Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    What I'm talking about involves more than mere disregard; like I said, Se leads have a "diminished capacity," as in a low D function that is inherently weak and not as capable of differentiating information on that aspect, when it comes to accurately and comfortably foreseeing how their actions will unfold over time, which is why they cognitively prefer not to focus on that. Sure, everyone is concerned with their future, but the sociotypes go about dealing with that in different ways. Se leads excel at perceiving/taking in the immediate, concrete reality of their environments and acting on that "data" so as to make an impact right then and there; they repeat this same formula from moment to moment, using their sheer force of will and tactical talents to pull off a bunch of short sighted goals that eventually culminate in achieving a long term goal. Weak Se valuers don't trust our ability to act as competently in the moment, which is why we spend far more time envisioning our goals and using long term strategies to more meticulously plot the best way forward.

Yeah, I can see how "relishing in the now" can be interpreted as Si--a poor choice of words, but even so, that's not entirely unreasonable when talking about sensors because they all have strong, high D Se and Si, whether valued or not. Se leads are perfectly capable of maximizing on the potential of the moment, as far as knowing the necessary actions to take AND enjoying themselves at the same time. Se leads are often known for being top level party goers for this very reason.
    I wouldn't say Se leads are the top level party goers like they are in MehBTI. I'd give that to the ESEs (mbti ESFx is basically ESE). Maybe SLEs given that they are in a merry quadra, but not SEEs. Note, a very different type to MBTI ESFP.

Another crux of the issue, it wouldn't be an annoyance if these Si goons could act competently in the moment. But they can't, and don't. Also I don't view it as extremely as presented here, because I actually think the most strategic option is to be adaptable. Have a general plan but allow that plan to be changeable I say.

I mean really, I don't see what other type I could be actually. Surely not alpha ILE, given my clear dislike for Si and people not taking things seriously. SEI has to be one of the worst types, and I honestly don't see how I can dual seek it.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    I wouldn't say Se leads are the top level party goers like they are in MehBTI. I'd give that to the ESEs (mbti ESFx is basically ESE). Maybe SLEs given that they are in a merry quadra, but not SEEs. Note, a very different type to MBTI ESFP.
    Nah, I have more experience with strong Se valuers than any other type and I know for a fact that they can go HARD when it comes to partying, especially the Se leads that are enneagram 7s (which many of them are)**.

For one, you assume that all party goers have exactly the same priorities and motivations for partying and they don’t. In Socionics, both SEEs and ESEs have 4D Se and Fe (part of the SF/’Social’ club which should tell you all you need to know) but they cognitively prefer one over the other. My SEE (E7w8) mother has always been the ultimate “party girl,” but her focus is on making an Se impact, first and foremost, by way of her energy, her aesthetic/style, her presence, and creating an extravagant spectacle, a powerful experience where, ideally, she is the center of attention, the “light source.”

And the degree of her turn up always depends on what she [Fi] personally wants/desires/chooses to do in that moment, others be damned, even though with demonstrative Fe she’s great at making sure others are enjoying themselves as well. But my mother could be the only one dancing in the center of the room and be just fine with that–her desire to party is self focused, not others focused, as would more so be the case with ESEs as Fe leads. They’re more concerned with directly influencing and feeding off of the emotions of others in order to create a certain vibe and mood. They can’t help but be tuned into whether or not everyone is feeling good and therefore, having fun–they are Fi ignoring and would de-prioritize their own subjective feeling in favor of the objective, group feeling. Incidentally, I remember you saying before that you could feel/take on the emotions of other people and only Fe valuers do that; Fi users like SEEs don’t access empathy through that channel. I also remember seeing your type me video and I didn’t get Se lead, at all. Neither do you VI like an SEE.

**though I think some typology systems (e.g., MBTI, Socionics, Enneagram) are more flawed, inconsistent and lacking than others, essentially they are all aiming to describe the same underlying patterns and phenomena, and I believe that a synthesis between the systems comes closest to the “truth.” I don't think the differences between MBTI and Socionics significantly alter how the types manifest; I actually think the type profiles from both systems feature and prioritize different "sub types" (better explained by DCNH or Enneagram, for example).

Another crux of the issue, it wouldn't be an annoyance if these Si goons could act competently in the moment. But they can't, and don't. Also I don't view it as extremely as presented here, because I actually think the most strategic option is to be adaptable. Have a general plan but allow that plan to be changeable I say.
    You're describing EXXp (flexible-maneuvering) temperament, overall.

I mean really, I don't see what other type I could be actually. Surely not alpha ILE, given my clear dislike for Si and people not taking things seriously. SEI has to be one of the worst types, and I honestly don't see how I can dual seek it.
    1.) At your age, your Ego functions are still developing (in addition to your Super Ego), let alone anything else. It would be common and almost expected to feel a certain repugnance or disconnect from your subconscious functions. Therefore, you not being that into Si right now would not necessarily discount you valuing it.

2.) Even supposing that everyone you've typed as SEI is indeed SEI (and there is a chance that's not the case), a staple of Socionics is IR theory and if you are uncertain of your own type, then it is very difficult to discern if you're actually experiencing the appropriate cognitive compatibility/incompatibility with SEI and other types that you think you are. Se leads don't typically have terrible IR, to the point of hate, with SEIs; your worst relation should be LII. Of course, there are always possible exceptions but I only deal in likelihoods. It's also possible that bad blood and funky family dynamics (that aren't type related) can sour certain relations that might otherwise be favorable.

3.) Also, enneagram 3s are identity seeking image types and, of course I could always be wrong, but it seems to me that you have a lot invested in coming off a certain way (that embodies a certain "Se" strength and power) which might also be clouding your judgment concerning your type.

4.) These are my thoughts and I stand by them but at the end of the day, do you, boo.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the degree of her turn up always depends on what she [Fi] personally wants/desires/chooses to do in that moment, others be damned, even though with demonstrative Fe she’s great at making sure others are enjoying themselves as well. But my mother could be the only one dancing in the center of the room and be just fine with that–her desire to party is self focused, not others focused, as would more so be the case with ESEs as Fe leads.
    This is probably the best explanation I've read about my style of "partying". I love house parties because I can talk to everyone and make an impact as desired... And can also be in my PJs if I feel like it. Can't do that in a club where it's too loud to have a proper conversation and everyone is just dancing. Of course, there's time for that too I know my IEE friend will also party on her own terms regardless of how "the room" is feeling, whereas my ESE friends wait for the appropriate time to start dancing or something. It's funny because the appropriate time will never come if no one decides to dance because of their own whim.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    I love house parties because I can talk to everyone and make an impact as desired... And can also be in my PJs if I feel like it. Can't do that in a club where it's too loud to have a proper conversation and everyone is just dancing.
    Same, sis, same.
    I never thought I would like clubs, and after my last experience with them, I'm very ambivalent. They turn me away for the very same reasons you mentioned. House parties feel more intimate. But the problem with the party culture here is that there is never JUST a house party. Those are usually pre-parties. I guess I can go home after the pre-party from now on, which is what I intend to do. Clubs kinda suck.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I have more experience with strong Se valuers than any other type and I know for a fact that they can go HARD when it comes to partying, especially the Se leads that are enneagram 7s (which many of them are)**.

For one, you assume that all party goers have exactly the same priorities and motivations for partying and they don’t. In Socionics, both SEEs and ESEs have 4D Se and Fe (part of the SF/’Social’ club which should tell you all you need to know) but they cognitively prefer one over the other. My SEE (E7w8) mother has always been the ultimate “party girl,” but her focus is on making an Se impact, first and foremost, by way of her energy, her aesthetic/style, her presence, and creating an extravagant spectacle, a powerful experience where, ideally, she is the center of attention, the “light source.”

And the degree of her turn up always depends on what she [Fi] personally wants/desires/chooses to do in that moment, others be damned, even though with demonstrative Fe she’s great at making sure others are enjoying themselves as well. But my mother could be the only one dancing in the center of the room and be just fine with that–her desire to party is self focused, not others focused, as would more so be the case with ESEs as Fe leads. They’re more concerned with directly influencing and feeding off of the emotions of others in order to create a certain vibe and mood. They can’t help but be tuned into whether or not everyone is feeling good and therefore, having fun–they are Fi ignoring and would de-prioritize their own subjective feeling in favor of the objective, group feeling. Incidentally, I remember you saying before that you could feel/take on the emotions of other people and only Fe valuers do that; Fi users like SEEs don’t access empathy through that channel. I also remember seeing your type me video and I didn’t get Se lead, at all. Neither do you VI like an SEE.

**though I think some typology systems (e.g., MBTI, Socionics, Enneagram) are more flawed, inconsistent and lacking than others, essentially they are all aiming to describe the same underlying patterns and phenomena, and I believe that a synthesis between the systems comes closest to the “truth.” I don't think the differences between MBTI and Socionics significantly alter how the types manifest; I actually think the type profiles from both systems feature and prioritize different "sub types" (better explained by DCNH or Enneagram, for example).

You're describing EXXp (flexible-maneuvering) temperament, overall.

1.) At your age, your Ego functions are still developing (in addition to your Super Ego), let alone anything else. It would be common and almost expected to feel a certain repugnance or disconnect from your subconscious functions. Therefore, you not being that into Si right now would not necessarily discount you valuing it.

2.) Even supposing that everyone you've typed as SEI is indeed SEI (and there is a chance that's not the case), a staple of Socionics is IR theory and if you are uncertain of your own type, then it is very difficult to discern if you're actually experiencing the appropriate cognitive compatibility/incompatibility with SEI and other types that you think you are. Se leads don't typically have terrible IR, to the point of hate, with SEIs; your worst relation should be LII. Of course, there are always possible exceptions but I only deal in likelihoods. It's also possible that bad blood and funky family dynamics (that aren't type related) can sour certain relations that might otherwise be favorable.

3.) Also, enneagram 3s are identity seeking image types and, of course I could always be wrong, but it seems to me that you have a lot invested in coming off a certain way (that embodies a certain "Se" strength and power) which might also be clouding your judgment concerning your type.

4.) These are my thoughts and I stand by them but at the end of the day, do you, boo.
    I mean, there are 2 key SEIs in my life - my mam and one of my "friends". My mam is the worst one, because she constantly misgenders and deadnames me even after I've called her out on it multiple times. That is probably the reason I react quite strongly to transphobia on here, because I have to deal with it day in day out from her. Then we have my "friend" who is nice, and that is her issue. She is too nice, to the point where when I try to vent about my mam, she always ends up taking my mam's side. She also infuriates me when I'll try bring up a problem about me being stressed or something, and she tries to turn it about her "having it worse".

Also I'm not too sure about IRs place in reality. With the conflictor relation, sure it can be the worst - but there sometimes isn't enough even there to hate someone about. I also don't really see myself being Si dual in the general sense - I don't like being comforted and coddled.

I do want to come off a certain way, that is true. And if you're curious, the reason I'm such a bitch on this forum is because the typology community has continually treated me like shit so I want revenge.