Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I'm redecorating my house and I'm using an ESI-Se to help set the taste of the place. I can do the structure, but I need help with the appearance of things, and that's what she does very well. She moves furniture around and throws stuff out if it isn't useful any more. We're not at the stage yet where we're buying. She wants everything out first.

One thing I absolutely hate doing is paperwork. As a consequence, I have boxes and boxes of financial records sitting around, unorganized except roughly by year. The ESI wants to get rid of them, and I'm fine with that, as long as I don't need something for a future duel with the IRS. The ESI said, "I can't decide what to keep and what to throw out. Only you can do that."

"Right," I said, despondently. I'm not looking forward to spending time sorting through old papers when I could be making new money.

"Do I have to stand over you to get you motivated?", she asked.

"You know," I said, poking her, "I belong to a personality forum, and there are descriptions written about the two of us together where you are in a dominatrix costume standing over me with a whip."

She laughed. "They miss how this feels. I'm trying to help."
    Adam, I am enjoying reading this thread which I haven't seen in awhile. The IRS papers: they are going to be DONE soon. At least put them somewhere poised for trash, for as soon as you have the reality confirmed that there will be no income tax anymore. : )
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Adam, I am enjoying reading this thread which I haven't seen in awhile. The IRS papers: they are going to be DONE soon. At least put them somewhere poised for trash, for as soon as you have the reality confirmed that there will be no income tax anymore. : )
    @Eliza Thomason, that's exactly what we did. We filed the papers and bagged the receipts by year and threw out everything that was more than five years old.

Now, with every passing year, we will throw out the five-year-old papers. Feels good.