Thread: Typology Random Thoughts

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by on a peaceful hiatus View Post
    I think the conservatism just comes from people wanting to go back to the basics where there aren't "contradictions" from other users so to speak and it seems mostly to be people who are more on the conservative side anyway. they probably get annoyed at my IEI typings hehe. I'm personally really tired of all these models because everyone describes the same thing in a slightly different way and if it originally had a lot of flaws I don't think that you are going to improve it much by putting another coat of paint on it. there's a general lack of access to socionics theory I guess and the only western person that really comes to mind is Jack who also just happens to be a conservative. oh well
    The republicans wanted to end slavery and they were hung in the streets. Did you know that? They're just anti-government

I'm independent and I voted for Biden. Mistake.

I'm not annoyed with your IEI typings. I think you're mentally ill.

Now all the Dems say"ooohhhh it's switched now" snakes.
    Last edited by chriscorey; 04-20-2024 at 04:39 AM.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe put down the bottle again.

I didn't mean conservative in the political sense, although beliefs and thoughts probably allign. I rather meant that people who use Model A prefer to stick to old concepts instead of inventing something themselves. Despite being intuitive, Jack sticks to the "tried and tested" method of using outdated classical socionics. His approach is not to create new knowledge, but to make a business out of typology. For having an "inventor" type, he sure isn't inventing a lot. People look at typology and many believe conservatives are ST or something. I say these temperaments exist in each type and they affect how others get along regardless of ITR. I would even say it's better when people are similar from a temperament perspective, because I think some IEI get quite a lot of anxiety from thinking that their dual is some aggressive conservative.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a thing about the word "We" and the way people use it which is no less than fascinating. That world is to me the ultimate word of projection, that is to say the projection of our worldview onto others. The world "We" is according to socionics a world of the Super-Ego, it's a word of the Mental Ring. Of course, using it doesn't always point to information stemming from the Mental Ring, for instance on can use it formally as a subject according to rules of grammar, or using the royal "We" etc.. Nonetheless, more often than not when we use the word "we" in the absolute, we are referring to the "socion" i.e. society itself.

"We" as a group of humans in a given society or group are surely somewhat the same (of course that's a Mental Ring biased assumption). This idea is one of the most fundamental idea at the core of socionics. It's an Idea that I would qualify as of anthropological magnitude. This simple idea that we project our worldview onto everybody (we all strive for the same things, we all obey to a certain unwritten laws that we dare not transgress in public etc...) is a factor that if not taking into account can falsify the nature of truth and the reality of the human experience.

Here is an example ; in the scientific community the word 'we" is often used when they talk about the brain and the human condition.

However, if you listen to scientifics of different sociotypes they will describe the same phenomena occurring within our brain differently, they will even give you different reasons and interpretations but using the same "we" and therefore allude to a certain universality, something common to every human being. This bias in the scientific community is particularly visible in theoretical fields and soft sciences (like psychology !). Incidentally, these domains are constantly improved, some ideas get obsolete others come back to life and some are invented in the light of new discoveries.

Indeed, it is a basic truth of the human condition, that when we have reached the confine of our perception of the world without reaching a satisfying understanding of it, imagination takes over and tries to give coherence and satisfying understanding of things, and so the Gods were born, and so one day we were at the center of universe and another day we were in the middle of nowhere at the mercy of forces even the Gods couldn't fathom...

And so in another order of ideas, one can ask why is it that Psychoanalysis with all its flaws still practiced even today as if it was flawless ? One might believe that where there is a village, there is a Church. People believe in it (whatever "it" is), some believe in its curative power while others believe no less in its lucrative power...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hemingway is typed SLE mostly, and yes he does use metaphor, but it is very real and raw and the intention is in the grist to draw the reader in. It is very sensory, living in the real moments, right now, and nothing is framed across time in NF speak. In my book.

ESTp's are in the real moments of life, and they can be artistically talented like any other type. I don't buy depth = N.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one would think that the author of a book in which the main character Santiago spends eighty five days fishing alone in the wide sea would be an introvert but I guess not.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    Hemingway is typed SLE mostly, and yes he does use metaphor, but it is very real and raw and the intention is in the grist to draw the reader in. It is very sensory, living in the real moments, right now, and nothing is framed across time in NF speak. In my book.

ESTp's are in the real moments of life, and they can be artistically talented like any other type. I don't buy depth = N.
    Fun fact: Even though Hemingway never wrote the microfiction "For sales. Baby shoes. Never worn."... it actually is a condensed summary of a real short story he wrote, titled "Hills Like White Elephants".

"Hills Like White Elephants" by Ernest Hemingway - Wikisource
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't really read Ernest Hemingway but how he keeps repeating things is interesting because I've noticed I do it as well. Don't know what to make of it.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think typology will never succeed because the damage is already done. Science people are NT, Conservatives are ST, there's just too many stereotypes in the minds of people you just won't get rid of them and they are likely all inaccurate bs

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post

Lyrics of an SEE in spoiler.

Gold Dust Woman (2004 Remaster)

Song by Fleetwood Mac

Lyrics

Rock on, Gold Dust Woman
    Take your silver spoon, dig your grave
    Heartless challenge
    Pick your path and I'll pray
    Wake up in the morning
    See your sunrise, loves to go down
    Lousy lovers pick their prey
    But they never cry out loud, cry out
    Well, did she make you cry
    Make you break down
    Shatter your illusions of love?
    And is it over now, do you know how?
    Pick up the pieces and go home
    Rock on, ancient queen
    Follow those who pale in your shadow
    Rulers make bad lovers
    You better put your kingdom up for sale
    Up for sale
    Well, did she make you cry
    Make you break down
    And is it over now, do you know how?
    Pick up the pieces and go home
    But did she make you cry
    Make you break down
    And now tell me, is it over now?
    Do you know how to pick up the pieces
    And go home? Go home, go home
    Pale shadow of a woman
    Black widow
    Pale shadow of a dragon
    Dust woman
    Pale shadow of a woman
    Black widow
    Pale shadow, she's a dragon
    Gold Dust Woman
    Woman, woman

It is metaphor but in sensory frames, not intuition in abstractions, like Roger Waters, or John Lennon, for example, where ideas of a thing flourish.

Song writer is Stevie Nicks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some examples of LSE-H

https://daddygulenko4life.blogspot.c...criptions.html

I like the description/vibes quite a bit

No wonder I have been drawn to SLIs too lol given this

can def feel the lack of certain aspects of compatibility with Normalizing types doesn’t matter if they are in my quadra but again one aspect is not necessarily going to break a relationship

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“So the Sexual Instinct becomes run by a fear of being undesirable, not just in terms of appearance, but being un-”fusible,” unchosen, and repulsive. ”

wow so what I have been saying for an entire half od my life even before I encountered the enneagram, ok
    it was never about appearance, even though people interpret as such
    and it was not about "so and so love you platonically though" either
    because that was not what I was seeking

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BF loves to write out all my imagery I spew out for me:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...8dfa1eae76e33&

Karas mental visualization

Feel and see in mind the concept of energy form, difficult to put in words

Energy of a dreamy floaty innocent deep girl that can't put into words

Floating over to me, me and you are sitting on this thing in the sky, and it's moving

Me as a frequency with properties, wise, deep, emotional, girl, floaty

She personifies floating
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A had an anniversary not long ago here at 16T, and what was my impression, a year ago?

Well, i came here assuredly as an ESTP, thinking super ego enhanced, moving into being an intuitive in ILE form, in a short while. There was a female ILE that helped along the way with similar Si problems in staking vectors for true north in type. You can get lost in walking in the types with little data on hand, par for the course with low sensing.

When i was getting intuitive takes on my type, i was thinking EIE as more possible over ILE, more from my poetic flare. Riven stated that yeah, but you don't feel it. Then it shifted to where she said maybe, you just might be ethical.

Sol gave 3 options: EIE,ILE, IEE. nifl thought flower power in language = N. Coruleum Blue typed me ILE in passing, i recall.

I think IEE is solid for me. I can't see it another way.