Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    Do any other Se leads get annoyed by people who lack foresight and don't think things through? Like omg how hard is it to just think for a second before you do something. I find it's usually (not all the time, but often) Si ego types that end up doing this. It's like how do they not see how what they do is going to play out, given that the course of events is always so obvious.
    Pretty much a general "gamma" thing. and or and dominant functions get you a similar results from divergent angles. By some accident of the divine, you have a damnably accurate record in regards to prophecy in some form. Add in the fact that most people tend to assume that every other human they encounter is like themselves more or less and you see how that issue pops up for you. The "thinking for a second" most especially. Play a video game with a multiplayer element sometime, tell me a story of it, I can probably tell you exactly how that rando's failure to "think" ruined everything!

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    It's not really about consistency imo because like I don't care if someone is consistent. It becomes a huge issue when their lack of foresight ends up fucking something up for me, then it gets fully intolerable. It also, most of the time, makes them inefficient as fuck - another irritating thing. The 3 closest people in my family are all Si leads (two SLIs and an SEI) and they all suffer from this issue and it makes my life so much worse, I can't wait to move away from these people.
    I've learned the hard way, multiple times, that I really ought not to assume that, like I stated above, other people share my own capacity for things like logical projection. At the same time, don't let that ability of yours go to your head. You have greater foresight than they do. Good for you. However, because instilling a sense of "humility" is an aspect or our existence, don't just write all their opinions and "foresight's" off.

They may be writing yours off, and you can thus take some small comfort in the fact that they will most likely remember how they blew you off with a great deal of regret. Like Cassandra you did clearly try to warn them and yet they blew you off. Did your best, not much else can be asked of ya. However, I'd rather not indulge in schadenfreude if I can help it. Thus I lament the lack of vision and foresight of those closest to you...
    Last edited by End; 01-05-2020 at 06:49 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Pretty much a general "gamma" thing. and or and dominant functions get you a similar results from divergent angles. By some accident of the divine, you have a damnably accurate record in regards to prophecy in some form. Add in the fact that most people tend to assume that every other human they encounter is like themselves more or less and you see how that issue pops up for you. The "thinking for a second" most especially. Play a video game with a multiplayer element sometime, tell me a story of it, I can probably tell you exactly how that rando's failure to "think" ruined everything!

I've learned the hard way, multiple times, that I really ought not to assume that, like I stated above, other people share my own capacity for things like logical projection. At the same time, don't let that ability of yours go to your head. You have greater foresight than they do. Good for you. However, because instilling a sense of "humility" is an aspect or our existence, don't just write all their opinions and "foresight's" off.

They may be writing yours off, and you can thus take some small comfort in the fact that they will most likely remember how they blew you off with a great deal of regret. Like Cassandra you did clearly try to warn them and yet they blew you off. Did your best, not much else can be asked of ya. However, I'd rather not indulge in schadenfreude if I can help it. Thus I lament the lack of vision and foresight of those closest to you...
    People write you off because you're delusional.