Threaded View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Armed anti-lockdown protestors storm Michigan's state house.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...67u-story.html

Politicians wearing bullet-proof vests; there's quite literally nothing less democratic than using force to coerce elected representatives. These people are authoritarians who trample on other people's liberty.
    Once you get outside Ann Arbor city limits, Michigan is pretty conservative. Remember the Oklahoma bomber, Timothy McVeigh? Michigan. The Michigan Militia? Michigan. Betsy DeVos, destroyer of public teacher's unions? Michigan. DeVos' brother Erik Prince, founder of Blackwater and fan of private armies? Michigan. When I was working as a factory rat in Southfield, one of my co-workers boasted that he and his biker buddies had burned a cross in the front yard of a black family that had the temerity to move into Redford. When I first started working in the tool-and-die factories in Detroit during my summers out of University, I asked one of the foremen why everyone in the plant was white. He said, and I quote, "We don't hire nig-gers here."
    In the 1920's, Michigan had more KKK members than any Southern state. https://www.michiganradio.org/post/k...mist-movements

Michigan is packed with Authoritarian morons. Most of them are racists. If I didn't live in Ann Arbor, I'd move to the West Coast.

I moved to Michigan because I got into the Physics Honors program at the U of M. In my first summer there, I looked for work in Detroit along Eight Mile Rd, and I remember the shock I had encountering the people there and the look of the place. I instantly resolved never to live anywhere near there. It's not just that it's not safe, or that it's your ability to bring violence vs. their ability to bring violence, it's the entire feel of the place. "Dehumanizing" would be a generous description of the place.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-01-2020 at 05:06 PM.