I believe I grew up with primarily sensing types in my family, and looking back, the role I played was mainly that of mediator and did so by... lying, using intuition. (There may be a better way to say this, but that is escaping me right now).

Things such as... my father going on a rampage on my sister (she did not follow his instructions that the knife should not go in the sink, as the water will rust it) and I defending her in some sense. "Yes, dad, you're right, it's just, we were in such a rush to get out the door today, that we let it get by us. It's only been a couple hours... surely, that's not enough time for it to rust?" "I guess not... just don't do it again." (we just forgot, we did not really give a shit, but my sister looked at me like 'how the hell did you make that up?'; used to pull this on a lot of my high school teachers and professors too).

Or... when someone else goes on a rampage ("I cannot believe he did that to me! You should have spoken up! That was not right!") It's like beginning to sense that the shit-throwing will happen soon unless I intervene. "Maybe he was just having a bad day... maybe he wouldn't normally have said something like that, perhaps give him another chance?" "You're right, maybe I am being too harsh."

What do you guys think?