Thread: PoLR versus ignoring, relating to Jung's original type descriptions

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I always thought the difference was pretty obvious, the ignoring function you are good with it but receiving it yourself bores you to tears. There's no psychological stimulation. It's like having sex with yourself, or how some anti-gay people think homosexuality is. It's like two positive or two negative charges. It's zero energy.... but kinda worse than that, it decays over time if somebody is giving you too much of it (even if at first it starts out OK) Being bored can make one feel safe though, so its not all bad- I guess I mean this is how illusionary relationships are like a defunct sort of duality right?

PoLR on the other hand is more of an immediately bad thing. Somebody uses it, hits a sore spot, you feel how you don't like it more clearly and right away. It's not like a slow death/creep kinda thing. The wound is more noticeable and bigger and glowing all red and obvious-like. You're also not good at the function yourself- so its more foreign and harder to defend against. In that way it's worse. Better in the sense, I think it's a bit more clear when its bothering you - so it can be further protected against socially. (ideally anyway, as you know- you are gonna piss off your Dual/Semi-Dual from time to time as well. =()

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I always thought the difference was pretty obvious, the ignoring function you are good with it but receiving it yourself bores you to tears. There's no psychological stimulation. It's like having sex with yourself, or how some anti-gay people think homosexuality is. It's like two positive or two negative charges. It's zero energy.... but kinda worse than that, it decays over time if somebody is giving you too much of it (even if at first it starts out OK) Being bored can make one feel safe though, so its not all bad- I guess I mean this is how illusionary relationships are like a defunct sort of duality right?

PoLR on the other hand is more of an immediately bad thing. Somebody uses it, hits a sore spot, you feel how you don't like it more clearly and right away. It's not like a slow death/creep kinda thing. The wound is more noticeable and bigger and glowing all red and obvious-like. You're also not good at the function yourself- so its more foreign and harder to defend against. In that way it's worse. Better in the sense, I think it's a bit more clear when its bothering you - so it can be further protected against socially. (ideally anyway, as you know- you are gonna piss off your Dual/Semi-Dual from time to time as well. =()
    Hmm.. Interesting write up. can you offer specific examples of some Polr hits?