Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Complicated in what way? I'm not trying to challenge you, just not sure what you mean. I think our environment is currently complicated?
    No now it's extremely uncomplicated! I mean environments where there's a real risk of starving to death or being killed either by other humans or animals.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    No now it's extremely uncomplicated! I mean environments where there's a real risk of starving to death or being killed either by other humans or animals.
    I would say our current enviroment is complicated, just a different way. There is a reason why authoritarians are so prevalent among-st western political bodies.

Multicultural society and globalization inherently create complex socio-economic situations which although isn't necessarily immediately existential, racial and ethnic struggle mask class struggle and social conflict, which are always creating tension in society.

The rise of the right wing in the last 50 years isn't really a surprise.

My view is that America exported right wing authoritarianism and kept those forces in power in proxy nation states thru it's foreign policy and programs which kept progressive(often leftist authoritarian) revolutions from succeeding. This occurred essentially everywhere in the world and has since America lost China and Cuba to Maoist revolutions.

At the same time non authoritarians working hand in hand authoritarian implemented policies which kept western society functioning and cooperating. This however ended more or less in 2008. In my opinion, there is currently no stable cooperative structure to fuel the status quo and generate the demand necessary for growth. This is the reason so much cash is just being sat on.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Global_Minotaur

The ethnocentric focus of RWA kept their eyes targeted against foreign powers while non-authoritarians tried to keep things going but it also required the continued exporting of RWA to foreign states. The US is losing it's capacity to export authoritarianism while maintaining the status quo, largely due to failed adventures in the Middle East, and with the target currently Iran, that is likely to continue. Also the demise of the finance mechanism and political will to engage in such activity has invested many RWA to domestic conflict over social values.

It's almost inevitable in the short term the RWA will win in western society because LWA is largely asleep and untapped to resist RWA in a virtually inevitable and potentially existential conflict. This might not be violent but it will be determined by demographic changes(which might occur thru normal aging). Wide spread social oppression may certain occur like what occurred in Franco's Spain.