Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
Like @thegreenfaerie mentioned with “weakness”, I and others I know have had heart palpitations and difficulty breathing with too much magnesium. I think one person I knew had a blackout. So be careful seriously lol.
If you want to survive the coronavirus, Vitamin D seems like one of the most important factors. There is a giant correlation between vitamin D levels and mortality. It seems like every test they perform on the relationship, the correlation becomes even stronger. Most people are deficient in magnesium, but too high levels of magnesium is bad as well. The body is all about voltage differential where things generate a current and then another ion comes in to relax. Sodium/Potassium, Calcium/Magnesium, Zinc/Copper. Too much magnesium can cause the blood pressure to drop, which is probably why your friend blacked out. Calcium and Magnesium are a big part of how the heart beats. Calcium makes your heart constrict and pump blood and the Magnesium relaxes your heart. If you have too much of either(or not enough of one), your heart can beat out of rhythm. For most people, if they are having heart palpitations there's a decent chance that Magnesium will help. There are exceptions to that rule though, which is probably what happened to your friend. Your friends blood pressure dropped, oxygen levels declined, and he/she passed out. I want to also point out that he/she may have had low calcium levels.