Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    how come she can't choose furniture or paint until the ceilings are back up?

I think she has a hard time imagining things that she can't actually see, but I could be wrong. Certainly, when we were working together this summer, she'd rearrange a room, and then a few days later, she'd rearrange it again, after she had a chance to experience it and then think about it for a while.

This is actually in the ESI handbook. "If you are LIE, be prepared to help ESI move the furniture every once in a while."

Really, with most people, I can use what I observe about them to do a simulation and get inside their heads. My purpose in this is to better anticipate what they are going to do and to figure out what I can expect from them. With her, I can't do this. She seems to be coming from a very, very different place, and my brain doesn't bend that way.

I probably will never really understand ESIs, and I doubt if they can really understand me. She already told me that people like me are why the world is so fucked up, so I assume she has no desire to better understand me.
    But I find that, despite not being able to truly understand each other, Duals are invariably able to provide the other person with exactly the kind of help they need.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-01-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think she has a hard time imagining things that she can't actually see, but I could be wrong.
    do you use any kind of mockups?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

do you use any kind of mockups?

No, not at all. She's flying completely by the seat of her pants.

For the record, last night, I showed her my building with the machines in it and she asked me what that thing was against one wall, and I told her it was a twelve-foot optical table that I didn't have room for when I laid the place out, and she suggested putting it down the middle of one of the big rooms, which might actually work.
    I told her that when I laid the place out, I made a scale model on a sheet of paper with little cutouts for the machines (because it's easier to move a cutout around than a 13,000 lb machine) and she lit up and said that was a great idea!

So she's an Artist, not an Engineer. I value that part of her.

There is software which can simulate buildings and interiors, and I have a number of CAD programs and renderers (for presentations) which could do this, but it takes a huge amount of time to build these models in CAD. I find it much easier and faster to just find someone with a good eye.

Her taste and mine coincide really well. My only complaint is that she tries to save money when she doesn't have to on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My only complaint is that she tries to save money when she doesn't have to on this project.

lol
    have you told her that?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol
    have you told her that?

Yes, but I'm not sure what she thought of that. She is trying to do what she thinks is best for me, and she sees that sometimes I have a lot of cash available and sometimes I have almost none. I should ask her what she has concluded from that.

I think she's naturally frugal, which I like, actually. I had an LSI GF whom I did not trust with my credit card, but the ESI, I do.

I do think she's getting more comfortable with the idea that I will be able to come up with the money when it is needed, or soon thereafter.

IDK. From my perspective, information goes into her, she remembers everything, and concrete actions come out. She doesn't seem to share her thoughts much, other than to say she's excited about something, or she doesn't like something else.

TIM
    ESI. sx/sp 459
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI moves the bluetooth speaker from its place on top of the refrigerator/freezer (near a corner of the kitchen), saying "And this needs to go somewhere else," thinking that this was an uncharacteristically strange spot for an LIE to place an item.

LIE: Well it should be pointing towards a corner, the sound is best that way

ESI replaces it where it was and marvels at how someone could find the time and mental space to learn such things as how to optimize acoustics when this has nothing to do with their profession or daily needs.