Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange
    The Tennessee Department of Health will halt all adolescent vaccine outreach – not just for coronavirus, but all diseases – amid pressure from Republican state lawmakers, according to an internal report and agency emails obtained by the Tennessean.

I wonder why it’s so hard to follow the simple principle of vaccinating those that are at risk of serious disease. Adolescents are at no risk of dying of covid so I agree there is no point vaccinating them, but there are a lot of other diseases that are actually dangerous (eg. Polio).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I wonder why it’s so hard to follow the simple principle of vaccinating those that are at risk of serious disease. Adolescents are at no risk of dying of covid so I agree there is no point vaccinating them, but there are a lot of other diseases that are actually dangerous (eg. Polio).
    Basically, it’s because they are fairly stupid and have a hard time thinking for themselves, so they want to accept what other people tell them. If they tell them what they want to hear, that is.
    Prejudice first, facts later or never.
    They aren’t helped by being suspicious of science, and everything else they don’t understand.

Also, adolescent deaths from COVID are low but are increasing.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Basically, it’s because they are fairly stupid and have a hard time thinking for themselves, so they want to accept what other people tell them. If they tell them what they want to hear, that is.
    Prejudice first, facts later or never.
    They aren’t helped by being suspicious of science, and everything else they don’t understand.

Also, adolescent deaths from COVID are low but are increasing.
    True about a lot of antivaxxers, though there are those that also believe anything an 'authority' tells them the other way around. Thus far I have seen adolescent death numbers for covid being so low that even the extremely rare side effects of vaccines are on the same level. Discounting those that have underlying diseases or genetic risks that make them part of the at-risk group.

It's smart to vaccinate everyone that is at risk, but after they have been vaccinated, it doesn't seem like a good trade-off to continue vaccinating those that are statistically as likely to get sick from the vaccine as the disease itself.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    From January 2020 to July 2021, 337 17-and-under died with Covid in the States. Statistically nothing.

Don't know of an analysis for just the States, but child malnutrition rates as a result of lockdowns could lead to 120,000 excess deaths, according to the UN.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 07-29-2021 at 01:21 AM.