Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Duals can sometimes be quite rude to each other. Especially Se valuers. There is not much need to hold back and pretend, they make each other too comfortable for that.
    I can buy that. Thanks.

For the record, I've typed my girlfriend as SEI and one of my professors ILE. When I talk about my day to my girlfriend, she often gets surprisingly firm opinions about different experiences I bring up, even if I'm fairly neutral toward them -- she actually seems to care more about what happens in my daily life than I do. Anyway, I generally like this professor, though he's pretty idiosyncratic, and getting precise guidelines for assignments can feel like pulling teeth. After the first or second time I talked about him to my girlfriend, she seemed to take an immediate dislike of him, and I'd guess this is generally because she feels he's too inconsiderate of students, and/or unintentionally rude. She actually met him once, and spoke to him for about twenty seconds, and this just confirmed her opinion of him. Often when I mention him again, something in what I say seems to make her annoyed, and she'll tell me again, point-blank, that she doesn't like him, and give me a new reason why she doesn't.

Interestingly, I have another professor I type ILE, and she almost adores him. She has almost the opposite reaction when I mention him. She's also met him once, for what that's worth.

I might just be typing everyone wrong; who knows? I am pretty sure the first professor is ILE, and I really doubt I've mistyped him. My girlfriend I think is clearly Ti/Fe valuing. If I've mistyped her, I think it would be on the Si/Se axis; SLE would actually be my next guess for her -- she generally does well in Se-intensive environments. That said, she cries really easily and is pretty emotional as a rule, so unless I have a completely mistaken idea of what female SLEs tend to be like, I don't know what else she'd be. And she's said that various SEI type descriptions fit well.
    @Hermit Soul, thanks for the response. I don't think Inuyasha is a show I'd be very interested in watching though.

Edit: @flames & @lynn, thanks for your responses too. lynn, I take it there must be some reason for that feeling? Surely you can't dislike them for absolutely no reason...

flames, I think ESEs and SEEs are the easiest types to tell apart after, at most, a minute-long conversation with them. They think and talk pretty differently IMO, though maybe everyone thinks that of their dual and the dual's quasi-identical/their conflictor. What would you say ILIs dislike about SEEs? I think I can guess, because I think the dynamic is somewhat similar to that between an ESE and LII, but I'm curious if you have other thoughts.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I can buy that. Thanks.

For the record, I've typed my girlfriend as SEI and one of my professors ILE. When I talk about my day to my girlfriend, she often gets surprisingly firm opinions about different experiences I bring up, even if I'm fairly neutral toward them -- she actually seems to care more about what happens in my daily life than I do. Anyway, I generally like this professor, though he's pretty idiosyncratic, and getting precise guidelines for assignments can feel like pulling teeth. After the first or second time I talked about him to my girlfriend, she seemed to take an immediate dislike of him, and I'd guess this is generally because she feels he's too inconsiderate of students, and/or unintentionally rude. She actually met him once, and spoke to him for about twenty seconds, and this just confirmed her opinion of him. Often when I mention him again, something in what I say seems to make her annoyed, and she'll tell me again, point-blank, that she doesn't like him, and give me a new reason why she doesn't.

Interestingly, I have another professor I type ILE, and she almost adores him. She has almost the opposite reaction when I mention him. She's also met him once, for what that's worth.

I might just be typing everyone wrong; who knows? I am pretty sure the first professor is ILE, and I really doubt I've mistyped him. My girlfriend I think is clearly Ti/Fe valuing. If I've mistyped her, I think it would be on the Si/Se axis; SLE would actually be my next guess for her -- she generally does well in Se-intensive environments. That said, she cries really easily and is pretty emotional as a rule, so unless I have a completely mistaken idea of what female SLEs tend to be like, I don't know what else she'd be. And she's said that various SEI type descriptions fit well.
    @Hermit Soul, thanks for the response. I don't think Inuyasha is a show I'd be very interested in watching though.

Edit: @flames & @lynn, thanks for your responses too. lynn, I take it there must be some reason for that feeling? Surely you can't dislike them for absolutely no reason...

flames, I think ESEs and SEEs are the easiest types to tell apart after, at most, a minute-long conversation with them. They think and talk pretty differently IMO, though maybe everyone thinks that of their dual and the dual's quasi-identical/their conflictor. What would you say ILIs dislike about SEEs? I think I can guess, because I think the dynamic is somewhat similar to that between an ESE and LII, but I'm curious if you have other thoughts.
    I find that ILIs are quick to wave someone off for just one characteristic they dislike. And with SEEs, they are easily irritated by a peppy attitude and a tendency to overindulge in vices. But the truth is that ESE is the one with the constant peppy attitude, not SEE. I agree SEE and ESE are quite different.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can buy that. Thanks.

I don't really think of duality in terms of like / dislike. It is a psychological compatibility, and that compatibility is there no matter what our personal view of the person is. A very mysterious thing if one doesn't know socionics.

Subtype also matters.

That being said. I think it's hard to really dislike a dual once you get to know them and spend time together. But it is always easy to see their flaws.

I've had very bizarre experiences breaking up with duals, or actually they broke up with me. By all normal standards we should be arguing, but instead we are cuddling and even joking. It's like the compatibility is living a life of it's own.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lynn, I take it there must be some reason for that feeling? Surely you can't dislike them for absolutely no reason...
    there's actually no reason, just small things which i don't appreciate accumulating so that we simply don't vibe well. that makes it even more difficult to bridge the distance. i keep seeing her weak spots in a negative light, rather than compensating for it in interaction like duality relations are supposed to.

edit: also mismatched subtype