Thread: wanting to be "defined"

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Beautiful sky: Yeah, I get it. People hear lies and they think someone with questionable morals, maybe that’s right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    For the record, I know a lot of ILI's and not all of them lie, but they will often "reframe reality" to make it seem like they were right all along, or to try to convince everyone that they are the most competent and knowledgeable person ever born. This seems to happen right after they have a public and spectacular failure and want to change the way the outcome is viewed.
    Yeah, I have caught myself reframing reality. Or, more like, I meant to do that. You see?

If I start going on about being a genius, feel free to call me out. Because if I do, I am probably not aware I am doing it. Above all, I consider myself more lucky than actually smart.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remiges View Post
    @Beautiful sky: Yeah, I get it. People hear lies and they think someone with questionable morals, maybe that’s right after all.

Yeah, I have caught myself reframing reality. Or, more like, I meant to do that. You see?

If I start going on about being a genius, feel free to call me out. Because if I do, I am probably not aware I am doing it. Above all, I consider myself more lucky than actually smart.
    @remiges, for what it is worth, you don’t seem to be insisting that you are a genius at all. Only a few ILI’s seem to do that, and you aren’t one of them. You seem like a very nice, normal, well-adjusted person to me.