Thread: Can SLIs be outgoing and erratic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can SLIs be outgoing and erratic?

I know SLIs who very much fit the stereotype - they sit in the corner of the room sipping good wine and will talk to you about the amazing restaurant/concert they went to.

I also know someone who I struggle to type - I suspect SLI but he doesn't fit the stereotype. I get a good dose of Te from him - very down to earth, grounded, usually thinking about what needs to be done and then get them done with amazing efficiency. I don't think he is a Ti valuer as although he has a mental encyclopaedia of random facts, he shows very little interest in theorizing things, find people who do so pretentious, and doesn't really care about logical consistency much.

I do get good Si signs as well. He is very in his body, has great spatial awareness and actually loves fixing things. He is very driven by comfort and generally what "feels good" - he loves things like driving to the beach, going for a nice meal, a relaxing afternoon at the pub, etc.. I don't think he is Se valuing mainly because he doesn't seem to have much desire to ever "influence" anything external to himself.

The main thing that doesn't fit with SLI is that he can be very outgoing in a eccentric sort of way, i.e. he will start dancing badly in the middle of a house party, blurt out awkward and borderline offensive statements, get way too close with people he's just met, and generally has a very teenager sense of humour. I don't know any other SLIs who act this way - they all seem very refined and subdued.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by meliora; 10-04-2023 at 10:02 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meliora View Post
    get way too close with people he's just met
    In case it's common behavior and not under substances - more for E or F.

> Thoughts?

May to be anything.
    The easy approach is to give him a test (I like Gulenko's). 3 or more dichotomy traits those may guess.
    If you want a typing by others - needs normal data (video + questionnaire).

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, SLI can be outgoing, but are still introverts. This person sounds like an extrovert.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can be outgoing for bursts of time. It’s not uncommon for me to hang out with SLI friend for 6+ hours but it’s not a constant regular occurrence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had him do a test, and it came back as either ILE or LSE. Gah!

He seems too hands-on and realistic to be an ILE, and too laid back to be an LSE…

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this youtuber could be a SLI.

You could say that this person studied all the parts of the song and made a research about how the song was made before making the video, but as it has been shown in some of his streams reacting to anime openings, it is seem that he is very capable of seeing all the layers and compositional techniques that structure the song in real time like if he had a chart in front his eyes that display the process behind the making of the song. Maybe it is due to his absolute pitch. He says he dislikes arrogant people who flex about their abilities as if he were better than anyone (it was in a Q&A where he mentioned a drummer who was kind of like the one in Whiplash, though not very intimidating). Sometimes he make some weird camera effects that are totally random, which feels very out of place because he doesn't usually do it (maybe Ne suggestive?).

What made me think that maybe he could be Si-leading is that recently he uploaded a video in which he said that he exposed to a musical genre he didn't like, but he ended up regretting it because he realized he had bruxism, it was provocated by it.
    Last edited by HeInin; 10-20-2023 at 04:09 PM.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Model A Socionics isn't consistent in a way that matches reality. (i.e. a person can have a Delta persona, seem XSTP and not XSTJ and be extroverted.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meliora View Post

The main thing that doesn't fit with SLI is that he can be very outgoing in a eccentric sort of way, i.e. he will start dancing badly in the middle of a house party, blurt out awkward and borderline offensive statements, get way too close with people he's just met, and generally has a very teenager sense of humour. I don't know any other SLIs who act this way - they all seem very refined and subdued.

Thoughts?
    Could be Creative subtype. The easiest way to learn about how people don't fit the sterotypical type description is DCNH. Subtype as a secondary development that partly masks the type at least superficially. I've met SLI-C who kindof fits what you just wrote. DCNH gives you a coherent explanation to this. All types can have these 4 subtypes, hence any type can seem outgoing or "introverted" etc. The main lesson is that type is not directly linked to behaviour, not always, because other things interfere. Only people with a very "pure" type will fit the basic type descriptions fully.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ip--> so yes.

Love their "ad-hoc" problem solving, but sometimes it seems that's all they want to do day-in and day-out. Its like just make a system for christs sakes why must everything be jimmy rigged constantly?

On the flip side, why do you constantly need to have things "just-so"?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Model A Socionics isn't consistent in a way that matches reality. (i.e. a person can have a Delta persona, seem XSTP and not XSTJ and be extroverted.
    Hence :

Daryl Dixon

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they can even be annoyingly talkative. Pay attention to the main mode of attention. One SLI I know goes on and on about things he builds and technology he likes/doesn't like, and explaining how it's used. It's kinda cute, just gets annoying when you want to take the conversation in a different direction

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, ne dual seeking ppl want to be seen as original and talented (not always super pronounced, but often is). Dual seeking can be like this.