Thread: Does Se PoLR hold EII back from talking action?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    ..........LII paying more attention to hierarchy than i do.......

.......need for more information, and such, which certainly holds me back from some forms of action, all the while being painfully aware of the passing of time which adds stress to the mix, which makes taking action even more difficult.......
    If knowing hierarchy is part of the job, then I can certainly understand it but I wouldn't equate it to say a LSI's comfort with hierarchy; on this aspect, LIIs and EIIs are typically about the same - they both use it for their purposes feigning adherence but underneath, wanting total independence from it. Lack of specific information can be a real stumbling block for many LIIs but most EIIs seem to perform far better in grey areas. EIIs seem to waver on buying or repairing some items but this typically seems to be more of an excuse to avoid uninteresting tasks - so for you, what other forms of action would be stalled?

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    ...LIIs and EIIs are typically about the same - they both use it for their purposes feigning adherence but underneath, wanting total independence from it.
    Yeah, at least for me that's true. I adhere to hierachy at work, but I can't stand hierachies. This can cause events at jobs that are frustrating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My feeling about degrees is, If you can do the job, you don't need a piece of paper from some third party who probably can't do the job himself, saying that you can do the job.
    Elon Musk has the same pov to this.

Degrees is an attempt or a way to solve the problem that esp. in bigger companies people has to hire people for work but people who hire people (staff manager) can't jugde for themselves if people are qualified for a job they apply for.
    In this light a degree is like outsourced conformation that somebody is qualified to do a job, at least from a theoretical pov.

But there are other aspects, like motivation or social skills that thats up to the person who person who hires people to judge.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 01-19-2020 at 02:02 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    If knowing hierarchy is part of the job, then I can certainly understand it but I wouldn't equate it to say a LSI's comfort with hierarchy; on this aspect, LIIs and EIIs are typically about the same - they both use it for their purposes feigning adherence but underneath, wanting total independence from it. Lack of specific information can be a real stumbling block for many LIIs but most EIIs seem to perform far better in grey areas. EIIs seem to waver on buying or repairing some items but this typically seems to be more of an excuse to avoid uninteresting tasks - so for you, what other forms of action would be stalled?

a.k.a. I/O
    If i understand you correctly, you seem to be saying that LSI is better at navigating (and even bending) hierarchy than other types? Sure, i don't have anything against that, but it seems somewhat remote to what I'm saying. Anyway, if you wish to discuss LSI we can start a new thread. Cheers

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    If i understand you correctly, you seem to be saying that LSI is better at navigating (and even bending) hierarchy than other types?..........
    Overall, Sj-types seem to be far more comfortable being part of the collective than are Nj-types although proportionally, a lot more of the latter seem to rise to the top........

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can, for me at least

All of what is already out there on Se PoLR (people can access and read) so I would rather not repeat that...

but I do think a part of it is the delicacy, subtlety and 'hooked in' nature of Fi (at least in EII) that not just doesn't want to be pushy or aggressive in any way (which is Se PoLR - yes I am soemwhat simplofying it) but relies on those said strengths to the degree we might assume others can see/detect/or operate on similar values, even if it might not be entirely realized

but ofc 'the world doesn't necessarily operate that way' (as some might say)