Thread: Patient-psychotherapist relationship

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The best therapist I had was probably my Activity partner. I liked her criticisms of me, she wasn't too nice and sweet but she also wasn't a total sadistic asshole either like so many the-rape-ists.

Many therapists just enjoy being around vulnerable people that need help because they like preying on them. (under the societal illusion that they are 'helping' but really they are just throwing tampons at Carrie with the other girls.) It's a predatory-prey relationship where they get off on you being so honest and open and vulnerable with them but they don't tell you really anything weak about themselves, or the shit they do say is just blue-pill PC crap that protects only them and their career and is never a TRUE vulnerability - that's why I dislike most therapy.

However I understand that a therapist needs to be more closed off and less open with you and more uh detached or something/as that's kind of a balancing ground for the therapy to actually work. There has to be a top and bottom, so to speak. You are there for therapy after all, you are not there to make a friend or just have somebody agree with you and not challenge you. So I won't say I even liked the LSI I had all that much, but I disliked her the least out of all the others. <g>

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    The best therapist I had was probably my Activity partner. I liked her criticisms of me, she wasn't too nice and sweet but she also wasn't a total sadistic asshole either like so many the-rape-ists.

Many therapists just enjoy being around vulnerable people that need help because they like preying on them. (under the societal illusion that they are 'helping' but really they are just throwing tampons at Carrie with the other girls.) It's a predatory-prey relationship where they get off on you being so honest and open and vulnerable with them but they don't tell you really anything weak about themselves, or the shit they do say is just blue-pill PC crap that protects only them and their career and is never a TRUE vulnerability - that's why I dislike most therapy.

However I understand that a therapist needs to be more closed off and less open with you and more uh detached or something/as that's kind of a balancing ground for the therapy to actually work. There has to be a top and bottom, so to speak. You are there for therapy after all, you are not there to make a friend or just have somebody agree with you and not challenge you. So I won't say I even liked the LSI I had all that much, but I disliked her the least out of all the others. <g>
    So true. Therapy is like an opportunity for endless narcissistic supply. You have someone in the palm of your hand who has already been broken and because of the nature of the relationship has to basically open up to a stranger and be vulnerable to them. It's a recipe for disaster because the client has weak defenses and the therapist doesn't have to be vulnerable themselves. The therapist occupies a position of authority also.

And yeah the false front of "trying to help" while being thrown to the dogs. I'm familiar with that one. Sometimes think you're better off with Cujo than these little Umbridges. At least everyone knows Cujo is out to get you.