has previously stated.

    You speak in short, clipped, definitive thought-bits, which I’ve seen is a characteristic of many ILI’s. It is very well adapted to talking to people who doubt their own logic. It projects the idea “I’m right, and this is why. And this. And this.”

    It is interesting that you identify the largest difference between LIE and ILI to be risk-taking. It is certainly one of the larger differences, and is related, I think, to their different levels of Se and Fe. LIE’s are definitely more willing to stand up in front of a group, propose some crazy, half-baked scheme, ask obliquely if anyone can see flaws in it (dual seeking), implement it, fail spectacularly, admit failure and ask for helpful corrections.
    ILI’s hate to be wrong. They absolutely hate it, even to the point where it prevents them from doing many things which would work, if implemented and pursued.
    I think this is something that's changed as I've gotten older; especially during adolescence. I was a lot more confident about my ideas and a lot more outgoing when I was younger; only recently have I realized that most of my ideas have already been made real. I'm saving my voice and my energy for if and when I find something truly groundbreaking; something to shock people. Until then, I need to read and learn more.

  9. #9
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    8,825
    Mentioned
    966 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @safsom2, the impulse to study the problem more and actually do less is Ni>Se. Eventually, it leads to paralysis. I really recommend that you hang out with an SEE for a while, no matter how crazy or overwhelming they seem at first.

    If you want to be successful in the way that most of the ILI's that I know have been successful, start saving money now and invest it regularly in long term investments like mutual funds. Don't try to beat the market. No one is that smart (except a computer program running in a building in Connecticut).

    If you have a halfway decent job and you start investing now, you should be a millionaire by the time you are 50. I know at least nine ILI's IRL, and the older ones are all pretty well off.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-21-2020 at 12:28 PM.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm 16 at the moment, but I plan to go into some sort of consultancy / investment type career when I'm older. It seems to play to my strengths the best. Thanks for the savings advice! I have leverage over my parents now; I can use Socionics + my own reasoning to convince them to allow me to open my own bank account. From there on, anything is possible.

  11. #11
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    4,486
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes ILI.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,178
    Mentioned
    1115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILI is among possible
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •