Thread: Does Se PoLR hold EII back from talking action?

Hybrid View

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Honestly as much of an excuse as it sounds like, to get in touch with my "will power" or ability to take "action" (Se as I understand it) without over over over thinking, or to just be more in my physical body, I either have to use alcohol or climb trees. I know it sounds weird but it's a PoLR and I imagine everybody has weird coping techniques to deal with the PoLR, either that or I'm just weird, and I doubt it's just me.

Anyway, climbing trees is obvious, I have to physically use my body to accomplish the task, the effort, force, and all that are unavoidable when climbing and it's a fun way for me to engage in my PoLR where I can stop engaging in on my own terms or experiment with it and control how much I am exposed to using it on my own terms, so my comfort levels with it are under my control. Much different when I am pressured with a confrontational situation or a must act now moment. In those I am either fucked or over reactive, which is the way of the PoLR and the wide pendulum swings it does. There are more EIIs that are productive than there are EIIs that live an inert live.

With alcohol, well any inhibitions surrounding the PoLR are weaker, so I can dare to be more risky and experiment with the dormant parts of myself, which is the most exciting thing to do when drunk anyway. It's like, you want to experience something new, well be someone you usually are not. SE! I don't even consciously think about it

Ok so then how the fuck am I supposed do to do anything about the PoLR if the mobilizing is BAD to use since it's against the PoLR. I def don't think Se PoLR is just about affecting other people, but also yourself when it comes to action, Te is fine for me, well not fine,I find my self not caring enough about it for sure, BUT, I can come up with efficient methods to do things, though I don't do actually do them, which is Se, the physical act of DOING something. My brain can come up with fast/efficient/expedient whatever Te organized effective way to do something all day, but effort, willpower, strength, force, all that, yea beats me. It's like Se PoLR is the fire extinguisher behind the glass, only break in emergencies. If I was about to be homeless, Se would just take over my body and do it's thing until that threat was dealt with, but in everyday life, Se is dormant and asleep and sometimes it feels like I have to completely change to do something about that. Feels completely unfair tbh, while other people get on with the lives.
    You seem to be putting words in my mouth that I never said, worse: you turn them upside down. We can talk about it until Kingdom Comes, but I have stated my views and I'll keep it at that. Anyone can make of it what they want, and either enjoy or suffer the consequences if they think I'm wrong. If any EII wants to force themselves into using one kind of Se or another against their natural inclinations, it's up to them to make it happen. The only thing I want to add at this point, is: procrastination is not a Socionics-related phenomenon, and procrastinating socionists should stop using Socionics to retionalize and externalize their condition. Their are more EIIs that are productive than EIIs who are inproductive on this Earth.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 12-31-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking