Thread: Patient-psychotherapist relationship

Threaded View

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a very interesting concept.

Of the counselors I’ve been able to type, I’ve had ILI-Ni, IEE-Ne, and possibly ESI-Fi.

I got along the best with ESI, although we didn’t actually do much therapy lol. we had more coffee conversations than anything else.

The ILI was probably the best one as she both listened with care and shared techniques with me. I didn’t get a ton out of our sessions though, so I moved on.

The IEE was the therapist from hell. She seemed nice initially but then talked over me and invalidated me until I was red in the face and asked to leave.

My opinion on the best intertypes for therapy?

It depends on what you’re in need of.

Most often if you’re in therapy, you’re in need of psychological relief. And for that, a healthy dual is impeccable. An even-subtype mirror may be good as well (I.e. I’m EII-Ne, so an even mirror for me would be IEE-Fi).

Or you may be trying to understand what your issues are, or what’s at their root. For that, an identical, a lookalike, or a contrary may help. I added Contrary because although they are in the opposite quadra, they understand you on the dimension of rationality and their thought process is complementary to your own (which matters more than you might think!). That plus similar strengths and understanding in my experience puts them in a good position for a healthy therapy relation.

Or you’re looking to understand what’s going on in an acquaintance or loved one’s head. In general, intuitive types are likely to have a plethora of insight on this due to their natural leaning toward figuring out what makes people tick. However, you may also be looking for efficient ways to deal with people you find difficult, in which case a dual or even-subtype illusionary can psychologically fortify you.

Or maybe you just want someone to talk to, and vent. For this, I’m inclined to say Illusionary or Beneficiary. Make sure you got a good subtype though.

Lastly, if you’re in need of some good advice that takes more than your own worldview into account, I’m inclined to say try looking for a semi-dual or benefactor.

I write this based on my own experiences, so take with a grain of salt. ☺️
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 08-23-2020 at 01:05 AM.