Thread: wanting to be "defined"

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    .......Incidentally, when I screw up, I openly admit it so that I can get corrective advice on how to do better, whereas ILI’s really do try to retroactively reframe reality to make it appear that their approach was actually correct all along. At least, I have observed this in several ILI’s and only in ILI’s, although I might have strong selection bias there. I know a lot of ILI’s.

Do you think this difference could be related to j vs. p?
    I thought the thread more was about IEIs? However, Ips do tend to hold some perspectives as almost sacred - sometimes holding onto misperception like a dog on a bone; Ejs do so also but to a much lesser extent. Eps tend not to hold much of anything sacred unless it facilitates their freedom. Ijs seem to get into habitual loops which can be interpreted as re-framing reality but this is more obliviousness. To what you seem to be referring is maturity where one has had more than a few occasions to be proven wrong or inferior, and is now willing to look outside the ego.......

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I thought the thread more was about IEIs? However, Ips do tend to hold some perspectives as almost sacred - sometimes holding onto misperception like a dog on a bone; Ejs do so also but to a much lesser extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by remiges View Post
    Thanks, Tommy.

I have to actually work really hard at sticking to the “S” facts, to not inject something with my own interpretation, i.e., the actual words said, where we were actually at, the specific context - because it is almost like I take the essence of a conversation and can suit it to fit my goals. (Yes, I had that conversation, but it wasn’t exactly like that, it wasn’t exactly in that place, it didn’t happen right at that time - foggy images replaying in my mind, unless I go out of my way to focus and use my declarative memory to fill in those details rather than jumping the gun and presenting it as “truth” when it is not... hence, lying).
    Both these statements make me think of a few Ni/Fe user I've seen that speak very woo woo and really try to convince you of it.

an example skip to 20:48