Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    But dating is hard! Look at @Adam Strange ; so many years and he still hasn’t found an ESI wife. What if I end up like that?? Though, hmm, my mother has tried to set me up with girls, lots of whom were ESE. Seems to have thought they’d be a good match for me. I could ask her to do that — “hey Mom, can you try to set me up with someone who’s a lot like you?”
    Any particular reason you are hard avoiding dating a woman like your mother? Lol. You don't have to answer right away. Take your time to think about it.

As for why I still haven't found an ESI wife:
    It has only been about three or four years since I learned of the concept of duality, and I only confirmed it to my satisfaction in the last year or so. Before the end of the last LSI GF experience, I wasn't sure that Socionics was able to predict ITR's. Now I'm convinced that it can, at least within the expected error bars.
    It has also taken me the standard four years to get over a long marriage. Almost everyone has a "rebound" stage after a relationship ends.

And now that I'm awake and thinking clearly, I find me here on the cold hill's side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdTp1d8SZVI

And it's not as if I haven't found Duals that I would marry. I think I could get along very nicely with several of the women that I have met. However, the Duals whom I have met have been too young or too ignorant of what they need, just as I was, to consider me seriously.

And the Duals who do seem to be willing to look at me are very old. Most of them have not aged well. I mean, I loved my ESI grandmother, but I didn't want to marry her.

I've also gotten more particular as I've aged. I was married to my ex-wife for many years, and I remember thinking in those first few years that I was the luckiest man in the world. But I wouldn't marry her today, because of all the things I've learned since then. La Belle Dame Sans Merci, indeed.

So you, Freelance, are in a better position now than I was then. You both know what the theory says, and you have the opportunity to put the theory into practice with a wide selection of desirable mates, who are also into you.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Any particular reason you are hard avoiding dating a woman like your mother? Lol. You don't have to answer right away. Take your time to think about it.
    Lol. Isn't that something women complain about -- when their husbands treat them like their mothers? I'd hate to be a bad husband! But seriously, there are reasons I wouldn't much like to date "a woman like my mother", that go beyond being ESE.

I've also gotten more particular as I've aged. I was married to my ex-wife for many years, and I remember thinking in those first few years that I was the luckiest man in the world. But I wouldn't marry her today, because of all the things I've learned since then. La Belle Dame Sans Merci, indeed.
    I forget; what went wrong in your relationship?

So you, Freelance, are in a better position now than I was then. You both know what the theory says, and you have the opportunity to put the theory into practice with a wide selection of desirable mates, who are also into you.
    Lol, maybe. But I like my SEI. Our relationship is generally OK; we just need time apart occasionally. Maybe I'll just get a second girlfriend. I've been considering it for a while. It sounds like a fantastic idea, and I'm surprised more people haven't had it.