View Poll Results: Do you generally trust people's self typings?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes; I tend to assume that they know themselves best.

8 61.54%
  • No; my knowledge and observation capability allow me to notice that many of them are mistyped.

5 38.46%

Thread: Do you trust people's self-typings?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only Te types are able to correctly type themselves and others, so if you're not a Te type then you shouldn't even bother.

This would assume that Te types have some sort of infallible reasoning abilities as well as infallible sensory perception... which is, impossible.

But even if that were so, if you're not a Te type, then you can't correctly type others as Te types, so you have no way of knowing whether anyone is correct or not. Or even know whether the entire Socionics theory is correct or not, because of your natural lack of ability in reasoning abilities or sensory perception.

The absolutely worst thing is that you can't even know yourself perfectly, as even that is subject to error, and therefore you can't even type yourself as a Te type.

So you end up with the conclusion that you can't "trust" anyone with their typings, including your own self-typing. The belief that Te types are always correct, and Te types are not always correct, end up with the exact same conclusion. You could not have absolutely trusted them, even if they were infallible.

The entire reason why this happened, is because you gave reason precedence over "trusting" anyone. You took the idea of Te-type infallibility seriously, and the entire thing self-exploded and therefore refuted.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Only Te types are able to correctly type themselves and others, so if you're not a Te type then you shouldn't even bother.

This would assume that Te types have some sort of infallible reasoning abilities as well as infallible sensory perception... which is, impossible.

But even if that were so, if you're not a Te type, then you can't correctly type others as Te types, so you have no way of knowing whether anyone is correct or not. Or even know whether the entire Socionics theory is correct or not, because of your natural lack of ability in reasoning abilities or sensory perception.

The absolutely worst thing is that you can't even know yourself perfectly, as even that is subject to error, and therefore you can't even type yourself as a Te type.

So you end up with the conclusion that you can't "trust" anyone with their typings, including your own self-typing. The belief that Te types are always correct, and Te types are not always correct, end up with the exact same conclusion. You could not have absolutely trusted them, even if they were infallible.

The entire reason why this happened, is because you gave reason precedence over "trusting" anyone. You took the idea of Te-type infallibility seriously, and the entire thing self-exploded and therefore refuted.
    What beef you have against Te, dude? Also, the self-typings of people could be trusted in the basis that they make sense or not (i.e. that they are observable and consistent in behavior with the claim). I also know my type with 100% certitude, and knew it back in MBTI.

Things can be observed to see if they make sense or not. There's an objetive reality out there.