Thread: ESI/LIE Conversations

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI-Se CP 6w7: I think the whole world is going wrong and people are shit.

LIE-Te 8w7: I'm the opposite. I think that we can fix the world and that most people are basically good.

ESI-Se CP 6w7: I think people like YOU are what's wrong with the world.

LIE-Te 8w7: Maybe you can fix things. After all, you're the only person I listen to. You're the only person who seems to be able to get me to do things I don't want to do. Or stop me from doing things I shouldn't do. In return, I can provide you guys with some optimism and an assured, secure future.

ESI-Se CP 6w7: You can't do that. No one can do that. I don't need you in my life.

Editor's note: This is pretty typical of ESI-LIE conversations I've had, especially when the LIE is e8 and the ESI is e6. This is almost certainly why I'm still single.

Let me tell you one thing: LSI's are much more reasonable. They, at least, run on logic.

No, I'll add a second thing. Compared to most LIEs, I'm a fucking idiot.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-28-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ESI-Se CP 6w7: I think the whole world is going wrong and people are shit.

LIE-Te 8w7: I'm the opposite. I think that we can fix the world and that most people are basically good.

ESI-Se CP 6w7: I think people like YOU are what's wrong with the world.

LIE-Te 8w7: Maybe you can fix things. After all, you're the only person I listen to. You're the only person who seems to be able to get me to do things I don't want to do. Or stop me from doing things I shouldn't do. In return, I can provide you guys with some optimism and an assured, secure future.

ESI-Se CP 6w7: You can't do that. No one can do that. I don't need you in my life.

Editor's note: This is pretty typical of ESI-LIE conversations I've had, especially when the LIE is e8 and the ESI is e6. This is almost certainly why I'm still single.

Let me tell you one thing: LSI's are much more reasonable. They, at least, run on logic.

No, I'll add a second thing. Compared to most LIEs, I'm a fucking idiot.

Thanks for sharing your story, I find it very enlightening.

Regarding Climate Change, I too would be offended when people say "everything will be alright", because such thinking undermines the need to take action. Rather I would hear about solutions to convince me why things might end okay. Or even better yet, how I can take action myself to contribute to a solution. I'm not an ESI, but as a fellow Gamma those are my two cents.

Also, you're repeatedly saying that you don't want to help people who you don't know. But how can you be sure of that, if you haven't tried it yet? Te-users need a meaningful goal to strive towards too. If not, we tend to earn a lot of money, only to burnout when we realize money is meaningless when we have no-one to share it with.
    If anything, message her that you would like to see the work that she's doing, not just hearing about it. And tell her that you would like giving it a shot yourself. Take a weekend off to visit her in Detroit and join her at her work with disadvantaged people.That way you show to her that you're making an effort to see things from her perspective as well. You might even redeem yourself from "asshole" status when you start connecting to the people you help and find out how rewarding it can be.

Heck, you might even come across some nice lady yourself there. Work, work, work definitely has not been the place to find the person you're looking for, and dating apps and websites tend to be rather superficial. So, there's no better place to find the person who you're looking for than when you explore that which your Dual loves most of all. If anything, it would be a good opportunity to nurture your Fi, which you seem to have neglected for quite long.

Sorry, if I sound rather direct, but I'm a LIE and Dutch. Directness is in my culture, I'm afraid, haha. ��