Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    Again, sounds like over-ascribing E6 neuroses to Ne PoLR.

No clue who wrote that, but doesn't seem accurate for Ne PoLR. Much of this is being conflated with low trait Openness. And planning out one's life years in advance is usually more of an Ni PoLR preoccupation.

I do think there's a characteristic of absolutism about Ne PoLR. Their thoughts/feelings/perceptions are very self-evident to them, and they're not inclined to vacillate much about what they "could be". This can appear as 'close-mindedness' to those more habitually detached from their own direct experience.

I don't like anything I've seen of Model G… typings based on it are completely bizarre, may as well be a different theory altogether.

Model A works fine enough if need be. But doesn't matter to me what model a person subscribes to so long as prominent IEs, quadra themes, and intertypes can be coherently accounted for.
    ok so give me your working definition of Ne PolR, I need sources, links to reference material, so I can study it.. I'd like to be on the same page so we aren't working with different definitions or we'll just keep talking past each-other. The model or system absolutely matters, agreement matters definitions and terms otherwise why even converse? Vibes, themes and such are irrelevant really :/ too vague to do much with unless properly defined and classified.

I based my type on Gulenko's work and model A, which is explained on wikisocion well enough and I have Gulenko's book.
    Last edited by SGF; 03-01-2021 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    ok so give me your working definition of Ne PolR, I need sources, links to reference material, so I can study it.. I'd like to be on the same page so we aren't working with different definitions or we'll just keep talking past each-other.

I based my type on Gulenko's work and model A, which is explained on wikisocion well enough and I have Gulenko's book.
    Good idea. The more I'm seeing gulenko and a couple others show their skills by correcting my typings at times in ways that make a lot of sense, the more I'm understanding that a lot of these homegrown experts don't really know their stuff.

One example of Ne polr I'm most familiar with, Georgia O'Keeffe, was a great artist with a wonderful internal vision. But she was also described as myopic because she limited her subjects mainly to flowers and desert scenes and typically painted in the same style. Her art was very unique, but I have to agree that she was quite narrowly focused. I say all this in spite of the fact that she's my favorite visual artist.

I remember a quote from her saying, "I hate flowers. I paint them because they don't move like models." Lmao

Se creatives are often very hard-nosed pragmatists.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    ok so give me your working definition of Ne PolR, I need sources, links to reference material, so I can study it.. I'd like to be on the same page so we aren't working with different definitions or we'll just keep talking past each-other. The model or system absolutely matters, agreement matters definitions and terms otherwise why even converse? Vibes, themes and such are irrelevant really :/ too vague to do much with unless properly defined and classified.

Aushra's Socion provides decent theoretical purview; Model A functions are defined here.