Thread: Typology Random Thoughts

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The reason types can't be translated from one system to another is because how people relate to the constituent parts of a type can differ greatly.

Remember, types are broad categories. Just because someone is LII doesn't really mean they are rational, it just means they are "introverted Ti Ne users to a high enough degree that rationality/irrationality is an irrelevant dichotomy".

You have to scale things in order of importance, not just disregard a type because it has a misplaced dichotomy or IE.

//end Ti activation

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Both SEEs yesterday said the EIE boss scared them at first. To blend in, I told them about how when I met him for the first time, he looked me up and down and threw his head in the air. They were like, "I know! He's so judgemental!" But I kept it to myself that I was actually amused and charmed. It was obviously playful sassiness, lol.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I interact with people as if they are very discrete beings. I think it’s particular to me, but also stronger for my sociotype.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    The reason types can't be translated from one system to another is because how people relate to the constituent parts of a type can differ greatly.

Remember, types are broad categories. Just because someone is LII doesn't really mean they are rational, it just means they are "introverted Ti Ne users to a high enough degree that rationality/irrationality is an irrelevant dichotomy".

You have to scale things in order of importance, not just disregard a type because it has a misplaced dichotomy or IE.

//end Ti activation
    Some posts on here make me feel like I'm Ti polr and this is a good example.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard people here say that "SEEs are fun". But many SEEs are boring, especially if they are normalizing subtype.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

During the holidays now, I sometimes feel this echo from the Christmases past when I was living with my parents in their very Delta house. I'd be surrounded by red and green and gold Christmas decorations and presents under the lighted Christmas tree and my mother and grandmother would be cooking all day long, the smell of turkey and ham in the air, candles flickering on the set table in the formal dining room under the shimmering cut glass chandelier, and my little sisters still in their pajamas, Christmas music playing and my father reading the paper and smoking his pipe and I'd be feeling trapped and claustrophobic.

I was caught in an Si nightmare and it lasted for days, until I could return to school and to the clarity of math and physics.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an IEI friend tell me that he’s been a little sad ever since I “debunked” what he (and many strong Ni users and especially valuers) frequently experience as “synchronicity (a term coined by Jung to mean ‘meaningful coincidences’ or ‘acausal parallelism’),” which in other words is just really heightened pattern recognition–this is one of the ways in which Ni can seem “mystical” or “magical” because it naturally weaves together and connects the Se dots/data points in order to find trends, a hidden/deeper meaning and significance concerning a “bigger picture”; and once these patterns have been assigned a certain truth (as an archetype) value, it then becomes difficult to not see the patterns wherever and whenever they emerge, regardless of the context in which they occur (which makes it seem as if they are appearing out of nowhere).

My friend is an IEI that comes from a very skeptical, logic oriented society and family background and so he was never really personally inclined to believe that he was “mystical” in some way, even though he often experienced phenomena that he couldn’t explain and that, deep down, did allow his inner nerd to feel a bit “magical.” And on a certain level, I relate because learning about Ni completely did away with my temporary fascination with new thought philosophical shit like “the law of attraction” because essentially that’s nothing more than tuning your brain to find the preferred patterns you want to see, which can cause you to move steadfastly towards (Se) actualizing them and nobody does that better than strong Ni users.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    I had an IEI friend tell me that he’s been a little sad ever since I “debunked” what he (and many strong Ni users and especially valuers) frequently experience as “synchronicity (a term coined by Jung to mean ‘meaningful coincidences’ or ‘acausal parallelism’),” which in other words is just really heightened pattern recognition–this is one of the ways in which Ni can seem “mystical” or “magical” because it naturally weaves together and connects the Se dots/data points in order to find trends, a hidden/deeper meaning and significance concerning a “bigger picture”; and once these patterns have been assigned a certain truth (as an archetype) value, it then becomes difficult to not see the patterns wherever and whenever they emerge, regardless of the context in which they occur (which makes it seem as if they are appearing out of nowhere).

My friend is an IEI that comes from a very skeptical, logic oriented society and family background and so he was never really personally inclined to believe that he was “mystical” in some way, even though he often experienced phenomena that he couldn’t explain and that, deep down, did allow his inner nerd to feel a bit “magical.” And on a certain level, I relate because learning about Ni completely did away with my temporary fascination with new thought philosophical shit like “the law of attraction” because essentially that’s nothing more than tuning your brain to find the preferred patterns you want to see, which can cause you to move steadfastly towards (Se) actualizing them and nobody does that better than strong Ni users.
    Man, I wish there were a “Periodt” button along constructive and like. mu4 I know you’re reading this and this could become a marketing win for every social media, let’s put 16types on the map for doing it first! But shit, I was not phased one bit by this post because I had already realized all of this myself. It took maybe up until the last two years for me to debunk my own Ni with Ni. When there’s nothing left to recognize on the outside, what else is there to do but recognize how you recognize it (and yes, I’m skipping straight from recognizing outside to recognizing the process, rather than recognizing the internal in between because fuck them feelings - I’ll take my 7 fix extra large with a side of Sp last. )

Before I became aware of this, I had no idea of how to explain Ni or even what it WAS. I spent years wondering “What the fuck? Is Ni? Why is nobody explaining it in real terms like every other stinking function we know? Why is it so special?” - these thoughts lead to my many mistypes: Every Ne ego type, but mostly IEE for a very long time and Gamma SF. I knew my Si was too shit for an Si ego. But it’s like, I mistyped for such a long time because I could not see the process I was always using, that was right in front of my face, WAS Ni. Because NOBODY seemed to know how to put it into words - especially people who were typing as Ni ego but really weren’t. It was the types I was avoiding all along that I was in the ballpark of (I’m not counting Si ego types, which I was also avoiding, because if you know anything about me you know my Si is shit and I could talk all day about it.).

So thank you very much for that post. I have spoken of pattern recognition and significance in private but was never able to explain the full deal as well as you just did. BTW I have never related to any LIE more than I have to you, maybe consider the beta dark side? JK, it is clear you’re a logical type. Maybe the issue is that other LIEs around these parts are not LIE...

I have only related this highly to Beta NFs in my life.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Both SEEs yesterday said the EIE boss scared them at first. To blend in, I told them about how when I met him for the first time, he looked me up and down and threw his head in the air. They were like, "I know! He's so judgemental!" But I kept it to myself that I was actually amused and charmed. It was obviously playful sassiness, lol.
    The irony is that they’re probably way more judgmental inside.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I've heard people here say that "SEEs are fun". But many SEEs are boring, especially if they are normalizing subtype.
    You’re definitely hanging around the wrong SEEs then. They are the most fun people I’ve met in my life, save for SLE which is way more fun. But SEE is fun too!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo you're absolutely right. I AM boring. At least, it's hard for me to advertise the fact that I'm not boring... because I simply don't see the need to. I'll only get fun in specific situations with specific people, lol. But when I get fun I get real fun, lol.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post

//end Ti activation
    Ok. If it’s not about dichotomies or IE, then what’s important? What’s this order of importance look like? Do you have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    Some posts on here make me feel like I'm Ti polr and this is a good example.
    If the main course is fulfilling, one can skip the word salad.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    If the main course is fulfilling, one can skip the word salad.
    That makes more sense to me. Dziękuie, pany profesuuuuur.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    Man, I wish there were a “Periodt” button along constructive and like. mu4 I know you’re reading this and this could become a marketing win for every social media, let’s put 16types on the map for doing it first! But shit, I was not phased one bit by this post because I had already realized all of this myself. It took maybe up until the last two years for me to debunk my own Ni with Ni. When there’s nothing left to recognize on the outside, what else is there to do but recognize how you recognize it (and yes, I’m skipping straight from recognizing outside to recognizing the process, rather than recognizing the internal in between because fuck them feelings - I’ll take my 7 fix extra large with a side of Sp last. )

Before I became aware of this, I had no idea of how to explain Ni or even what it WAS. I spent years wondering “What the fuck? Is Ni? Why is nobody explaining it in real terms like every other stinking function we know? Why is it so special?” - these thoughts lead to my many mistypes: Every Ne ego type, but mostly IEE for a very long time and Gamma SF. I knew my Si was too shit for an Si ego. But it’s like, I mistyped for such a long time because I could not see the process I was always using, that was right in front of my face, WAS Ni. Because NOBODY seemed to know how to put it into words - especially people who were typing as Ni ego but really weren’t. It was the types I was avoiding all along that I was in the ballpark of (I’m not counting Si ego types, which I was also avoiding, because if you know anything about me you know my Si is shit and I could talk all day about it.).

So thank you very much for that post. I have spoken of pattern recognition and significance in private but was never able to explain the full deal as well as you just did. BTW I have never related to any LIE more than I have to you, maybe consider the beta dark side? JK, it is clear you’re a logical type. Maybe the issue is that other LIEs around these parts are not LIE...

I have only related this highly to Beta NFs in my life.
    But I do often regard myself as some kind of twisted/fun house mirror/dark sided NF, and so, thank you. Lol LIE-Ni has accentuated (read: strong, energetically imbalanced, behavioral manifestations of) Ni/Ne and Fi/Fe (which means that I’m more cognitively aware of/attuned to ethics, even if I’m still not the best at differentiating information on those aspects). I’ve always been kinda NT “spergerish” when it comes to my awkward relationship with people/social customs/ethics but I acknowledged this early on and sought to understand and correct that deficit–I ran towards Fi/Fe matters (e.g., psychology, mental health, self-help) and not away from them.

I also have a 3 fix and so being self aware (i.e., image conscious), behaviorally adaptable and chameleon-like are tools I frequently access. At my best, I’d say I’m more of the Tony Robbins (life coachy, invested in helping others realize/actualize their potential) breed of LIE, who is frequently mistyped as EIE or SEE due to his energy, intensity and ham fisted (which, in part, exposes him as not an ethical type) utilization of ethics. I’ve accumulated about 8 strong mentors throughout my life, half of whom are IEE or EIE, because I aspire to their levels of Fi/Fe transformative greatness.

One of my best friends is an EIE 2w3 sx/so and we originally bonded over our headstrong, ambitious outlooks, wanting to help (read: lead, save, protect, rescue) others (via Te and Fe, respectively) to the point of being martyrs, being “turnt” and “messy” AF when we decide to let loose (which lands us in hot water), always sucking the air right out of a room for better or worse, and lamenting the ways in which being wishy washy “victim” types (alongside that sx/so ‘I belong to the cause so I can’t only belong to you even though I kinda want to but I still need to be free’ shit) will keep us from ever having long lasting, consistently happy relationships. Lol And yeah, you vibe to me in a similar way.

And another thing on Ni, because an ENXj uses Ni "creatively" with higher D Se (compared to an INXp), that allows us to be more cognizant of the Se data points within the environment and how they influence our perception, and so Ni’s products/predictions don't seem as mystical, conjured or "pulled from nowhere." INXp types with 1D Se tend to be more disconnected from the "here and now" but that doesn't mean that they aren't still subconsciously accumulating data from the "here and now," which is what ultimately leads to the "I knew it, but how did I know it?" conundrum, thereby creating a sense of otherworldly knowing.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    You’re definitely hanging around the wrong SEEs then. They are the most fun people I’ve met in my life, save for SLE which is way more fun. But SEE is fun too!
    Yes there are SEEs who are fun, I've met them myself, but there are fun people of many types. And many are not that fun at all. I suspect that when typing people it's easy to ignore the normalizing subtype so it gets excluded from the general picture of the type.

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    @Tallmo you're absolutely right. I AM boring. At least, it's hard for me to advertise the fact that I'm not boring... because I simply don't see the need to. I'll only get fun in specific situations with specific people, lol. But when I get fun I get real fun, lol.
    I don't mean to target SEEs as boring, it's just that SEEs seem to be both fun and boring just like many other types. Being fun is more related to subtype I think.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As people have commented me being on drugs or psychotic or just plain weird I have taken an approach to tell them that do not expect conventionality, organization out of me. I can be trusted like being there but I do my own thing. Kind of funny as I was rated highly trusted in terms of following principles of being functional but all people say that I do not belong here and my style is just what it is. Hell, I do not belong anywhere.

Example:
    When I used inscribed angle to solve an integral I caused lots of confusion but it was right.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    Yeah, this has "serious" quadra written all over it (all the things I love) > preference for small, intimate groups with Fi vetted individuals where one on one engagement is possible; don't really give a fuck about noticing and adapting to the emotional background/landscape; preference for more subdued displays of emotion with a penchant for irony and sarcasm but can turn up if authentically inclined to do so; are not put off by the discussion of personal or serious topics and are adept at modulating tone and demeanor accordingly.

How are you when it comes to meeting/being introduced to new people? Theoretically, serious quadras prefer to engage at the psychological distance in a manner appropriate to the context, which means that the context (and the subsequent 'rules' of engagement) has to be clearly established from the outset, almost in a ritualistic/"standard procedure" fashion > if I'm meeting you as a friend of a friend in a club, then this is the appropriate "distance" to begin at..., if I'm meeting you as a potential employer in the work place, then..., if I'm meeting you as some nasty bitch I heard was talking shit about me, on the streets, then....

Speaking for myself, one of my biggest pet peeves, perhaps exacerbated by my weak ass Fi, is being with people who don't actively introduce me to newcomers to the group or folks that they already know but I don't. If I'm in a group, and someone comes up to the group, and the newcomer doesn't greet me or my friends don't introduce me, I am inclined to remain quiet and not say anything. lol It looks very "I won't acknowledge you if you don't acknowledge me," which others have frequently misinterpreted as my being standoffish, rude, snobby or bitchy but it has more to do with needing an introduction in order to begin closing the psychological distance. Without that, I go all social retard. lol

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this has "serious" quadra written all over it (all the things I love) > preference for small, intimate groups with Fi vetted individuals where one on one engagement is possible; don't really give a fuck about noticing and adapting to the emotional background/landscape; preference for more subdued displays of emotion with a penchant for irony and sarcasm but can turn up if authentically inclined to do so; are not put off by the discussion of personal or serious topics and are adept at modulating tone and demeanor accordingly.
    I think this is more Enneagram-related. Or, when you talk about Fe, it sounds like you're talking about Alpha Fe ego, in which case - yeah I hate that too. I also prefer small groups, I usually don't care about adapting to others (only those I care for), and I highly prefer discussion of personal and serious topics, etc.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I do often regard myself as some kind of twisted/fun house mirror/dark sided NF, and so, thank you. Lol LIE-Ni has accentuated (read: strong, energetically imbalanced, behavioral manifestations of) Ni/Ne and Fi/Fe (which means that I’m more cognitively aware of/attuned to ethics, even if I’m still not the best at differentiating information on those aspects). I’ve always been kinda NT “spergerish” when it comes to my awkward relationship with people/social customs/ethics but I acknowledged this early on and sought to understand and correct that deficit–I ran towards Fi/Fe matters (e.g., psychology, mental health, self-help) and not away from them.
    Yes, I definitely understand the urge to develop the rational functions that aren’t quite on your radar. When I first started my long, drawn out exploration into typology (at 13 years old, I believe), I typed as MBTI INTP because I saw the label “The Thinker” and I thought - “This must be me!”. Because I’m often detached from my surroundings and swimming in some pool of stream of consciousness, but these thoughts are paradoxically attached to our outside world. I was also an outcast with extreme social anxiety (read: Fe issues ), so this idea of “INTP” seemed true and pleasing to me. But the thing with typology is, if it sounds pleasant to you it’s not your type. At the time I was totally rejecting my own Fe in favor of my baby Ti and my Ni - and in conjunction, I think I actually looked more like ILI than LII. I was a pessimist, I spoke in monotone, I was weird. I spent my whole life before puberty engaging the whole universe around me and doing everything to please others and being hyper sensitive to the emotional temperature of a room. And then I decided - fuck Fe, I’m gonna do me (it was all just another act, of course). And that’s what messed me up for at least three years; repressing your natural personality all the time for a couple years will DESTROY you and I had to build myself back up from scratch which thankfully for my EJ ass I was able to do. So, my point is, I think it’s common for an NF to want to be an NT as well - just look at coeur lol.

And yes, subtype makes a big difference I suppose. I believe I am Ni subtype as well, because EIE-Ni is supposed to be more... “loose” I guess is the word. They’re described as louder and more chaotic socially because the Fe subtype is a lot more of a “my posture in my dining chair is perfect” kind of faux old money person. Energy wise, xIE-Ni is really an Ep type, I think. I know Adam self types as LIE, and if you’re reading this I’m not saying you’re wrong Adam, but I’ve been getting LSE vibes from you lately. I know LIE is an NT nerd at heart but I expect someone with strong Ni to be more... aware of relationship things. Or maybe you’re just very Te subtype.

I also have a 3 fix and so being self aware (i.e., image conscious), behaviorally adaptable and chameleon-like are tools I frequently access. At my best, I’d say I’m more of the Tony Robbins (life coachy, invested in helping others realize/actualize their potential) breed of LIE, who is frequently mistyped as EIE or SEE due to his energy, intensity and ham fisted (which, in part, exposes him as not an ethical type) utilization of ethics. I’ve accumulated about 8 strong mentors throughout my life, half of whom are IEE or EIE, because I aspire to their levels of Fi/Fe transformative greatness.
    There is still a chance that I’m 3 fix or even core, but I try not to let myself obsess over enneagram so much, because it’s easy for me to. It’s my favorite typology system because of the spiritual feel. Spiritual yet more realistic than astrology IMO, though birth charts deserve more credit than they get, I think, because my IEI friends have never shown me anything that wasn’t true from my chart. If we are going by Ichazo - my fav enneagram dude - I am a 3. But it’s hard for me to distinguish if my ultra loving and helpful nature is Fe or 2 or both. I always put up this “I’m a badass and I don’t give a fuck!!!” image but in reality I’m a pregnant preschool teacher.

One of my best friends is an EIE 2w3 sx/so and we originally bonded over our headstrong, ambitious outlooks, wanting to help (read: lead, save, protect, rescue) others (via Te and Fe, respectively) to the point of being martyrs, being “turnt” and “messy” AF when we decide to let loose (which lands us in hot water), always sucking the air right out of a room for better or worse, and lamenting the ways in which being wishy washy “victim” types (alongside that sx/so ’I belong to the cause so I can’t only belong to you even though I kinda want to but I still need to be free’ shit) will keep us from ever having long lasting, consistently happy relationships. Lol And yeah, you vibe to me in a similar way.
    YUP! All me, especially the bolded. My need to help others always has me putting others before myself no matter how independent I act (and I am a pretty independent person, I think, in the sense that I express myself as far as being Fe base will let me. ex. sometimes I don’t just because it would destroy some kind of group atmosphere/Fe bullshit. But the good news is that the Se egos I hang around with are a deliciously bad influence that allows me to lock on to my independence.). The martyr thing is very true in this respect because I will allow myself to be burned at the stake for the greater good. I wear myself out helping people; I’ve given people money when I was homeless, always gave people rides, bought things for people, etc. But it’s not ALWAYS for the greater good, especially in xIE, because we can use it to our advantage, too. But even then, it’s usually a win-win sort of deal; I would let myself be used for large quantities of free drugs in the past. I am truly a mess when I get turnt, which is where the SEE idea of me comes from and yes, it has caused a lot of bad shit for me. True Se base knows how to work it way better. I am also very much a victim in the romantic sense but in the past couple months (yes, past COUPLE MONTHS and I’m 20 - tell me how I’m an aggressor now. ) I’ve started putting the moves on people first and have tried to stop the woe me victim mentality I fall into with people I like. And yes, I struggle majorly in keeping a long and healthy relationship, especially as someone who ignores and is confused by Fi. My Fi ignoring also puts an emphasis on the sucking the air out of a room part because I will continue to do so even if I sense someone is internally uncomfortable by it, because I don’t give a shit and the outside energy is more important to me. This is also why I love hanging with SLEs because together we are an unstoppable force of external emotional domination.

And yes, I have commitment issues as it relates to the bolded part. But it’s funny, because if someone manages to tie me down I actually become clingy. It just doesn’t happen often at all.

And another thing on Ni, because an ENXj uses Ni "creatively" with higher D Se (compared to an INXp), that allows us to be more cognizant of the Se data points within the environment and how they influence our perception, and so Ni’s products/predictions don't seem as mystical, conjured or "pulled from nowhere." INXp types with 1D Se tend to be more disconnected from the "here and now" but that doesn't mean that they aren't still subconsciously accumulating data from the "here and now," which is what ultimately leads to the "I knew it, but how did I know it?" conundrum, thereby creating a sense of otherworldly knowing.
    I agree with that. I think we come to a faster conclusion on things as well because we are more observant compared to the Ni bases. They like to take more time with these things so they are annoyed when I bash some Ni insight over their head and tell them what to do.
    Last edited by flames; 12-22-2019 at 01:18 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was taking a walk and came to the Reduce and Reuse Recycling Center and decided to stop in and look around. I actually found two things to buy which were fabulously underpriced, a camera tripod for $10 and a five foot length of 4" square extruded Aluminum for $3. Both about ten cents on the dollar.
    While waiting in line to pay for my finds, the two overweight teenagers in front of me, an ESI-Fi and an ESI-Se, placed whatever they had found on the cashier's table to be priced.
    The cashier said, "That comes to three dollars."
    The girls looked at each other in triumph.
    "....but we have a five dollar minimum."
    The ESI-Se immediately went over to the glasswares isle and grabbed a brown molded glass candy container off the shelf and said "This is five dollars!!" and brought it to the counter.
    I wanted to tell her that she could just pay two extra dollars and then she wouldn't have to store an ugly and essentially useless item in her house, but I thought she might not appreciate my input. My Fi might be low, but it is not non-existent.

We three left the Recycling center happier, but no wiser.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met a nice ESI girl the other day. She was socially extroverted and really talkative. She would just chatter away with her constant steam of thoughts, feelings and impulses. I felt like I was a robot in comparison to her LoL.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I told my bf that his SLE uncle seemed like a really interesting person and the other day he told me that the SLE and I had both said that about eachother independently, to him. I'm tickled and flattered.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@flames do you know which enneagram types you're most drawn to?

Historically, I've always made a beeline for 4s (probably average to unhealthy) because I think the emotional intensity of the "tortured artist" type is kind of like a drug to me--they curb stomp my Fi, which can be quite thrilling and pleasurably frightening but that never seems to end well. Inevitably, it's always more than I can bear but without a doubt, I feel plugged in and alive in ways it's hard to achieve on my own. I appreciate how they invigorate my Fi but it always comes at a cost...to my sanity. lol I think ESIs primarily cluster around 9, 6, and 4 but I don't have as much up close, intimate experience with 6s and 9s. The only ESI 9s I know well are 9w8s and they're really good for keeping me in check and providing balance, calm and restraint without wilting in the face of 8 antics--the older I get, the more attractive this sounds. The only thing I find to be triggering is the degree to which they can disconnect and shut down, which to me feels like giving up and I hate that shit at times where I think it's necessary to fight. I only know one ESI 6 well and that's a family member, the epitome of "ride or die," "us against the world" loyalty--a part of me likes the security of "trust no one but each other" but when you both have major trust issues, the journey in getting to that place of rock solid loyalty can be long and hard.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always confused when I see Fe ignoring, PoLR and suggestive types doing youtube reaction videos. lol Like, why? Kinda defeats the point if most of your visceral reactions are subdued, understated or hard to discern. It only seems to work somewhat well when they really, really, really are invested in whatever it is they're reacting to.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@flames do you know which enneagram types you're most drawn to?

Historically, I've always made a beeline for 4s (probably average to unhealthy) because I think the emotional intensity of the "tortured artist" type is kind of like a drug to me--they curb stomp my Fi, which can be quite thrilling and pleasurably frightening but that never seems to end well. Inevitably, it's always more than I can bear but without a doubt, I feel plugged in and alive in ways it's hard to achieve on my own. I appreciate how they invigorate my Fi but it always comes at a cost...to my sanity. lol I think ESIs primarily cluster around 9, 6, and 4 but I don't have as much up close, intimate experience with 6s and 9s. The only ESI 9s I know well are 9w8s and they're really good for keeping me in check and providing balance, calm and restraint without wilting in the face of 8 antics--the older I get, the more attractive this sounds. The only thing I find to be triggering is the degree to which they can disconnect and shut down, which to me feels like giving up and I hate that shit at times where I think it's necessary to fight. I only know one ESI 6 well and that's a family member, the epitome of "ride or die," "us against the world" loyalty--a part of me likes the security of "trust no one but each other" but when you both have major trust issues, the journey in getting to that place of rock solid loyalty can be long and hard.
    I agree with ESI and 4-6-9; I have not met an ESI that didn’t fall into one of these types. I know people like to include 1 into the mix with Ij types but it’s very jarring if you come from MBTI first... I wouldn’t rule out the possibility but none of the xSI I’ve encountered fit into that. Anyways, my main attraction is to 9w8. In fact, everyone but two people I’ve dated were 9w8 - the two were 4w3 and 6w7. I actually just finished talking to my IEI ex (the 4w3) about how SLI 9w8 is like a Venus fly trap. I am attracted to the 4D Ti and Si and the 9 aspects but stick around and it’s a very bad relation. I generally hate 6w7 for their idealization/devaluation feelings towards others and their total indecision in everything. Probably because I seek Ti~

They’ve all been at least a touch unhealthy relationships, but the 4w3 and 6w7 were the worst. Especially the 4w3 cuz he’s been in my life way longer than the 6 and is still present in it because I have a very hard time letting him go and I don’t think I’ve related more to anyone in my life because [insert Beta NF shit]. Originally he and I thought I was SEE and we had that almost-dual relation (I forgot the fucking word, who cares ) but now he agrees with EIE. He says we have so much in common but very stark differences and we’re in a constant competition which he sees as a mirror thing. I agree. I was actually the first one to point it out to him, it just took him time to catch on and click in his own mind (lol, very typical of Ip Ni... and typical of Ej Ni to point the shit out immediately ).

I think one of my ex gfs who I originally thought was ESI could really be SEI but I’m not sure yet. We had a very on-again-off again kinda toxic relationship. But the IEI is the most toxic hands down and people have told me to just block him but it’s against my will. I love 9w8 because they have a good balance of being submissive yet headstrong. Basically, I can lead them with my Fe but they will push back with their strong sensing too. And they are very sweet and good company.

P.S. another issue with 4 is they move to 2 in a negative and weak way, whereas my 2 fix moves to 8 so it’s “powerful”/strong

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know an e6w7 ESI-Se Artist and I buy art from her occasionally. She gets obviously anxious sometimes, but she says she really appreciates my steady support, and then she rushes off to some new, outdoors adventure.

And even though it's too late to send it to her this year, I found the perfect Christmas gift for her. A carabiner.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a bit tough on my SEI date last night. He is a nice, high quality guy. I just happened to not have him as my taste.

He told me he had some Fi polr-ish incidents when he was younger, where he said some savage shit to people and made them cry. I thought that was interesting.

I’m the real Fi polr one though, telling people why I can’t be together with them as I’m holding their hand. Now I feel like I’m a huge bitch. Oops!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met the wife of an EII acquaintance today. I actually think she’s LSE. Good for him!

I also wonder if types are distributed differently depending according to sex. I don’t think I’ve met nearly as many LSE women as LSE men. But I’ve known about as many EII men as women. Maybe he’s particularly lucky to have found a female dual.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I know an e6w7 ESI-Se Artist and I buy art from her occasionally. She gets obviously anxious sometimes, but she says she really appreciates my steady support, and then she rushes off to some new, outdoors adventure.

And even though it's too late to send it to her this year, I found the perfect Christmas gift for her. A carabiner.
    Just one carabiner? I'm going to assume this is a very special carabiner then, because I see those given away for free all the time and I take them for setting up tents or other similar things so I won't be excessively concerned about protecting them. (I've seen some quite expensive carabiners with extra gadgets, jewelry decorations, or both though.)

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8w7 = rebel and
    8w9 = brown-noser?

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...tic-professors

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Just one carabiner? I'm going to assume this is a very special carabiner then, because I see those given away for free all the time and I take them for setting up tents or other similar things so I won't be excessively concerned about protecting them. (I've seen some quite expensive carabiners with extra gadgets, jewelry decorations, or both though.)
    Nope. Just a plain carabiner.

I see that you are a romantic.

A carabiner is what holds two people together when one goes over the cliff and the other holds on.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    SLEs are more fun because we don’t do deadly things.

Talking about those SEEs that drive dangerously in family/children areas that make me go “HOW CAN YOU RISK CHILDRENS’ SAFETY” ahhh life without Fe
    Putting unreliable anecdotal evidence aside, theoretically, this does not hold.

Fi is concerned with the capacity to discern the distance or degree of attraction/repulsion between subjects and/or objects– this manifests by 1.) being in touch with one’s own intricately and deeply held beliefs/sentiments/wishes/desires in relation to others/objects and 2.) attempting to take on the subjective perspective of others, by placing one’s self into another’s shoes, in order to discern their beliefs/sentiments/wishes/desires. 4D Fi valuers do this effortlessly and automatically. So then what would the implications be for 1D non valuers of Fi? Lol

I’ll tell you > a disinclination to consider both their own subjective personal sentiments in relation to themselves/others AND the personal sentiments of those outside of themselves, which, in the extreme, can manifest as a reckless disregard for other’s feelings. Valuing Fe means that they more readily rely on sentiments being clearly and unambiguously expressed/extroverted outwardly in order to know what someone is feeling, and in absence of this, they are less likely to make (Fi) assumptions. All Fe valuers are less inclined to make Fi assumptions but *EIs and E*Es can do so easily if necessary; the same can’t be said for *LE and L*I, and that can come with severe consequences for everybody.

Unlike SLEs that have 1D Fi and 2D Fe, SEEs have 3D Fi and 4D Fe, and therefore, on average, it would not make sense for them to be less concerned with the ethics of their beliefs and actions as it relates to others. BTW, I’m also in the 1D Fi camp, so I’m not casting aspersions/talking shit, just telling it like it is. SLEs are over represented in all things "risky (to the detriment of themselves and others)," competitive and conflict laden, be it sports, business or the military, in part due to giving a lot less fucks about Fi concerns, which implicitly involve the discernment, cultivation and maintenance of deeply held personal values and stable interpersonal bonds.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My LSE sister, who is very unhappily married to an IEI, called me from her isolated house on the top of a mountain out west to say Hi and Merry Christmas. Her IEI husband moved himself there because he had a premonition in a dream and she reluctantly followed to save her marriage, but she had to leave her pharmacy job (+$150k) and could only find new work in the local Home Depot at $8/hr, because they are now living in the middle of nowhere. She spent the spring and summer putting in a food garden, but the animals there ate everything. She even has to truck in water to fill their cistern, because their well is drying up. Chalk up another stupid life decision to her husband. She's pretty unhappy, but she's trying to convince herself that everything is just fine.

I told her that I was spending Christmas alone this year, because all my family members are in different states, and work sucks but we just got a very good contract with more in the pipeline so there is money flowing in. I'm telling her this from my dining room, which doesn't have a ceiling because of remodeling, and the kitchen is gutted, and my life is a complete mess, and she says to me with some resentment in her voice, "Well, I'm sure you'll be fine. You always seem to land on your feet."

Which surprised me. After all, Strat did say of LIE's Te/Ni: "This is a "program" of a person who in any situation sees the most unexpected way out, who finds reserves where no one else sees them, who resolves his problems in the most unexpected way."

And perhaps this is the way that my sister sees me. It is not the way that I see myself, though. I see myself engaged in an endless struggle to get even the smallest things done. So I sent her some pictures of my torn up house to make her feel better.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 12-26-2019 at 03:15 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the Instagram of the IEI friend of mine who wants to take a holiday to visit me. Most of it is cat videos.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I found the Instagram of the IEI friend of mine who wants to take a holiday to visit me. Most of it is cat videos.
    lol If possible, take them to see the Cats film, but steer clear of any type of mind altering substance if you do or you won't make it home alive. Another warning, that film will smash your Ti to smithereens, which should hopefully result in a fuckton of confused, incredulous laughter. But most importantly, if the IEI genuinely enjoys the film on its merits and laughs WITH instead of AT the film, then immediately end the relationship. IMMEDIATELY.

OR, suggest to the IEI that they see the film on their own. Again, any seriously affirmative and positive reviews should be taken as a sign to not let that person into your home. And this is coming from a self identified "cat" person.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Episode IEI:
    My IEI friend who is going to fly over to visit me now told me he bought stationery to write a letter to me with. -.-
    In my mind: “He only has $2 to buy stationery and is really trying to stretch out the value of it.”

Episode SEI:
    SEI date last week having dinner with me: “Do you like the meat here? We can come back here again in the future.”
    Me in my mind: “LOL what the hell is making him assume we are ever going to see each other again..”
    Also: “This is way too expensive even for the value.”

TLDR, these Fe creatives need to step up their game in terms of realizing how other people perceive value. Either that, or this is my first taste of strong Te polr in a long while. I’m very unimpressed by the majority of them. It takes a certain kind of person, not just any Fe creative, for me to be able to constantly be willing to tolerate and offer help to them in this area.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was at the hardware store, picking up some leveling bolts and a gallon of WD40 to keep my machines from rusting and one of the employees was making popcorn for the customers. The hardware store is pretty diverse. It doesn't just have the usual SLI's and LSE's, but rather it has people from every quadra and description working there.

The woman making popcorn was a black SLE, and she asked me if I wanted salt on it. I set my gallon can of WD40 down next to the popcorn bags and said "No, whoever normally prepares the popcorn puts way too much salt on it."

One of the guys at the counter said, "You gonna put that WD40 on it?"

I looked at the gallon can and said, "Oh, yeah. Popcorn and WD40. Man, that's just the thing to..." and I made an outward sweeping gesture with my hand. "You know, it acts like......" I was searching for words here.

The guys at the counter were cracking up, but one of the guys, a tall, thin, gay IEI male smiled at me like I was a member of the club and came over to me to get a bag himself.

What is it with IEI's and ass jokes?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

That was an ass joke? WD40, I can follow that, but popcorn? Wouldn't it get crushed in the process of any attempt to- ok

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    That was an ass joke? WD40, I can follow that, but popcorn? Wouldn't it get crushed in the process of any attempt to- ok
    These guys work in a hardware store, not the Space Science Institute.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to buy furniture/houseware for myself without a car again and I’m tired of it. Suddenly, I wish I was still in good relations with my tall, strong IEI coworker (I saw him lift a desk) who offered to help move furniture for me.

There are certain challenges I like, but I don’t actually like painful menial labor, unless I really need the exercise.