Thread: FULL 40Q. Please help type me. TIA

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redundantoxymoron View Post
    Thanks, I don't mind still discussing btw.

re SLE-Ti: I forgot I'd mentioned the previous SLE typing; I understand now why you didn't mention it.

Yes, I did think it was notable what you pointed out earlier: "Also, bringing up a possibility -> evaluating it for logical consistency -> another possibility -> evaluating it for logical consistency, Ti-Ne, iteration, is a common theme throughout this whole questionnaire."

And as I replied earlier, the iteration "should" be inverted for an LII: state a logical rule/principle -> bring up possibilities about it -> state another logical rule/principle -> bring up possibilities about it.

But on reflection, I do your version much more than mine. This suggests I'm coming up with possibilities (Ne) first, then checking them for logical consistency (Ti).

As for your question, it depends on the context. I usually, but not always, like to fit ideas into theories or with other ideas, and not just consider them for their own sake. But, I don't mind that either.
    Yeah, the order was incorrect, I see what you mean. I got a bit sloppy there, but the general idea still stands.

What I meant for their own sake, was that you can just consider them in and of themselves without ultimately needing to take some kind of concrete action, unlike how I imagine an SLE would. Thoughts? I may be getting dangerously close to sloppy again, lol sorry.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remiges View Post
    Yeah, the order was incorrect, I see what you mean. I got a bit sloppy there, but the general idea still stands.

What I meant for their own sake, was that you can just consider them in and of themselves without ultimately needing to take some kind of concrete action, unlike how I imagine an SLE would. Thoughts? I may be getting dangerously close to sloppy again, lol sorry.
    Oh, I'm actually not saying the order is incorrect, necessarily -- that order would be consistent with ILE. I was just referencing it in light of your previous comment. I think you made a valid observation about the order, and it was something I was not aware of, so thanks again for that.

I actually think you are correct that I'm coming up with ideas first and only checking them for logical consistency after that.

I see what you mean now. In that case, I do consider ideas without taking action most of the time, but I usually, but not always, like to fit ideas into theories or with other ideas. So it's still not action-oriented, though, I guess.