Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    See, that’s a hard question because I’m not always sure of it myself. My best guess would be: I hate feeling like I’m being controlled or told what to do. Therapists try to be objective and simply give what they call “advice” rather than calling it for what is; “just do this to fix your problem you fucking idiot”. Therein lies a huge issue with attempting to be objective, because everything has a subjective component whether you like it or not. Another thing: I have zero patience. A lot of what they teach you in CBT and ESPECIALLY DBT is skills you must spend many hours working on if you even remember what the fuck they were talking about lol.
    lol The emboldened sounds very dual seeking, which doesn't surprise me, seeing as how the personal issues/problems/dilemmas/obstacles that usually plague us most significantly are somehow concerned with our subconscious functions (oftentimes, due to a lack of access to them). As someone who has gone through many therapists (most of whom were rather talented NFs) and knows how hard it is to find one that truly resonates, the most effective ones I ever had were a much older, balanced identical and dual because they were best able to speak both my conscious and subconscious languages. The identical was more of an aspirational figure, showing me what I could become/achieve and the dual more inspirational, in that they provided the necessary psychological triggers to prompt me towards transformational change. I tend to think that everyone would most benefit from a form of "therapy" that directly engaged our preferred conscious and subconscious functions. The problem is, certain types are far more represented in mental health and pyschotherapy field than others, which means that some might have to find unconventional "therapists."

To illustrate, you ever hear of someone named David Goggins (dubbed The Toughest Man Alive)? I type him as LSI and his brand of "therapy" seems rather compatible with what you speak to in the emboldened above > he says shit like "motivation is crap" and "it's so easy to be great nowadays because everyone else is weak." lol He focuses a lot on mental toughness, fortifying the mind (via embracing suffering), and the importance of [subjective] self-talk/knowledge/reliance, all delivered in a concise, direct, no nonsense, imperatives seasoned with plenty of expletives. lol

I'm not suggesting that you listen to him, in particular, but just that there are folks out there, "therapists" of a sort, and optimally in the form of a dual perhaps, who might be able to speak to us and move us in a way that others can't (even if they're 'professionals' with PhDs). For me, it's all about finding the right person or else, it's a waste of time.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    lol The emboldened sounds very dual seeking, which doesn't surprise me, seeing as how the personal issues/problems/dilemmas/obstacles that usually plague us most significantly are somehow concerned with our subconscious functions (oftentimes, due to a lack of access to them). As someone who has gone through many therapists (most of whom were rather talented NFs) and knows how hard it is to find one that truly resonates, the most effective ones I ever had were a much older, balanced identical and dual because they were best able to speak both my conscious and subconscious languages. The identical was more of an aspirational figure, showing me what I could become/achieve and the dual more inspirational, in that they provided the necessary psychological triggers to prompt me towards transformational change. I tend to think that everyone would most benefit from a form of "therapy" that directly engaged our preferred conscious and subconscious functions. The problem is, certain types are far more represented in mental health and pyschotherapy field than others, which means that some might have to find unconventional "therapists."

To illustrate, you ever hear of someone named David Goggins (dubbed The Toughest Man Alive)? I type him as LSI and his brand of "therapy" seems rather compatible with what you speak to in the emboldened above > he says shit like "motivation is crap" and "it's so easy to be great nowadays because everyone else is weak." lol He focuses a lot on mental toughness, fortifying the mind (via embracing suffering), and the importance of [subjective] self-talk/knowledge/reliance, all delivered in a concise, direct, no nonsense, imperatives seasoned with plenty of expletives. lol

I'm not suggesting that you listen to him, in particular, but just that there are folks out there, "therapists" of a sort, and optimally in the form of a dual perhaps, who might be able to speak to us and move us in a way that others can't (even if they're 'professionals' with PhDs). For me, it's all about finding the right person or else, it's a waste of time.
    Interesting! I didn’t even see myself dual seeking in that sentence but after you bolded it I see it. I guess it’s just that deeply embedded for people. But yeah, his form of therapy is exactly what breaks through to me. There is no such thing as a fully fleshed out character who has never been in any sort of traumatic event. Every great story has the part where the protagonist feels hopeless about the state of affair. Anyways, I think every therapist I’ve had was most likely NF or close to it, though one I could see as either LIE or EIE; he wasn’t good for me because we would spend the whole hour joking about shit and it was never serious. My first one (I was 12!) was probably an IEI who was into hypnotism. Another one could have been some sort of Fi base and she inadvertently called me crazy.

Therapy can be beneficial to “neurotypical” people, too.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚