Had one or two conversations with an ESI shrink, she wanted to date me, should have done it, but was not ready for relationships this time (maybe she should have worked a bit with me before) chemistry was great, from sexual to psychological, she just did not get me speaking in abstractions which could have been interesting material to analyze from a socionics POV, but i did not know it this time.
She was also very impressed about my thinking style and style of operating in general, i guess this kind of setting just brings a close personal distance into the game were duality becomes obvious.

Had another one being ESI or maybe EII/LSI, was also very wholesome.

Then i had this EII woman, she basically castrated me for Delta values and told me i had BPD instead of letting me accept my giftedness which the ESI before put a great effort into.
She propably even got the BPD idea from myself because my Te suggesitive was just too convincing to her, bad basis for this if you tend to think of yourself as ill because of a former 'Münchausen by Proxy' treatment.
Still cause a lot of damage to me, trying to reconcile me with abusive people, automatically taking my ex gfs side and low key guilting me into admitting that 'the relationship was harmful for both of us' instead of naming it as her being abusive and working on fixing that damage.
So yes, she sucked, i should have fucked the first ESI and for some of them i do not have their types and it is to long ago.

So to stay on topic, i think same Quadra Relationships in general are the best, they are symmetric and you share valued functions and values in general.
A therapist from another quadra will most likely steer you into that direction and there is a risk of you being in a asymmetric relationship with them which makes the intearaction potentially more harmful and/or less effective depending on who is in the weaker position.