Threaded View

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types of intelligence

I came across this concept: https://exploringyourmind.com/discov...-intelligence/

Generally, when we think of a smart person, we think of a mathematician who solves problems most people would never understand. Someone who is capable of doing calculations faster than we could even write them down. This follows a traditional idea of intelligence as a unique skill that has to do with abstract thought.In 1988, the psychologist Howard Gardner proposed a theory that changed this reductionist idea: the theory of multiple intelligences.
    According to the theory of multiple intelligences, there isn’t just one single form of intelligence, but rather several, which develop in different ways within each individual.
    “Each human being has a unique combination of intelligence. This is the fundamental educational challenge.”
    -Howard Gardner-

So I've tried to match up each type of intelligence with a +/- function:

1. Linguistic-Verbal intelligence: Sounds like -Fe and also a bit -Te.
    2. Logical-Mathematical intelligence: This is clearly -Ti. I wanted to mention that when people usually refer to others as "intelligent" (and IQ test mainly test this, along with others I will mention), and when people speak of "intelligence agencies" (and shows like CSI and other american shows where there is a focus on this aspect) there usually talking about proficiency in this IM. But it is only one aspect in the scope of "intelligence".
    3. Spatial intelligence: This is +Si. Every technical drawing teacher I've had has been an alpha SF. This is also tested in "IQ tests".
    4. Musical intelligence: This could be +Fe, most likely, but also as it's described, -Si, translated as skill. Could be +Ni too (as music is a pattern).
    5. Bodily Kinesthetic intelligence: This sounds like +Si again.
    6. Intrapersonal intelligence: This sounds +Fi.
    7. Interpersonal intelligence: This sounds -Fi.
    8. Naturalist intelligence: This sounds -Si.

So as we can see, in this theory, some aspects of reality are overrepresented (+Si), while others are non-existent (all the other +/- functions here that would correspond also with particular "intelligences"). I would perhaps propose two very important ones:

*9. Cosmic/Holistic intelligence: +Se
    *10. Spiritual intelligence: +Ni
    *11. Transcendental intelligence: -Ni

And one that should have been included in the original theory:

*12. Problem-solving intelligence: +Ne

Might come up with more later.
    Last edited by mclane; 01-03-2020 at 06:07 PM.