Thread: did anyone else have this problem

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default did anyone else have this problem

As I said in my introduction, I stumbled across Socionics rather accidentally when looking up MBTI. So, apologies in advance if I appear clueless.

It was recommended to me to look at Quadras to narrow things down, and while I am almost certain I belong to either Alpha or Delta Quadras, I cannot differentiate further. I tried reading an article about group behavior of Alpha and Delta, and to be honest, if anything, it made the difficulty worse.

I am not sure how I fit into the group emotional atmosphere... based on retrospective observation of myself, I tend to be quiet and need someone to really bring me out of my shell... However, I also have an expectation that I am left to my own devices and not forced or shamed to go along with the group, though if you get me going I often do so spontaneously and end up having a great time.

Perhaps I am focusing on the wrong things?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1556 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remiges View Post
    As I said in my introduction, I stumbled across Socionics rather accidentally when looking up MBTI. So, apologies in advance if I appear clueless.

It was recommended to me to look at Quadras to narrow things down, and while I am almost certain I belong to either Alpha or Delta Quadras, I cannot differentiate further. I tried reading an article about group behavior of Alpha and Delta, and to be honest, if anything, it made the difficulty worse.

I am not sure how I fit into the group emotional atmosphere... based on retrospective observation of myself, I tend to be quiet and need someone to really bring me out of my shell... However, I also have an expectation that I am left to my own devices and not forced or shamed to go along with the group, though if you get me going I often do so spontaneously and end up having a great time.

Perhaps I am focusing on the wrong things?
    There are some indications from your preferences as to what type you could be. If you are not sure how you fit into the group emotional atmosphere, you might not value Fe so much. If you tend to be quiet and need someone to really bring you out of your shell, you might be introverted.

I started off by simply taking a personality test in a book called "Please Understand Me" by Kiersey, which is not Socionics, but it did point me in the right direction. (Keirsey also said that I was a "field marshal" and my best match would be an ISFP or, in his second book, an INFP. In other words, no theory, only guesswork.) There are lots of online tests that you can take. One of my favorites can be found at Sociotype.com, click Extended Test.

The thing which really sold me on Socionics was reading Stratiyevskaya's description of ENTj's, which is another designation for LIE's. Her writing showed me that many of my behaviors, which I had been criticized for doing by my parents, and which they were trying to beat or shame out of me, were actually features of my type. My parents just didn't appreciate the differences between us. Lol. If you read through Strat's descriptions, you might recognize yourself in one of them. Otherwise, I'd just start with a test, and see how things go from there. Be aware that tests are not perfect. You will probably do better by interacting with all of the weirdos here and getting their opinions, but please realize that many of the people here absolutely suck at typing people.

In my opinion, the major benefit to knowing Socionics is in understanding what other people generally want and will do. I mean, the descriptions of the types are interesting, too, but I want to know what I can expect.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-04-2020 at 12:59 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help.

I had assumed strong introversion, at least. I came across MBTI through a test at my workplace, done for group building... it immediately stressed me out when we had to display our results publicly, but regardless, I scored INTP, with the P versus J preference being very borderline.

Just did the extended Socionics test and got LII. Read through the author you recommended - sure, I can see myself in that, though there certainly was more mention of "society" in there than I expected for an introvert. I admit I glazed over the details though, got bored. Thanks, regardless.

The reason I became interested in this was mainly to understand other people, as I think I am constantly on the edge of offending someone or having them dislike me - easier to hide in the background, trying to change that.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading your first post I was going to suggest LII, I think you are on the right track.

Go to Articles for a quick search for type descriptions, you will find different authors. You won’t always see yourself in them, especially if you are not Russian, which is the case for most of us. Realize what is applicable and what is not.

I think I know myself very well but getting to know and understanding the other types is the hardest part and will probably take ages.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Ryan; 01-04-2020 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Figured would make more sense to keep adding to this thread instead of creating a new one.

First off, thanks COOL AND MANLY (do you have a nickname or...?). I think I am nearly sold on LII with one wrinkle, though it was briefly mentioned in the chatbox that superego could appear valued as sort of a moral imperative...

So I do see myself significantly in Fe seeking. Again, retrospectively looking at people I enjoy being around, that, at the end of an interaction I feel energized rather than exhausted, are people who can bring me out some - getting me involved, bringing moods up. However, on looking up how Fe is basically mood, and Fi is bond... I think I am scared of being drawn in to moods and being tricked into thinking there is a bond where there is not. I find myself trying to externally look for clues about if there is said bond or not, like, do they treat other people the same as me, could I be/am I someone special to them?

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remiges View Post
    Figured would make more sense to keep adding to this thread instead of creating a new one.

First off, thanks COOL AND MANLY (do you have a nickname or...?). I think I am nearly sold on LII with one wrinkle, though it was briefly mentioned in the chatbox that superego could appear valued as sort of a moral imperative...

So I do see myself significantly in Fe seeking. Again, retrospectively looking at people I enjoy being around, that, at the end of an interaction I feel energized rather than exhausted, are people who can bring me out some - getting me involved, bringing moods up. However, on looking up how Fe is basically mood, and Fi is bond... I think I am scared of being drawn in to moods and being tricked into thinking there is a bond where there is not. I find myself trying to externally look for clues about if there is said bond or not, like, do they treat other people the same as me, could I be/am I someone special to them?
    My old user name used to be Ryan. You can call me that I guess.

I feel the same way. I don't think I will ever have full confidence in my relationships. Some people are worth the risk tho. The girls I committed to were actually great, I'm just extremely picky.