Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
Sounds like there might be several Italian members of the forum? @FDG is the only person I "know" that I knew was from Italy, so he's been in my thoughts with all that's going on. Hope all y'all Italian forum members are doing good. A post about sensationalistic press is reassuring cuz if there is still talk about people overreacting and stuff even in Italy, that's a good thing, lol.
At the moment it really depends on where you live. There's some cities in the north (near Milan) where a lot of people are in intensive care so it's really dangerous if you catch it now because they don't have any places left for you. Otoh some other cities have quite low numbers (say 200 infected in a population of 500k) so it's still manageable.

HOWEVER everyone in every city/town has to stay at home, all the shops are closed etc. - I still think it's too much and the press is overloading people with numbers like "1500 dead" - here in Italy we count every co-morbid death as COVID death, the opposite of what some other european countries (like Germany) are doing, thus our numbers are sky-high.