Thread: Dietary Supplements (for optimal health)

Hybrid View

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Subteigh: you're probably confusing the Vitamin-D dosages: you are speaking of 8.5-10mg (milligrams), but it should probably be 8.5-10μg (micrograms) recommendation, hence the factor 1000 overdose when taking Vitamin D in the milligram range. Over here in Holland the elderly are recommended to take extra Vitamin D on a daily basis of 10-20 micrograms.

I'm currently on 20μg daily on doctors orders, some of my blood values are too high and my Vitamin D level is to low.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    @Subteigh: you're probably confusing the Vitamin-D dosages: you are speaking of 8.5-10mg (milligrams), but it should probably be 8.5-10μg (micrograms) recommendation, hence the factor 1000 overdose when taking Vitamin D in the milligram range. Over here in Holland the elderly are recommended to take extra Vitamin D on a daily basis of 10-20 micrograms.

I'm currently on 20μg daily on doctors orders, some of my blood values are too high and my Vitamin D level is to low.
    Ah yes, you're quite right.