Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
I think the depth psychologists are kinda right and wrong here. Duality makes you dependent to some degree but also allows you to develop your strengths which makes you more desirable. So you become kinda dependent and independent at the same time. That's the nature of real interdependence and mutuality. Your dual is the food from which your ego is born.

Sure, separation causes anxiety and you have to learn to do some things on your own that they did for you, but with a strong and whole ego that's been supported and balanced, you're more likely to succeed. In other words, you leave prepared and on good terms ready to face life.
Well, I am obviously more negative about duality than you. I don't think duals make you grow. They keep you balanced as long as they are present. In therapy it is problematic because the patient needs to develop and solve his problems himself. The dual will just give you the illusion that problems have been solved, but they haven't. When you are on your own again the spell is broken and nothing has changed.

The thing is that you are not prepared after being with a dual. When you are with a dual you are not even aware of your type weaknesses that much. Duality is a bliss. It's kindof like paradise.

I know that duality can feel great and all that, so in that way it can have a positive impact.