Thread: Authoritarians and Politics

Threaded View

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    The problem is some of us don't want to live this way, and if enough of the people who insist the world can only be this uber competition where we screw each other over in the fight to be top dog would start to understand it's only one mode of behavior available to us (that we have a choice), then the world would become less this way. It's frustrating when you can see we could build more of a utopia out of this place, but we can't because our great stupid need to self-sabotage overrides everything. We have enough for everyone still (just barely), we still have a chance, and we are screwing it up royally as a global "collective."
    I agree to a certain extent, but I am saying something different, because even in what you are saying, there is an implicit moral bias, preconceived concepts about what is right and wrong, that even you seem to take for granted: from an evolutionary POV, even people who advocate a non-competitive mode of living, are in fact, applying a competitive agenda. Even people who advocate non-violent ways of living, even pacifists, are trying to get the upper hand in life, whatever their rationalizations. To say it figuratively: in a world organized according to the principles of EIIs, it is the SLEs that get the short end of the stick.

In the larger scheme of things, there is no such thing as right or wrong. The fact alone that High RWA people exist, proves that these people serve some biological evolutionary purpose. If they didn't, they wouldn't be there. And why is a Low RWA world where there is no competition and everyone has food on their plates, by implicit definition a better world than a High RWA world where 50% of the worlds capital is owned by a mere 1% of the worlds population?

People talk about being WOKE nowadays. GTFOOF, 99.999% of the world's population is vast asleep.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 08-05-2020 at 06:01 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking