TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey @flames, mind answering this?

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    First, answer this > can you physically feel/take on/mirror the emotions of others and whatever environment you're apart of, as if their feelings and moods are contagious? Valuing Fe involves being dynamically aware of the "continuous excitations in people's emotional" states, which I interpret as affective/emotional empathy, where brain cells called mirror neurons fire when we sense another’s emotional state, creating an echo of that state inside our own minds.

To differing extents and degrees, all Fe valuers (E*Es, the most and L*Is, the least) are aware of and in tune with the ambient emotional vibes in others and the environment, though they may have differing facility and competency when it comes to utilizing and responding to this brand of "feedback." If you relate to this, then Alpha and Beta quadra are likely.

If not, that leaves Delta and Gamma, who prefer Fi cognitive empathy or perspective taking, which concerns one's ability to identify and understand other people’s emotions by way of placing oneself in another's shoes. Those with strong, high D Fi can almost automatically and spontaneously take on another’s perspective while those with low D Fi struggle to do so as quickly and easily.

The scientific community acknowledges that people access empathy channels differently and that there are those who are great at cognitive empathy but have trouble accessing affective empathy, namely because these two types of empathy are working completely different processing systems.

In my experience/research/nvestigations, I have found that Gamma and Delta F types don't do affective empathy that well, which is part of the reason why they are often (negatively) perceived as selfish or self focused and refuse to fake or alter their emotional state to appease others, contasted with Fe valuers who can have their feelings more easily moved and swayed by others and the environment, which is fine. It's just that some people may be more genetically hardwired to physically feel the emotions of others.

So which form of empathy do you cognitively prefer? It can make all the difference in the world when it comes to narrowing down your type options.
    Whatever your type is, I know it's something that I like.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey @flames, mind answering this?

Whatever your type is, I know it's something that I like.
    Umm, I hate questions like these because my brain automatically points to “both” in most cases... because I feel like people are way too complex to be black & white. I DO mirror outside emotions and try to stay connected to them, ex. if we’re all having fun I’m having fun... then everyone suddenly gets quiet and I’ll try to bring it back up again but if they’re not going for it I will get quiet too. Whatever the situation calls for. But I’m an empath in general and understand others by getting into their shoes too.

And if I’m feeling some type of way, nine times out of ten I’m gonna let you know regardless of the emotional environment.

And thanks! I have seen you around a bit here, you seem cool too.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    Umm, I hate questions like these because my brain automatically points to “both” in most cases... because I feel like people are way too complex to be black & white. I DO mirror outside emotions and try to stay connected to them, ex. if we’re all having fun I’m having fun... then everyone suddenly gets quiet and I’ll try to bring it back up again but if they’re not going for it I will get quiet too. Whatever the situation calls for. But I’m an empath in general and understand others by getting into their shoes too.

And if I’m feeling some type of way, nine times out of ten I’m gonna let you know regardless of the emotional environment.

And thanks! I have seen you around a bit here, you seem cool too.
    After seeing you, I'd say that you are EIE.

And after reading this response (which I somehow missed ), I'd definitely say EIE because only Fe valuers, especially strong ones, have relatively easy access to both forms of empathy, if they so choose. Fi types don't access affective empathy via the same mirror neuron system that Fe valuers do. Don't forget, when I speak of affective empathy and mirror neurons, I'm speaking of a physiological phenomenon, something that has been observed, recorded, studied and documented--and the science has shown that not everyone has access to that, and that one doesn't necessarily have to access affective empathy channels in order to experience empathy in another form. I know for damn certain that I'm not physiologically capable of affective empathy. lol And neither is my SEE mom, for example. High D Fi valuers can mimic high D Fe by way of their Fi > because they are so in touch with their own subjective feeling, it's possible for them to serve that up for everyone else's consumption, to wear it ostensibly, as far as nurturing an upbeat and pleasant environment, when and if they care to. But that's not the same thing as physiologically taking on/mirroring someone else's emotional state (as if beyond your control) or that of the environment they're apart of, as in feeling pushed to cry at the sight of someone else crying, for example. Even I access my weak ass Fe in a similar manner, by way of Fi. If I truly, genuinely like someone, I can pour out emotion onto then with effusive hugs, kisses, mobile facial expressions, praise and all that and it will come off as real Fe and not forced. But heaven forbid I don't like the person (or am neutral about them, like I generally feel for most people), then I ooze stiff, stilted, forced, fake ass MFer when stepping into role Fe. lol

Fe doms have 4D Fi and if necessary, can adeptly explore their own inner sentiments concerning other people in order to close or increase psychological distance; it's just that viscerally picking up emotional feedback by way of Fe (read: affective empathy) is a quicker, more immediately telling way of interfacing with another person's emotional state. Fe users prefer to see/discern, clearly, how someone else feels for them based on the outward, external expression of emotionality, as in, if you are happy to see me, then bitch you'd better be all smiles and all teeth. lol It's just that, whereas ESEs are more inclined to minimize and desire to minimize negative emotions and their display within the environment, EIEs don't mind amping them up, especially in an argument or where they are strongly trying to get a certain point across. EIEs don't mind shaking the table, so to speak, which is why I generally love them. lol

Does any of this make sense to you?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After seeing you, I'd say that you are EIE.

And after reading this response (which I somehow missed ), I'd definitely say EIE because only Fe valuers, especially strong ones, have relatively easy access to both forms of empathy, if they so choose. Fi types don't access affective empathy via the same mirror neuron system that Fe valuers do. Don't forget, when I speak of affective empathy and mirror neurons, I'm speaking of a physiological phenomenon, something that has been observed, recorded, studied and documented--and the science has shown that not everyone has access to that, and that one doesn't necessarily have to access affective empathy channels in order to experience empathy in another form. I know for damn certain that I'm not physiologically capable of affective empathy. lol And neither is my SEE mom, for example. High D Fi valuers can mimic high D Fe by way of their Fi > because they are so in touch with their own subjective feeling, it's possible for them to serve that up for everyone else's consumption, to wear it ostensibly, as far as nurturing an upbeat and pleasant environment, when and if they care to. But that's not the same thing as physiologically taking on/mirroring someone else's emotional state (as if beyond your control) or that of the environment they're apart of, as in feeling pushed to cry at the sight of someone else crying, for example. Even I access my weak ass Fe in a similar manner, by way of Fi. If I truly, genuinely like someone, I can pour out emotion onto then with effusive hugs, kisses, mobile facial expressions, praise and all that and it will come off as real Fe and not forced. But heaven forbid I don't like the person (or am neutral about them, like I generally feel for most people), then I ooze stiff, stilted, forced, fake ass MFer when stepping into role Fe. lol

Fe doms have 4D Fi and if necessary, can adeptly explore their own inner sentiments concerning other people in order to close or increase psychological distance; it's just that viscerally picking up emotional feedback by way of Fe (read: affective empathy) is a quicker, more immediately telling way of interfacing with another person's emotional state. Fe users prefer to see/discern, clearly, how someone else feels for them based on the outward, external expression of emotionality, as in, if you are happy to see me, then bitch you'd better be all smiles and all teeth. lol It's just that, whereas ESEs are more inclined to minimize and desire to minimize negative emotions and their display within the environment, EIEs don't mind amping them up, especially in an argument or where they are strongly trying to get a certain point across. EIEs don't mind shaking the table, so to speak, which is why I generally love them. lol

Does any of this make sense to you?
    Haha, no problem regarding missing the post, I actually thought you were postponing it to formulate a reply. Actually it seems like you did both - “after seeing you” - you must have been watching me somewhat to confirm whatever you were already speculating. That’s something I always appreciate in people here and will never stop announcing my appreciation for lol. Feels good when people are genuinely interested in figuring someone out rather than simply slapping a label on after one second based off how they feel about you (Cough, MARITSA, cough, SOL - fight me).

And yeah, that all makes perfect sense to me. My whole life I have had those knee jerk reactions to the emotions around me: if I see someone crying I will tear up and run to console them, if there’s laughter around me I’m compelled to laugh even if I didn’t hear the joke... if you’re talking shit, I’m talking shit. And so on. Not that I don’t have my own independent feelings - I certainly do and like I said I will express them most of the time, which is kinda where “EIEs shaking the table” comes from. Though I would say ESEs CAN sometimes be that way depending on enneagram, ex. my ESE mother (yes she’s really ESE I know we’re all compelled to type our mothers Alpha SF...) seems to be 261, and when she’s unhealthier the claws really come out - the 2 disintegrating to 8 is definitely nasty. And on the other side of the coin, I prefer to have fun which can come off as preferring the positive and I most likely am a positive type in the enneagram (7 or 2 or 3 which isn’t in the positive triad but competency recognizes that being more positive is a greater path to success).

But I get a rush out of intense emotions and loud arguments, even physical brawls. Which I won’t always admit. And sometimes it’s really another way of me having fun. I get infuriated when people cut me off before I’m finished chewing them out, for example, and I think cutting someone off is more Fi valuing whereas going the full length of expressing what you feel is more Fe valuing. Lately, I’ve been practicing cutting people off more myself which is foreign to me because I never have in my life before but as I get older and as anyone gets older it starts to become necessary.

And I do have my inner sentiments and ability to see psychological distance but that’s just a weaker option whereas seeing the emotional feedback is a STRONG need. I can get lost without it and question where the psychological distance is even if deep down I know where it’s at for the most part. If you love me you better show it, if you hate me don’t hide it behind your back - either way I probably know because #NiKnowsThings but I need my confirmation.

Ironically, there are times when my feelings are totally shut off and I’m dissociated too, though. Like, I know I’m supposed to be feeling this way or that way but instead I’m apathetic and blank. “I’m not as sad as I should be about this”, etc. Perhaps that is another symptom of Ni.

sbbds/n4/niffer said in another thread that I talk about too many concrete things which makes me SEE which did not compute with me, I mean just look at LIEs (who I also like).

Cheers!

P.S. ExFx have 3D Fi, not 4D
    Last edited by flames; 11-29-2019 at 03:37 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Haha, no problem regarding missing the post, I actually thought you were postponing it to formulate a reply. Actually it seems like you did both - “after seeing you” - you must have been watching me somewhat to confirm whatever you were already speculating. That’s something I always appreciate in people here and will never stop announcing my appreciation for lol. Feels good when people are genuinely interested in figuring someone out rather than simply slapping a label on after one second based off how they feel about you (Cough, MARITSA, cough, SOL - fight me).

And yeah, that all makes perfect sense to me. My whole life I have had those knee jerk reactions to the emotions around me: if I see someone crying I will tear up and run to console them, if there’s laughter around me I’m compelled to laugh even if I didn’t hear the joke... if you’re talking shit, I’m talking shit. And so on. Not that I don’t have my own independent feelings - I certainly do and like I said I will express them most of the time, which is kinda where “EIEs shaking the table” comes from. Though I would say ESEs CAN sometimes be that way depending on enneagram, ex. my ESE mother (yes she’s really ESE I know we’re all compelled to type our mothers Alpha SF...) seems to be 261, and when she’s unhealthier the claws really come out - the 2 disintegrating to 8 is definitely nasty. And on the other side of the coin, I prefer to have fun which can come off as preferring the positive and I most likely am a positive type in the enneagram (7 or 2 or 3 which isn’t in the positive triad but competency recognizes that being more positive is a greater path to success).

But I get a rush out of intense emotions and loud arguments, even physical brawls. Which I won’t always admit. And sometimes it’s really another way of me having fun. I get infuriated when people cut me off before I’m finished chewing them out, for example, and I think cutting someone off is more Fi valuing whereas going the full length of expressing what you feel is more Fe valuing. Lately, I’ve been practicing cutting people off more myself which is foreign to me because I never have in my life before but as I get older and as anyone gets older it starts to become necessary.

And I do have my inner sentiments and ability to see psychological distance but that’s just a weaker option whereas seeing the emotional feedback is a STRONG need. I can get lost without it and question where the psychological distance is even if deep down I know where it’s at for the most part. If you love me you better show it, if you hate me don’t hide it behind your back - either way I probably know because #NiKnowsThings but I need my confirmation.

Ironically, there are times when my feelings are totally shut off and I’m dissociated too, though. Like, I know I’m supposed to be feeling this way or that way but instead I’m apathetic and blank. “I’m not as sad as I should be about this”, etc. Perhaps that is another symptom of Ni.

sbbds/n4/niffer said in another thread that I talk about too many concrete things which makes me SEE which did not compute with me, I mean just look at LIEs (who I also like).

Cheers!

P.S. ExFx have 3D Fi, not 4D
    You know what I type you and that will never change
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    You know what I type you and that will never change
    This sounds rather ignorant and close minded and so does the whole “final type” statement. Like you’re shutting people down. Maybe you should work on your Ni and Ne.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This sounds rather ignorant and close minded and so does the whole “final type” statement. Like you’re shutting people down. Maybe you should work on your Ni and Ne.
    One day you will care (Ni) and twill be highly remorseful of the way you treated me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html