So I've been obsessively learning about the types and functions for the last week and i still cannot decide between EII and IEI for the life of me so if someone could help me I'd be forever grateful... I've tested as IEI continuously since last year, when i first heard of socionics, but I think I could also be EII? I've read a *lot* on both EIIs and IEIs and the functions but most of the time I can relate to both Ni/Fe and Fi/Ne?? (I'm a 4w5 sx/sp btw)
I mean, I'm definitely very sensitive to any room's atmosphere and I'm really good at reading body language in general, but I rarely try to actually change the mood unless I'm very familiar/comfortable with the people involved. I'm also very private with my feelings and I don't really like being in the limelight, except if I'm in a small group of people I'm close with—then I take up quite a lot of space and I tend to put on a show. Otherwise I try to basically fade in the background... I'm very, very bad with logical and methodical tasks and it usually takes up a lot of energy for me to mobilize myself to do basically any task that's been assigned to me, and 99% of the time I'll be lost in thoughts and fantasies, which seems a little far off from the stereotype off service-oriented EIIs? I tend to be also quite light-hearted around other people and when I tell stories or anecdotes I'm usually very dramatic and (I think???) funny, which goes against what I read on delta quadra. On the other hand I'm very uncomfortable in large groups of people and I'm think I'm more declaring than asking,,
I also wouldn't describe myself as diplomatic—I can often hurt people and I tend to say what i think with little regards to the other's feelings (as long as we're not close/I don't really care about them. If I'm actively trying to be liked by someone I obviously won't insult them to their face,, generally.) I don't know if I'm particularly concerned with morals, either? I can excuse a lot if I like someone, and I'll be more judgmental towards someone who annoys me personally than towards someone who's objectively "bad" but whose presence is pleasant. I also tend to be attracted to people who I see as "strong" (type 8s generally) because they tend to compensate for my weak points (efficiency, motivation, being attuned to reality) and I, theirs (my favorite activity is basically introspection, so that tends to come in handy)
IEIs are often described as being very careful with how they dress, which can be my case but more often than not, isn't. I'll only dress up if im meeting with someone, otherwise I care very little for how I look. I tend to be pretty detached from any and all physical things, my own body included. Talking bodies: in relationships (not sexual) I tend to alternate between caregiver (mostly around my LII and IEE friends), childlike and victim? (I guess i could take on aggressor eventually, too, if it was needed in a given situation.)
Lastly: Filatova's description of IEIs definitely fits me but I can't see myself in that of EIIs?
1. The dreamer and romantic, IEI is easily separated from reality, knows how to sense events, to notice their dynamics. He sees the concealed potential within people, his inner essence, is capable of proposing new ideas in areas of interest.
2. Knows how to influence the moods of others, to cause reactions deemed necessary by method of an “emotional surge”, but not by pressure, he readily manifests warmth and participation. Loves to speak about the moral problems, about the norms of behavior, he calls those near to him to acknowledge his observations.
3. His fitness for work is unpredictable as it depends exclusively on his mood. He frequently possess low energy and therefore finds it difficult to force himself to work. Formal hierarchy, structure, organizing, systematization … all these only serve to irritate and tire him, he doesn’t see the “living soul” in these, which is necessary to motivate him.
4. He ably feels the beauty, harmony, and commensurability in the world, but badly manages practical tasks; poor at performing repetitive chores and following precise procedures; may overspend money and look down on what he deems as "penny-pinching".
1. – The main interest of EII is focused on the moral norms of behavior, considers it necessary to listen to all whom require their sympathy and help. Very emotional but believes that one ought not to concentrate just on the bad things, but to seek the positive sides of life.
2. – Possesses an excellent eye for promising long-range opportunities; knows how to manipulate variants and select the most promising one. Prefers methodical activities, is frequently disturbed by the future.
3. – Relates poorly to anything involving violence. While on one hand they resist external pressures, on the other they’re prone to tyrannize themselves internally. Find it difficult to efficiently complete household tasks, organize their budget, and purchase necessary things.
4. – Subordinate themselves to a system of order so long as not they’re not forced. Does not develop interest in theories of an abstract nature. Not always capable of organizing work efficiently, spends much time ineffectively spending resources, capable of overworking in order to make up for this.
Though I definitely relate more to this part of an EII's description:
When she first arrives amongst a group of people she holds herself back. Once she has established a degree of control in regards to the psychological atmosphere of occurences within the group, and only then, after she has soaked herself in the atmosphere, will she consider becoming a full-fledged member of the collective.
If you've come this far.... I owe you my life