Thread: Base vs Creative subtype: Which is better?

Threaded View

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    I have an observation, not a conclusion:
    I have always noticed that Base subtypes are always getting caught up in their own world and are more mistrustful of people. When I say "caught up in their own world," I don't mean being caught up in world of fantasy. I mean that they are more likely to do things that they find "interesting," but not necessarily productive. In other words, they seem to think about their personal happiness and personal needs much more the creative subtype. I mind you, I am a creative subtype so my views may be bias, but on a number of occasions, I have perceived some of their actions to be selfish (not all the time, just more than the creative subtypes).

I believe this self-first principle they carry around makes them much less likely to achieve great success in society despite being quite capable in acquiring the skills to do so. There is a healthy sense of survivalism that comes along with this frame of mind. Maybe this itself as evidence to the argument that being a creative subtype is an artificial (unnatural) phenomenon of the human cognition (even though I don't think this myself).
    I understand what you say but do not quite agree.
    I recognized my past self a lot in the description of the EII creative subtype. I was bright on the outside and dead inside; I made everyone thought I was ok while I couldn’t bare anything. The most productive thing my brain was doing was to constantly imagine how my parents and loved ones would react if I would end me.
    So, instead of doing it, I decided to give myself a chance and stoped giving a s***; I said bye to school even though everyone told me not to, but of all the causes of my depression, school was the biggest.
    After getting rid of the bad, I started to look for the good, and personal growth helped me a lot on that one, especially personality theory, resulting on me, working on something that moves me, scriptwriting. Now I recognize myself more as a base subtype.

People can see me as selfish as they want; there is no way I’m going back to that time of my life.

By the way, happy new year!
    Last edited by Shiro; 01-07-2020 at 10:47 AM.